Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I hate going food shopping
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    FrankieG said:

I'm sooooo done with dealing with my teeth and dentists....
    Freaking tooth broke yesterday... apointment on Monday....

Same story with me, im restricted too money wise, would love to get the root sorted but cant afford it unfortunately i dont make the financial rules and im feeling sick as well from time to time but i know how costly it is for me if i dont get the root sorted
    Post edited by JWPearl on
  • Options
    Distinctively remembering my dad telling me not to forget the head bolt, and he drew it on a piece of paper with pen and it looked like a sparkling diamond, why im relating this i dont know why..
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited September 2014
    JWPearl said:

FrankieG said:

I'm sooooo done with dealing with my teeth and dentists....
    Freaking tooth broke yesterday... apointment on Monday....

Same story with me, im restricted too money wise, would love to get the root sorted but cant afford it unfortunately i dont make the financial rules and im feeling sick as well from time to time but i know how costly it is for me if i dont get the root sorted
    It can be risky to walk around with infections especially in the teeth. Take care! :|
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    Yeah I dont know whether to get the tooth pulled out of fixed and a crown. Thank you :)
    Just thinking about my auntie and the gifts she sent me
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Perfect! The weather is fine and I have vacancy this week!
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    How can I work from home today.....
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just had a terrible experience at a doctors office. Ive never been so close to just walking out of a place like that. so unprofessional that I almost asked to see some licenses or something.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    There's no guarantee that rules should change...
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,323
    edited September 2014
    ...the only certain happiness in life is to live for others... I have lived through much and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour - such is my idea of happiness. And then, on top of all that, you for a mate and children, perhaps - what more can the heart of a man desire? - Leo Tolstoy (Family Hapiness)

It's Leo Tolstoy's 186th Birthday today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY_94CSMlyE
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Well the sun is rising that's 48 hours minus five hours lack of sleep I really need some cheering up I feel so low..
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628

I just had a terrible experience at a doctors office. Ive never been so close to just walking out of a place like that. so unprofessional that I almost asked to see some licenses or something.

I had a very bad experience with a doctor once - he was completely out of line. It was at a clinic, so I contacted the manager of the clinic and reported my experience (he left the clinic shortly after!). Usually when you have something like that happen it was far from the first time patients have had issues with that doctor (as was the case with my doc - they were basically building a case against him). They DO want to know these things. If it's the doctor's own office, then send an email to the College of Physicians and Surgeons (or whatever it is called your country/state) and ask them about how to file a complaint against a particular doctor. They do keep track of these things.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    The election in 4 days. May the right party win.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Hi everyone, haven't been here in a while. Moving, transitioning to post-college life, trying to find a job...it's been crazy by me.

Just wanted to pop in on here cause as some of you know tomorrow is a rough day for me, the 2 year anniversary of my dad's death. I'll never forget how reaching out to this community has been turned out to be such a strong source of strength to me. I still read messages I got from my Pearl Jam family when I need a pick-me-up.

Hope all has been well with everyone, can't wait til the Detroit show :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited September 2014
    I hope you will have a good day, remembering your dad, samjam. It is tough getting accustomed to a new place and city, but I am sure you will do great. Best of luck on the job search and hopefully we finally get to meet in Detroit!

On my mind is the new kitchen window that I saw today (it's so much bigger than the old one!), and my office coming into shape and a glimpse of the new bathroom! I cannot wait to move in already!
    Oh, and what made me incredibly happy today was seeing that my little baby elderberry tree seems to finally recover from an ant attack and the shock of being transplanted to a different spot. Yay!
  • Options
    I better get off the net now I'm supposed to be doing something else
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    samjam said:

Hi everyone, haven't been here in a while. Moving, transitioning to post-college life, trying to find a job...it's been crazy by me.

Just wanted to pop in on here cause as some of you know tomorrow is a rough day for me, the 2 year anniversary of my dad's death. I'll never forget how reaching out to this community has been turned out to be such a strong source of strength to me. I still read messages I got from my Pearl Jam family when I need a pick-me-up.

Hey Sam...thinking of you today, and hoping you are doing well.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    edited September 2014
    samjam said:

Nice to see you here again! :)
    So many changes for you, and the sad anniversary - has to be tough. But hope you're enjoying your new home! As for having just graduated and figuring out what to do next.... wow, I recall that as a tough time in my own life. Such a huge transition in so many ways, and i actually found it pretty scary in a way. But exciting too. So many options and unexpected things happen at that point in life. :) Might have helped if I'd given a second's worth of thought to what I was actually going to do after university, lol. But no.... i just winged it. :P Anyway, plans or no plans, you are a lucky woman to have it all ahead of you!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    samjam said:

Sorry about your loss I know reading things like this makes me treasure my parents company a great much more, and this community is not too bad at all.
    Im sure you'll have a blast at your show :)
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! Trying to still enjoy the excitement of being young, post-college, having the world ahead of me, getting excited to start my new life (moved 10 hours from home!)...but it's all pretty terrifying now. I know in time everything will work itself out, though. Happy I have a good support system where I moved to help me out. I am so grateful for them!

I had a decent day yesterday actually...sometimes the days leading up to a big day are actually more stressful and painful than the day itself. Anticipation and anxiety can do that! Just spent in reflecting and remembering my dad.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Just my daughter, she's just like me.... I always get dished crap....and so does she, and she handles it the same way I do, thank God...but I do feel sorry for her though while im see through to her, im still with her even when she is catching zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,off in a Kings palace...
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited September 2014
    My Pearl Jam funds are a bit low atm to be able to make it to a Pearl Jam show in October.

Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    The election today. According to the first poll today the right parties, for me, are in the lead. Yes!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    I'm starting to obsess about my upcoming 3 days away to see pj in Tulsa and Lincoln. I have to get everything planned before I go.....school drop off and pick ups, cook some meals ahead and freeze, get the kids ready to up their game in the morning so nobody is late for school. Convince hubby to take 1 day off at least do he doesn't lose his mind trying to do everything by himself. I visualized today that moment when my hubby drops me off at the airport, pre-dawn the day of the Tulsa show. I get through security and put my shoes and back pack on. Put on the headphones and crank up rearviewmirror as I walk down to my gate =)) it's a moment that rejuvenates me and actually even thinking about it now makes me step a little lighter. I am so lucky to have a husband who gets this about me and makes it possible for me to get away to do this. I am also so lucky to have 3 amazing kids who are now responsible and self sufficient enough to be fine with me taking off for a bit. They also really understand why I need to do this. They are amazing and I love them more than anything else.... But I can't wait to get away for a bit!!!! I finally have balance.

Blah blah blah....
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    The nice hug i recieved whilst trying to listen to sex pistols needless to say the old thing got chewed in the recorder
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    I don´t wanna go to work today. Weather is too good to work inside.
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,323
    The new academic year officially starts today! :)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Bridge School...Need tickets...Need to win lottery.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    no more hospitals
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    such a fun Buzzcocks show yesterday, and was great to get to work it. feels good to be back in my wheelhouse helping out in venues...now i just gotta find a way to get them to pay me :)
    ~not a dude~