Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    wasa1971 said:

lazloblue said:

Today I celebrate 1 year of freedom from tyranny, self righteousness, and general douche-baggary.
    Today I am Happier & Healthier than I could ever wish to be.
    Here’s to Freedom!!!

Good for you! Being able to recognize when your in a good place gives a feeling of accomplishment. Wishing you years of health and happiness!!
    Thanks Wasa! I wish happiness was contagious I'd like to spread it around.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    lazloblue said:

Today I celebrate 1 year of freedom from tyranny, self righteousness, and general douche-baggary.
    Here’s to Freedom!!!

Congrats and happy days ahead! :)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    My kittycat Werner who lived with my parents has gone to kitty heaven today :( He was old, but it felt like he would be with us forever. He was a gorgeous, very friendly and funny ginger tabby. When he was still young and we shared an apartment, he would go out with me and walk after me like a little dog. We had a very tight connection. RIP, sweets :(
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,268
    so sorry for your loss. :(

feels like losing a member of the family when they have to go :(
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    that's so sad. he sounded like an awesome kitty :(
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. He was really old and it seems he had a kidney problem the last couple of weeks. He used to love sleeping on people's backs, but my Mom said he didn't do that during the last couple of nights. He just stayed away in his basket. Stopped eating and drinking and then today just fell asleep. I'm glad he doesn't have to suffer any more, but it feels like an era has ended. Ah, the furry babies ...
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Sorry for the loss of your kitty it is so hard to loose our fur babies. I'm glad you have such great memories of him to remember.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Thanks, guys. He was really old and it seems he had a kidney problem the last couple of weeks. He used to love sleeping on people's backs, but my Mom said he didn't do that during the last couple of nights. He just stayed away in his basket. Stopped eating and drinking and then today just fell asleep. I'm glad he doesn't have to suffer any more, but it feels like an era has ended. Ah, the furry babies ...

how old was he?

i love the furry babies, but i am done with them. it's just too painful to lose them.
    ...and i have had many, you'd think it would get easier, but nope.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    He was around 17, a good age for a kitty. It is somehow much easier than with Mr. Pickles, who died aged 1,5 years just 2 months after we had rescued him from a shelter. Werni has been living with my parents for a while, they took him in when I went to study in Finland for a while. They adored him and he loved them to no end. My dad is not that much into cats, but I remember that he sent me powerpoint presentations with pics of Werni when I was in Finland, and I thought "match made in heaven" :D My parents think about getting another kitty, maybe in the summer time. I think it helps a lot with the sadness when you get another kitty soon after. Werner was special in every respect, a much loved cat, quirky, funny, playful and super snuggly. He had a wonderful life, and now he doesn't suffer any more and maybe another kitty will get a wonderful life with my parents. Life with cats is so awesome, I don't wanna be without one. I like the idea of Werner having fun with Mr. Pickles in kitty heaven right now :)
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Leeze, I am so sorry for your loss. :(
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    :( I'm so sorry Lisa. That hits close to home. My little man is 17 years old. He's doing well now, but we all know he's an old boy and we have to cherish every moment with him! I miss him so much when I'm at school!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    had a great date tonight.

i think i kinda like this one...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

had a great date tonight.

i think i kinda like this one...

Whats her name?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    julie.

• Options
    So where/how did ya meet Julie?
    Where did ya go on your date?
    Cmon, lets hear it.
  • Options
    met her through a mutual friend. we hit it off and have been talking for a couple of weeks. first real date was tonight.

we went to this classy place called billy gs. had wine and pizza.

she is a trauma nurse. she saves lives, which to me is the most noble thing anybody can do.

she is just an amazingly decent person.

i wonder why decency is the one thing that i am most attracted to anymore...

• Options
    Pizza and wine...
    Sounds like a good call for a 1st date.
    Ya gonna see her for Valentines?
  • Options
    I dunno yet. Seems like it would be cliche. She is pretty hot. Any guy would ask her out for valentines, so I need to distinguish myself by not doing that.

Just kidding.

It does seem cliche to me though. I am pretty spontaneous though so ya never know. She seems to be into me though so I am just gonna let it ride and see what happens.

• Options
    Cliché or not.
    Take her out this weekend.
    Buy her a rose.
    Have fun.

• Options
    She is working midnights in the ER the next 3 nights so I think saturday is the next chance we have to hang out. I might fake a traumatic injury and show up at the ER haha... Say it is something serious, like I have chest pain. Or a crack in my butt...

• Options
    we talked about road tripping it to Chicago in a couple of weeks. If we do I will make sure she meets the legendary speedy.

• Options
    a friend of mine lost her baby yesterday. she and her husband are on my mind right now.

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

I dunno yet. Seems like it would be cliche. She is pretty hot. Any guy would ask her out for valentines, so I need to distinguish myself by not doing that.

Just kidding.

It does seem cliche to me though. I am pretty spontaneous though so ya never know. She seems to be into me though so I am just gonna let it ride and see what happens.

Oh man Rod, I almost jumped out of my seat when I read the first part of your post. Thank god you said just kidding haha
    I agree, Vday is so cliche - I despise it - but if you like this girl it would be a huge mistake not to make an effort for vday.

good luck buddy!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    haha JP, the cynic in me actually would have employed that terrible strategy. i have gotten bad advice in the past lol... like costanza, i am doing the exact opposite of what my instincts tell me LOL>..

i will make an effort, but like i said, she works midnights tonight, tomorrow and thursday and friday she is planning on getting back on a normal schedule. it actually kinda works out better that way with me having band practice tomorrow and thursday.

thanks man! :)

• Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    If she's trying to go back on a normal schedule, why don't you surprise her with a breakfast. If you know where she lives, stop in a bakery and buy some croissants and coffee and go surprise her.

Or just suggest to go eat a breakfast in a restaurant. She might love it.
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Packing for Palm Springs, looking forward to some hot weather and quality time with loved ones
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    lazloblue said:

Here’s to Freedom!!!

HELL YEAH! Congrats my Sister! Not only are you happier, but you look AMAZING! Hello hottie!

2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    wasa1971 said:

Packing for Palm Springs, looking forward to some hot weather and quality time with loved ones

Lucky you! Enjoy!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Longueuil said:

If she's trying to go back on a normal schedule, why don't you surprise her with a breakfast. If you know where she lives, stop in a bakery and buy some croissants and coffee and go surprise her.

Or just suggest to go eat a breakfast in a restaurant. She might love it.

great idea! not sure where she lives yet... haven't gotten that far yet...

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Lucky. I am so lucky. He is so wonderful :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2