Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Inlaws
    Travelled to the inlaws today for a 2yr old bday tomorrow so they could see their grandson. Tonight he (grandpa) divulges that he possibly has a cancerous tumor in his chest and wanted to let it out tonight so we can enjoy the bday tomorrow instead. Wife is in hysterics and nothing at all is in my bones to celebrate my sons bday with all the kids tomorrow now. Wtf? He seems non-chalant by saying "enjoy life, things happen". Am I a dick to be thinking this is a dick move? He couldn't wait until the day after the party? Complete mindfuck to my wife (his daughter). 1hr ago was all smiles and happy times with them and the grandkids now it feels like I am in a morgue decorating it with balloons and streamers. Rant over.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    your so spoilt you have no idea what love is bc you get everything on a silver platter so you appreciate stuffole and you think you can get a doll just to play with too to put on your strike list
    and play your stupid egotistical games all you do is think with your dick and your heart is with people who dont live your life well the poorer are more humble and love better and harder than you do
    and you have only proven me right so far and you lie to win what you want when your heart is not in it and you expect your commradaries to follow your ways and they do bc thats what stupid friends do but secretly in their own life they would not have a bar of it
    i used to care very deeply for you thought i could never let you go and love is not blindness it makes you see truth and what is in common
    and what feelings are shared and honesty and it also makes you see what is not and you my friend fall very very short and i dont care what your friends have to support you its only to make me a miserable person so they are not honest to themselves nor to me and i dont want to even be attached to your lot because i am a true person and anyone who supports you is just as foolish and if they pity you well too bad it taght you nothing
    you need a mother not a lover and you have the whole world to love you you get enough
    so you dont need me and i dont certainly need that
    im safe no matter how you want to deal with this.....
    because i doubt you have enough true love to realize or even change and i dont need your
    unconditional crap because its just an excuse to love poorly and to fall easily and waste someones time
    i on the other hand am strong and love hard true and deeply
    and i will have that in return and no less...
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Thanks again for the wishes, everyone! I am overjoyed! Is it awful that the first thing that comes to mind after excitement is PJ? I keep thinking 'now I'll have the money, but not the time' :lol: But save those thoughts for later. I can't wait to get started!
    FrankieG said:

samjam said:

Thank you everyone! I start on Tuesday and couldn't be more excited!

FrankieG said:

samjam said:

Guys....YA GIRL IS EMPLOYED!!!! :joy::joy::joy::triumph::triumph::triumph:

:clap::) Which place will I be jealous you have a job at this time? Haha
    I assure you it's nothing to be jealous of, it's not in the field I want to ultimately be in. But it seems like a great, unique place to work where I'll learn a ton, and I really liked everyone I talked to there. Plus, they gave me chocolate at the interview and quickly offered me the job after...how could I say no? Haha :)
    Well I'm glad that you found something relatively cool! Seems like a great place to work. You start Monday I'm guessing?
    I start on Tuesday! Will be sleeping a lot between now and then haha!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    samjam said:

Thanks again for the wishes, everyone! I am overjoyed! Is it awful that the first thing that comes to mind after excitement is PJ? I keep thinking 'now I'll have the money, but not the time' :lol: But save those thoughts for later. I can't wait to get started!

FrankieG said:

samjam said:

FrankieG said:

samjam said:

I assure you it's nothing to be jealous of, it's not in the field I want to ultimately be in. But it seems like a great, unique place to work where I'll learn a ton, and I really liked everyone I talked to there. Plus, they gave me chocolate at the interview and quickly offered me the job after...how could I say no? Haha :)
    Well I'm glad that you found something relatively cool! Seems like a great place to work. You start Monday I'm guessing?
    Absolutely wonderful news, Sam. Your persistence has paid off. We all knew it would - your character shines through! And a job with chocolate, too.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    samjam said:

FrankieG said:

samjam said:

FrankieG said:

samjam said:

Just give it a couple years... you will be up early on Saturday like the rest of us... haha
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Inlaws
    Travelled to the inlaws today for a 2yr old bday tomorrow so they could see their grandson. Tonight he (grandpa) divulges that he possibly has a cancerous tumor in his chest and wanted to let it out tonight so we can enjoy the bday tomorrow instead. Wife is in hysterics and nothing at all is in my bones to celebrate my sons bday with all the kids tomorrow now. Wtf? He seems non-chalant by saying "enjoy life, things happen". Am I a dick to be thinking this is a dick move? He couldn't wait until the day after the party? Complete mindfuck to my wife (his daughter). 1hr ago was all smiles and happy times with them and the grandkids now it feels like I am in a morgue decorating it with balloons and streamers. Rant over.

Sounds like a punch in the gut; sorry to hear it. You would know better than us whether it's characteristic of him to make it all about him or not. I'm guessing this is just so all-consuming for him he didn't really think it through; maybe also felt badly about "lying" to his daughter about how things really were.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    and tell him the butter on his thingy made me laugh and i did think it was cute..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,824
    One more month left...
    and this..LOL..

https://youtu.be/nU5cMZymSr0
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    boy will you please respond to my fb messages..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,572
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Live your life. Take chances. Be crazy. Don't wait because right now is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll be ever again.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,767
    edited October 2015

Inlaws

Since you asked, yes, you're being a dick. There is never a good time to tell a family about a tumor, and I'm sure he's dealing with it the best way he can. You should not be angry at someone who is waiting to hear if he has cancer because the news is upsetting to you and might ruin your good time.

I am very sorry to hear about your father-in-law.... though it doesn't sound like he is really diagnosed yet. That wait is really excruciating though, and he probably told you all because he needs the support NOW. Hopefully you can find it in yourself to give it to him, and to support whatever way he can find to deal with the fear he is undoubtedly feeling. I doubt you being annoyed is the best thing for your wife either. I have been through a scare like this with my dad more than once, and it is awful. But it is also an inevitable part of life, and yes, it does tend to get in the way of birthdays and Christmas and thanksgiving dinners, etc. Accept it and drop the attitude.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    nice to see things are well..im going out today spend day with kids..:)
    so am hopping off the net now
    hopefully we all stay safe..
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    thinking about the families and victims in yesterday's mass shooting at Umpqua Community College here in Oregon....it's so devestating...I was watching the news at lunch time in our lunchroom and 6 of the 9 victims who died were ages 18-20, and 3 were older, 33, 57 and 64...and it just breaks my heart!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,824
    Pesos..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,522
    BUENOS AIRES
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    slept like a log last night dont even remember dreaming lol
    i wonder if tonight will be the same i hope not..
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    too many indepth dreams lol
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Looking forward to catching up with a friend I haven't seen in a while tomorrow.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    I believe Estée Lauder is the skin care your kind of looking for too
    Good luck trying to purchase any of it...
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I need to make some lemon tea for my throat but I just wanna go to bed.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    what..i said to my dad when i was a child
    we were at a horse and bull ranch call alco balla blanco
    the bull tamer had a red cloth and was fooling the bull with it
    it was amazing how he made the cloth disappear as the bull charged
    it without harming the man and the bull would turn around and be puzzled
    as to where the rag went
    and i said to my dad 3 years old '' i wish i could do that ''
    he exclaimed to me in shock ''what ?!?!''
    then i repeated myself
    things went on from there
    yes i was an innocent child not accountable for anything
    and was doing what normal children do...
    had my colored imaginary friends and a shadow
    and could speak in harmony and sequencely with everybody
    and knew exactly where everybody was at
    then family and friends got to work and things happened
    then off to the park we went...
    and the rest is history...
    yes im mommies girl...
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I have no desire whatsoever to go take air conditioners out of the windows at my mothers house today.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    these sick people who have babies and lock them up as sex slaves without getting caught for many years while we're sick in disbelief
  • Options
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I made a great dinner but my other half would rather have had McDonalds! Urrgggg. he is killing me!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    man read your fb messages..
  • Options
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/unexplained-phenomena/shc.htm

no time to make it to the bridge be long gone before that it only takes a few minutes way too hot
    it would be like lighting a match and putting your hand to the very top of the flame where invisible and scorching hot but all over your body not nice
    but do you know the causes why