Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    RKCNDY said:

I just rememberedI'm going to an ugly christmas sweater party...and I'm supposed to bring a bottle of my favorite wine, everything else will be provided.

I don't drink wine...do you think they would be mad if I showed up with a bottle of Boone's? (technically it's 'wine'... :neutral_face: )

Bring a bottle of whiskey instead. No one will mind. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

I just rememberedI'm going to an ugly christmas sweater party...and I'm supposed to bring a bottle of my favorite wine, everything else will be provided.
    I don't drink wine...do you think they would be mad if I showed up with a bottle of Boone's? (technically it's 'wine'... :neutral_face: )

Bring a bottle of whiskey instead. No one will mind. :)

it's a "stuffy" company party...I really want to bring jello shots, but it's 'family friendly'.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Kicking myself for not DLing another book before I left the house this morning....I have plenty of them on my cloud but damnit, I forgot, cuz the one I started last night is crap, it's a YA book, and doesn't tell you that....it's written from the point of view of teens, I'm like someone kill me now! lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    must keep busy.....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    i need a haicut
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    today at work is going to be batshit crazy
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited December 2014
    Shops are getting really busy.
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    The kindness and generosity within this community makes my heart swell.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I should still be sleeping...And I think I've been watching too much David Tennant TV...I dreamt he asked me to marry him...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Going to get back into volunteering. I miss it.. It just makes you feel better, and gets you out of the misery of one's own life.. At least it does that for me!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I find it very strange when people without kids send Christmas cards with a picture of themselves.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I find it very strange when people without kids send Christmas cards with a picture of themselves.

That's disturbing.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Christmas cards of themselves haha who does such a thing? : ) well maybe if it's really funny ones.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Free Shipping
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhIMV3lu6Qg
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    My dad called to arrange to meet up for his yearly Christmas visit to acknowledge my existence. So on Monday I'll go and meet with this man, who may as well be a rarely encountered uncle or family friend for all the connection I feel to him. I barely think of him from one end of the year to the other, and evidently the same is true for him. Yet when he is brought to mind, all sorts of questions arise, to which I have no answers. Not sure how I really feel about it, or how I should feel about it!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    I've got a Christmas party to attend - my second one in 2 weeks for my second job. My daughter was up a few times in the middle of the night and I'm pretty tired. Gonna need my second wind!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jennycoyle wrote: »
    My dad called to arrange to meet up for his yearly Christmas visit to acknowledge my existence. So on Monday I'll go and meet with this man, who may as well be a rarely encountered uncle or family friend for all the connection I feel to him. I barely think of him from one end of the year to the other, and evidently the same is true for him. Yet when he is brought to mind, all sorts of questions arise, to which I have no answers. Not sure how I really feel about it, or how I should feel about it!

I know how you feel I used to feel that way about my dad, but we have a better relationship now. I hope you and yours work it out eventually.... *hugs*
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren wrote: »

I know how you feel I used to feel that way about my dad, but we have a better relationship now. I hope you and yours work it out eventually.... *hugs*

Well I've only ever seen him once a year, he never lived with us, so we really don't have any kind of relationship. That's unlikely to change, he has a wife and 4 other kids. I've never met any other member of his family beyond them and don't even know if he told his family about me (his eldest child)
  • Options

Well I've only ever seen him once a year, he never lived with us, so we really don't have any kind of relationship. That's unlikely to change, he has a wife and 4 other kids. I've never met any other member of his family beyond them and don't even know if he told his family about me (his eldest child)

Sounds very familiar, but now everyone knows about me and I've met more of the family so it's better...maybe you should ask him...?
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Annafalk wrote: »
    Christmas cards of themselves haha who does such a thing? : ) well maybe if it's really funny ones.

Even that is a stretch. Unfortunately, the 2 cards like this we got are just a normal picture of each couple. Very strange.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I can't feel my toes.
    And I'm wearing socks.
    IN my apartment.

Seriously.

Who wears socks inside?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 wrote: »
    I can't feel my toes.
    And I'm wearing socks.
    IN my apartment.

Seriously.

Who wears socks inside?

Me when I'm cold! Lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    ldent42 wrote: »
    I can't feel my toes.
    And I'm wearing socks.
    IN my apartment.

Seriously.

Who wears socks inside?

Pretty much everyone I know.

Oh wait, you don't live in Canada.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Sounds very familiar, but now everyone knows about me and I've met more of the family so it's better...maybe you should ask him...?

I'm 28 now so I'm guessing if he wanted me to meet his family it would have happened by now. You see, having children out of wedlock was not the done thing in 1980's Ireland, so it would be something to be hushed up. He also worked and still works in politics, so again a secret child would not have helped his career in rural Ireland haha
  • Options

I'm 28 now so I'm guessing if he wanted me to meet his family it would have happened by now. You see, having children out of wedlock was not the done thing in 1980's Ireland, so it would be something to be hushed up. He also worked and still works in politics, so again a secret child would not have helped his career in rural Ireland haha

I'm 32 now and I didn't meet anyone til my late 20s either, but I do understand the cultural differences and that he works in politics, my dad is just a Joe shmoe...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I'm 32 now and I didn't meet anyone til my late 20s either, but I do understand the cultural differences and that he works in politics, my dad is just a Joe shmoe...

I do regret that I barely know my younger brothers and sister but I see them even less often, didn't even meet them til I was 16 (even though one of them is only 10 months younger than me!)

How did you find getting to know your dad's family?
  • Options
    Annafalk wrote: »

Someone here sends cards with a pic of their family...even if she didn't have kids, I would like getting one. She's so creative with her pictures.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    perhaps she should sell them if there any good :)
  • Options
    She really does go all out, if she sees this and feels so inclined...I'll let her post some examples.

- Christopher McCandless