what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• I am wondering what to do with myself and my day off... I honestly would rather be working :shock:

I need a hobby
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Claireack wrote:
    Bit muddled up, had two massive rows with hubby over New Year, now he's being overly nice to me. He even bought me a new top for £75 (ultra warm). Feel uncomfortable and a little confused :?

don't over-think it. I'm starting to believe that if i had not gone out of my mind over thinking shit the week before the gf left, that I wouldn't be in the posistion that i'm in now. I'm pretty sure that I pushed her right into the other guys arms by being paranoid about our relationship.

just enjoy the jesture, and get back to normal ..... as FAST as you can !!!

good luck.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I had a really weird dream last night, :o and I went to wake up hubby, for a brief moment I forgot I had left him...the whole thing was really strange...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Thanking G-d my cousin's flight took off from Port Au Prince on time... 30 minutes before the earthquake :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Thanking G-d my cousin's flight took off from Port Au Prince on time... 30 minutes before the earthquake :shock:

Jesus. What was he/she doing in Haiti?

awesome !!!! so glad to hear this !
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    edited January 2010

Well he is Haitian and was visiting family. He also runs a charity down there. Here is some first hand accounts of what happened in a town outside of the capital. People should be aware that it is really bad elsewhere too...

Dear Friends-

I received all of your messages. Thank you. I am in Puerto Rico and flying into Port-au-Prince on a charter fight in a few hours.

Jacmel was hit very hard by the massive earthquake. Miraculously our Cine Institute team and students seem to all be alive. The town lost many many buildings and presumably many more lives. In an urgent email from our school director, Andrew Bigosinski said, "There is no local rescue plan or capacity. No emergency food, water, blankets or medicine. The Hospital St. Michel collapsed. I joined 3000 others to sleep at the airstrip last night. You could hear the howling of people crying in town. Nightmarish. I never could have expected the ferocity of this quake."

Our own infrastructure at the Institute is badly damaged. We are gearing up to work on three fronts: get news out about Jacmel so help arrives there too, help family abroad confirm status of their family in Jacmel, acquire and distribute medical care, medicine, food and water to the town and surrounding areas. Internet is barely working so please be patient.

See first pics of Jacmel here: http://www.cineinstitute.com/about-us/photos/

If you have family in Jacmel send names and their details to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@cineinstitute.com">info@cineinstitute.com</a><!-- e --> and we will attempt to get news of them for you.

Port-au-prince appears to be nearly flattened and dominating the current coverage. It appears that there is no substantial infrastructure remaining to launch search and recovery and treat wounded.

The national palace, the UN HQs, the General Hospital, Medicins sans Frontier are all leveled. We are still trying to figure out just who is left that can be effective. So much now depends on how quickly the US, UN and others can get in there

and how effectively they can coordinate efforts.
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    edited January 2010
    BD - that's a bit relief

And thank you Wolf, I will try :D
    Post edited by Claireack on

Well he is Haitian and was visiting family. He also runs a charity down there. Here is some first hand accounts of what happened in a town outside of the capital. People should be aware that it is really bad elsewhere too...

Dear Friends-

I received all of your messages. Thank you. I am in Puerto Rico and flying into Port-au-Prince on a charter fight in a few hours.

Communications are extremely difficult in Haiti as cell towers are out. Blackberry Messenger is working best. my pin# is 20F38F3D

Jacmel was hit very hard by the massive earthquake. Miraculously our Cine Institute team and students seem to all be alive. The town lost many many buildings and presumably many more lives. In an urgent email from our school director, Andrew Bigosinski said, "There is no local rescue plan or capacity. No emergency food, water, blankets or medicine. The Hospital St. Michel collapsed. I joined 3000 others to sleep at the airstrip last night. You could hear the howling of people crying in town. Nightmarish. I never could have expected the ferocity of this quake."

Our own infrastructure at the Institute is badly damaged. We are gearing up to work on three fronts: get news out about Jacmel so help arrives there too, help family abroad confirm status of their family in Jacmel, acquire and distribute medical care, medicine, food and water to the town and surrounding areas. Internet is barely working so please be patient.

See first pics of Jacmel here: http://www.cineinstitute.com/about-us/photos/

If you have family in Jacmel send names and their details to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@cineinstitute.com">info@cineinstitute.com</a><!-- e --> and we will attempt to get news of them for you.

Port-au-prince appears to be nearly flattened and dominating the current coverage. It appears that there is no substantial infrastructure remaining to launch search and recovery and treat wounded.

The national palace, the UN HQs, the General Hospital, Medicins sans Frontier are all leveled. We are still trying to figure out just who is left that can be effective. So much now depends on how quickly the US, UN and others can get in there

and how effectively they can coordinate efforts.

Jesus. I don't know what else to say. Crazy. Sorry, bud.
  • keeping my job....I am on a workforce reduction call as I type this.
    keeping my job....I am on a workforce reduction call as I type this.
    Oh boy... Good Luck!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • keeping my job....I am on a workforce reduction call as I type this.
    Oh boy... Good Luck!!

Thanks! This is the 3rd year in a row this has happened. I have 20 years with the company.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i really want to go home.
    i wish tomorrow was saturday.
    i would really like a glass of red wine, but i won't.
    i wish i could still eat everything i want and be a skinny bitch.
    :twisted:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

With the right balance of meth in your diet, you can still be a skinny bitch. :P

I wish I had a pint of beer in front of me right now... It wouldn't remain a pint for long. 4 day weekend starts in two hours though.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:

With the right balance of meth in your diet, you can still be a skinny bitch. :P

I wish I had a pint of beer in front of me right now... It wouldn't remain a pint for long. 4 day weekend starts in two hours though.

i hate you. ;)

meanwhile, i have only been back at work....a week. :| haha.
    and taking a week off last week in february.
    i'm just bored here today.

*plans to pick up meth on the way home*
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• I'D RATHER BE IN A PEARL JAM CONCERT
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Haiti
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Haiti

Peace
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    wondering why the Royal Navy helicopters are so active and flying so low tonight.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    The process of evolution!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • stuff
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    stuff

:lol: ok then...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:
    stuff

:lol: ok then...
    8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    home!

get to GO! in less than 5 minutes!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Haiti.

poor fucking people.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    still tits
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    I'm about to OD on broccoli salad and I'm very happy about it.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Laughing my ass off at my dad....he is on the phone to me, while watching the gps tracking system online to watch where the courier is that picked up my FIXED laptop.....and it just arrived at his doorstep!!!! 43mins from pick up to delivery!!! Awsome..love VIP p/ups!!! Plus,,,...my dad is a dag and I love him! :lol::lol:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    classes start on Tuesday. ugh.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    My dogs....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!