Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Terrible back pain and I have an important meeting today, I can't cancel so I'll go anyway. Painkillers do help a bit.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    Not sure if this deserves it's own thread or not...
    My coworker has a friend moving into town in June, and he was wondering if I wanted to move in with them. Minimum requirements being a 3 bedroom/3 bath about midway between our job and his friend's job.
    I haven't lived with any roommates since 2013, nevermind a coworker and a person I never met before. I enjoy living by myself and I am able to do that without any financial worry.
    I think living with people and becoming more social would be a good thing. But I also don't want the hassle of it. It would be cheaper and I would be living in a nicer place.
    My coworker has a long distance relationship with his girlfriend, so he's not around the majority of the weekends, which would leave me and Jordan hanging out most of the time.
    It would be slightly farther away from work that I am now, but my coworker and I would carpool some days.

Is this worth it? Are there any downsides to this? Anyone have some cool positive stories? :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    FrankieG said:

My coworker has a friend moving into town in June, and he was wondering if I wanted to move in with them. Minimum requirements being a 3 bedroom/3 bath about midway between our job and his friend's job.
    I haven't lived with any roommates since 2013, nevermind a coworker and a person I never met before. I enjoy living by myself and I am able to do that without any financial worry.
    I think living with people and becoming more social would be a good thing. But I also don't want the hassle of it. It would be cheaper and I would be living in a nicer place.
    My coworker has a long distance relationship with his girlfriend, so he's not around the majority of the weekends, which would leave me and Jordan hanging out most of the time.
    It would be slightly farther away from work that I am now, but my coworker and I would carpool some days.

Is this worth it? Are there any downsides to this? Anyone have some cool positive stories? :lol:

While saving money is a good thing, as well as the potential social aspect, living with a co-worker might be tricky. You don't necessarily want to bring work issues home with you.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    This morning...I ended an 18 year friendship...I'm hurt and I'm angry, but I'm tired of taking her crap...for 18 years it's been all about her...and when I finally stood up for myself...she's pissed...2.5 months later and she's still pissed at me....and she's lying to me saying she hasn't "replaced" me as her best friend which I know she has because she's talking to Rachel and telling her all her problems but when I try to talk to her and ask her about everything and how things are going etc...I get 1-2 word answers....so that's been going on for months...and I've had it I'm done, I can't do it anymore, I can't be the only one trying...I ended it today...it's not worth the added stress in my life on top of everything else going on...which by the way she never asks me about....I'm just so done!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    One child, one teacher, one book and a pen... They can change the world... ~ Malala
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

This morning...I ended an 18 year friendship...I'm hurt and I'm angry, but I'm tired of taking her crap...for 18 years it's been all about her...and when I finally stood up for myself...she's pissed...2.5 months later and she's still pissed at me....and she's lying to me saying she hasn't "replaced" me as her best friend which I know she has because she's talking to Rachel and telling her all her problems but when I try to talk to her and ask her about everything and how things are going etc...I get 1-2 word answers....so that's been going on for months...and I've had it I'm done, I can't do it anymore, I can't be the only one trying...I ended it today...it's not worth the added stress in my life on top of everything else going on...which by the way she never asks me about....I'm just so done!

I'm sorry that it had come to this, but it sounds as if it is for the better. Being hurt and angry is completely reasonable, but you are at a point in your life where you need to establish and maintain healthy boundaries. Since she seems unwilling to recognize that, it's time to wish her well and say goodbye. Hopefully the stress you have been under starts to lessen soon.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    PJSiren said:

I agree...sometimes you have to let go. It will take a long time to get over so be prepared. I went through a tough time with my longest best friend. We are still friends but our dynamic has shifted dramatically. I KNOW for a fact I can go to her with anything and she will be there for me (and I her) but we are not the same as before our disagreement. I never wanted to end our friendship and neither did she but we found a common ground. We have been friends for 25 years...and almost have nothing in common. It's a crazy relationship!

It's hard to find close friends so I am super protective of those people. Sorry for your loss, and I hope you get over the hurt soon :heartbreak:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited March 2016
    PJSiren said:

I know a little of what you're going through--have a friend who has been all about her for 12 yrs now--very similar situation. Just look at it as being free now to reach out to others in all aspects of your life. :)
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    edited March 2016
    A fellow Australian Jammer (Zenith/Lynette/Lindy) passed away suddenly in her sleep yesterday. Only aged 40 and has left behind two sons. In My Tree was her favourite PJ song. I hope she is up there somewhere in her own beautiful tree. RIP Lindy. xxx
    Post edited by E.K on
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Thank you guys...it is hard...it's been a constant in my life for 18 years....she's been my best friend, someone I've talked to daily up until the last couple of months....but over the last few weeks, I've come to realize that it is all about her...it always has been...I never stood up to her growing up...I always just let her have her way....and in December I stood up for my family, and she didn't like it and that's what she is still mad about, and today I stood up for me, and she doesn't believe me when I say I'm done she thinks I'm being a drama queen....but I have erased her from my life she's out of my phone off my IG off my FB...gone, I'm done taking her crap...I'm standing up for myself. I have another best friend, who I've been best friends with for 28 years...and she has never been that way...it's always been equal with her and when we fight we talk it out like adults...I think that's the way it should be...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    E.K said:

A fellow Australian Jammer (Zenith/Lynette/Lindy) passed away suddenly in her sleep yesterday. Only aged in her 30s and has left behind two teenage sons. In My Tree was her favourite PJ song. I hope she is up there somewhere in her own beautiful tree. RIP Lindy. xxx

Oh, so sorry. Thats awful.....
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    SD48277 said:

FrankieG said:

While saving money is a good thing, as well as the potential social aspect, living with a co-worker might be tricky. You don't necessarily want to bring work issues home with you.
    I agree with SD...if I were friends with someone beforehand, and we happened to get a job at the same place and wanted to room together, fine. Co-workers that you just know from work, I'd be leery.
    Personally I also really really really love and need solitude. I think it's great that you can afford to live on your own. Most people don't have that luxury.
    Good luck in your decision!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,779
    E.K said:

A fellow Australian Jammer (Zenith/Lynette/Lindy) passed away suddenly in her sleep yesterday. Only aged in her 30s and has left behind two teenage sons. In My Tree was her favourite PJ song. I hope she is up there somewhere in her own beautiful tree. RIP Lindy. xxx

Thats sad..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

23scidoo said:

Tonight's shift..its gonna be hell..

what do you do scidoo??
    I'm working in a restaurant..yesterday from 13.00 till 24.00 we served about 420 people..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

FrankieG said:

I agree with SD...if I were friends with someone beforehand, and we happened to get a job at the same place and wanted to room together, fine. Co-workers that you just know from work, I'd be leery.
    Personally I also really really really love and need solitude. I think it's great that you can afford to live on your own. Most people don't have that luxury.
    I'm on board with this as well. Also I'm weary of moving in with someone you don't know. That can backfire.
    I hated living with other people so I'm a little biased :-)
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
  • Options
    Holy crap! Is that for real? Barbaric.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    SD48277 said:

Holy crap! Is that for real? Barbaric.
    It's satire, so not exactly real but making a very real point. Abortion is still illegal in Ireland, unless you can prove the woman will die otherwise.
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    Sprunkn7 said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

FrankieG said:

I'm on board with this as well. Also I'm weary of moving in with someone you don't know. That can backfire.
    Thanks for the thoughts guys!

While we work in the same office, we don't work together. He is on different projects than I am, but we usually take breaks and eat lunch together. I am actually changing buildings, so I will be seeing him alot less starting next week, which I think would be a good thing if we do live together.

The solitude thing is great and shitty at the same time. I don't really know what I truely prefer. I loved my roommates in college, and coming home to people/living with them. But I also like being able to not have to care about anyone else's opinion while I'm home whether it's what I am doing or whatever. Will I care that I could be judged for watching netflix all day on a saturday when I'm sick? Will i care when I get home from work and just want to sleep but they have people over? idk

The living with someone I don't know is the major sticking point...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

Sprunkn7 said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

FrankieG said:

While we work in the same office, we don't work together. He is on different projects than I am, but we usually take breaks and eat lunch together. I am actually changing buildings, so I will be seeing him alot less starting next week, which I think would be a good thing if we do live together.

The solitude thing is great and shitty at the same time. I don't really know what I truely prefer. I loved my roommates in college, and coming home to people/living with them. But I also like being able to not have to care about anyone else's opinion while I'm home whether it's what I am doing or whatever. Will I care that I could be judged for watching netflix all day on a saturday when I'm sick? Will i care when I get home from work and just want to sleep but they have people over? idk

I understand where you're coming from completely. I don't think I could do it to be honest. I value my personal space to much and the freedom to do as I like. I think there are easier ways to socialise and meet people! I am an antisocial hermit though, so perhaps best not listen to me :tongue:
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549

FrankieG said:

Sprunkn7 said:

RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

FrankieG said:

I understand where you're coming from completely. I don't think I could do it to be honest. I value my personal space to much and the freedom to do as I like. I think there are easier ways to socialise and meet people! I am an antisocial hermit though, so perhaps best not listen to me :tongue:
    This is a tough one. I really don't think living with someone from work is a great idea at all. I have a good friend I used to spend a few days here and there with sometimes and basically the work conversation drove me nuts in the end.

As you say it's lovely to do what you want without anyone to worry about but I am a person who's always lived alone except with with my parents years ago. I'm lucky because I have family about 15 mins away now but I do like having nobody to answer to. It is a very solitary life and kinda weird in a way though.
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    slept really good last night and am at daughters listening to soft music in bed till they wake up
    but going to make a cuppa and hop off the net
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 920
    When will it all end!? When will it stop? Will I ever get some relief!?...........I'm so lost......
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I'm worried about my daughter. She's not eating very much and exercises all the time. I know what's going on, I just don't know how to help. The fact that she's getting positive attention for how her body has changed due to the weight loss makes it almost impossible.
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 920
    wasa1971 said:

I'm worried about my daughter. She's not eating very much and exercises all the time. I know what's going on, I just don't know how to help. The fact that she's getting positive attention for how her body has changed due to the weight loss makes it almost impossible.

Just tell her that no matter what she weighs, no matter what she looks like, she is beautiful and that you love her...

all we need is love....<3

God bless you all.....
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    wasa1971 said:

Such a difficult situation, how old is she? It can be incredibly hard to get through to people with an eating disorder, their image of themselves is so distorted, it's hard to imagine it unless you've experienced it
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144

wasa1971 said:

Such a difficult situation, how old is she? It can be incredibly hard to get through to people with an eating disorder, their image of themselves is so distorted, it's hard to imagine it unless you've experienced it
    She's 14. We have always been very close. I know it's normal and healthy for her to make new connections and have new interests but I feel our relationship shifting. I just want her to see what we all do, she's so very kind, and has such a gentle soul. The message that you must be thin to be pretty is such a burden for not only young girls but woman as well.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    23scidoo said:

JWPearl said:

23scidoo said:

what do you do scidoo??
    I'm working in a restaurant..yesterday from 13.00 till 24.00 we served about 420 people..
    wow under pressure good fun..

tonight we go out for tea
    right now im really hot and bothered
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

23scidoo said:

JWPearl said:

23scidoo said:

what do you do scidoo??
    wow under pressure good fun..

tonight we go out for tea
    right now im really hot and bothered
    No fun at all..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

When will it all end!? When will it stop? Will I ever get some relief!?...........I'm so lost......

Soon..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.