what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Is Ani snorting meat through his nose?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100

FrankieG said:

The 'right' age to have kids...

haha Not really a true answer, but literally like 3 hours ago I figured out the dates when I will be the same age as my parents when they had me. Mom: July 4th and Dad: Oct 31, 2017. This is equivalent to when I will be half their age, kinda crazy.
    I'm now five years older than my parents when they had me and seven years older than them when they got married.... still not married or kids....
    The right way to do it! ;)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    3:30.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Still wondering about how Ani might snort meat
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    My best friend has been admitted to the hospital for mental evaluation....I'm very worried about her...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    RKCNDY said:

Is Ani snorting meat through his nose?

genesis 2;7 lol should be steak

Glad your having a good time with good friends its nice to see..
    at some point i need to buy plane tickets in my lifetime to where and when i dont know but i look forward to the freedom
  • PJSiren said:

My best friend has been admitted to the hospital for mental evaluation....I'm very worried about her...

Sorry to hear this, hope she's ok
  • JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Crazy family situations
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
    almost halfway mark with the big skarf..

oh sometimes theres nothing worse than losing your mind or mental torment and least when you suffer pain you know who you are, where you are and where you belong and that you experience the joy of love trust and security
    i hope its not too bad..
    PJSiren said:

• nuts
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I should have stayed one more night in London. Oh well, at least it's there to visit again.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Last night came home from work late and exhausted, was about to make my dinner, when something friggin flies over my head. Spent the next half-hour trying to get a god damn bird out of my house with a broomstick. Never a dull moment. Also, probably the most exciting day my 19 year old cat has experienced in years! He tried to help me catch the bird (and almost did, one time!) :lol: He just sat by the door the bird finally flew out of for about 30 minutes after, hoping the bird would come back.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,119
    Lot of things..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Just took a look at my direct deposit for work and ohhh boy, I sure as hell hope that number is only reflective of the first 4 days :grimacing: Taxes are a bitch! Didn't help the fact that I've been feeling discouraged in general. The excitement of a new job, especially after being jobless for a while, is wearing off, and being replaced with the realities of my responsibilities and the daily grind...as of this moment, I don't enjoy it at all. I never imagined I'd be doing what I'd be doing, but my circumstances played a huge role in me deciding to take the first job offer I got instead of looking around for a job in a field that I really want to be in. Starting to regret that decision.
    ~not a dude~
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    JWPearl said:

almost halfway mark with the big skarf..

oh sometimes theres nothing worse than losing your mind or mental torment and least when you suffer pain you know who you are, where you are and where you belong and that you experience the joy of love trust and security
    i hope its not too bad..

PJSiren said:

Thank you! I appreciate your thoughts!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • WHAT FUCKIN ELSE?

PEARL FUCKIN JAM AT FUCKIN SOUTH FUCKIN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    samjam said:

Just took a look at my direct deposit for work and ohhh boy, I sure as hell hope that number is only reflective of the first 4 days :grimacing: Taxes are a bitch! Didn't help the fact that I've been feeling discouraged in general. The excitement of a new job, especially after being jobless for a while, is wearing off, and being replaced with the realities of my responsibilities and the daily grind...as of this moment, I don't enjoy it at all. I never imagined I'd be doing what I'd be doing, but my circumstances played a huge role in me deciding to take the first job offer I got instead of looking around for a job in a field that I really want to be in. Starting to regret that decision.

Don't worry Sam, sometimes we have to take jobs that are not ideal just to get by. It doesn't mean you can't keep looking for the perfect job.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    edited October 2015
    I seem to have pissed off a Turk by suggesting that now mightn't be the best time for Pearl Jam to play in Turkey (she was hoping they might announce a date there, though I should perhaps point out she lives in California). Is it that offensive for me to point out that over 100 people were killed in a bombing in the capital city last week, at a peace march?!

It's in my nature to keep the peace and I hate anyone being annoyed at me but I had to defend my stance on this one as she was accusing me of simple foreign ignorance and I don't think that's fair.
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,149
    Just got the new Macbook Pro 512GB and I have every PJ bootleg ever released on it. Today is a good day!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    samjam said:

It's a truism that it's easier to find work when you're already employed. Those who are unemployed automatically seem less desirable to potential employers. Probably best to keep this job for long enough to get a good reference, then look for other opportunities; that is, unless something wonderful falls in your lap soon as a result of the applications you had been putting in. Either way, at least it's money coming in.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited October 2015
    samjam said:

You need a job Samjam; you've been looking for a LONG time, sondon't look a gift horse in the mouth. It is never best to be unemployed no matter how shitty your job is. The reality for pretty much everybody in the whole world is that sometimes you need to do shit you don't like, especially when it comes to a job, double especially when you're young and just starting out. The other reality is that even those who love their jobs sometimes hate their jobs, and many aren't so hot on any job they ever had, lol. Just keep looking for other jobs while you are working hard at this one and building your resume. What is NEVER a bad thing is having work experience, which is exactly what you need to eventually hopefully find that job/career that you are at least somewhat content with (and if you ever find that count yourself lucky. Many, many people never do). And if you're not happy with this or any other job, fake it 'til you make it. Seriously. It usually takes years to finally find that job that you really like. The time before that is all leg work, and if you want good references and good connections you need to put in all of your efforts whether you like it or not. No one gives good references for employees who appear to dislike their job.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818

samjam said:

It's a truism that it's easier to find work when you're already employed. Those who are unemployed automatically seem less desirable to potential employers. Probably best to keep this job for long enough to get a good reference, then look for other opportunities; that is, unless something wonderful falls in your lap soon as a result of the applications you had been putting in. Either way, at least it's money coming in.
    excellent post! my thoughts exactly! my best friend's husband was out of work for 2 YEARS. he has a highly specialized field and couldn't find anything in his field and was over qualified for everything else. the longer it took to find work the less desirable he seemed. finally he took a position in a completely unrelated field and just kept sending resumes and interviewing and networking in his desired field. within 6 months he had the job he wanted. how their family (3 kids) survived is a testament to the powerhouse of strength and positivity that is my friend. she's an inspiration. point... hang in there Sam and keep looking. it's there for you to take. you'll find it.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    Thanks for the words, everyone. It's hard to transition from college, to unemployed for a long time in a different state, to moving home, and then to a full time job (extra long day for me as a commuter, too). And it's easy to feel overwhelmed by life's circumstances. It may not be ideal, but it's what I have right now, and I plan on making the best of the situation. Present tense, right? Nothing is permanent. I just hope I can learn to enjoy this job more for the time I'm in it!
    ~not a dude~
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    and.... you are going to have a blast at the Cornell show tomorrow night!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2

and.... you are going to have a blast at the Cornell show tomorrow night!

Hell yes!!! I am so stoked, we're gonna have a blast! :rock_on:
    ~not a dude~
  • JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    How hard it is for some people to find jobs. I have never been out of work, have worked for the same govt employer for 27 years, and still love what I do for a living. I am very lucky with my work, but like most people am not lucky in other areas of life.As they say......you can't have everything!!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
    oh well that was so so sweet i love stuff like that
    thanks im smiling you've made my day xx oo
  • Time for some steak!
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    no problem theres no access to mine at all anyway and can block whatever and was told can block yours both ways as well..!!!!! :smiley:
    stress less.....