Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    just found out about a job opening for a trauma surgical device rep position....gotta update the old resume tonight...

soooo excited... :D
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    The main valve that controls the water entry from the street into our house sprung a leak last night and we couldn't turn it off. The water was spraying into our basement and getting progressively worse the entire 2 hours it took the water company to get here to shut off the valve in the street. So we have a flippin mess in the basement. Plus we haven't had water in the house all day which presents a challenge for such activities as brushing teeth, flushing and washing dishes. So I also have an impressive pile of dishes. I had work all day, 3 kids to chase after and feed on top of managing the plumber. Also, I had a 2 1/2 hour long welcome back meeting at one of the schools tonight. Holy crap it is days like this that I'm thankful I stopped drinking a long time ago. I think I will have to sit down with some ice cream later.... That's after the water company comes to turn the water back on and I determine that the repair was successful and then wash the mountain of dishes. Tomorrow it starts all over again. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Spin me round....roll me over
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    The main valve that controls the water entry from the street into our house sprung a leak last night and we couldn't turn it off. The water was spraying into our basement and getting progressively worse the entire 2 hours it took the water company to get here to shut off the valve in the street. So we have a flippin mess in the basement. Plus we haven't had water in the house all day which presents a challenge for such activities as brushing teeth, flushing and washing dishes. So I also have an impressive pile of dishes. I had work all day, 3 kids to chase after and feed on top of managing the plumber. Also, I had a 2 1/2 hour long welcome back meeting at one of the schools tonight. Holy crap it is days like this that I'm thankful I stopped drinking a long time ago. I think I will have to sit down with some ice cream later.... That's after the water company comes to turn the water back on and I determine that the repair was successful and then wash the mountain of dishes. Tomorrow it starts all over again. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Spin me round....roll me over
    Hugs Hun!! I am just now finishing up getting my flood mess cleaned up.. I know how frustrating that can be!! I hope things get better soon.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Got a huge meeting tomorrow with a potential new customer. I'm gonna rock this shit :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Got a huge meeting tomorrow with a potential new customer. I'm gonna rock this shit :mrgreen:
    go get it!!

:D
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    that Stone needs to take back creative control of this band.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Some embarrassing personal issues that WON'T GODDAMN GO AWAY. I've had enough of crying about it!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    samjam wrote:
    Some embarrassing personal issues that WON'T GODDAMN GO AWAY. I've had enough of crying about it!
    Did you try the 'one year ago' test? Dive deep into the recesses of your memory and see if you can't remember crying over something a year (or two) ago. Since you described the issues as 'embarrassing' I'm assuming it's not a life/death related issue. That thing you were crying over last year doesn't seem particularly important anymore does it? Well, the thing you're crying over now is gonna be in the same position next year, so try not to sweat it. I do this every time I find myself angry or upset over something, and usually it's just a matter of regaining the perspective lost in the moment. Big picture, very important.

I'm wondering how it is legal (and by legal I mean ethical, and by ethical I mean allowed) for professors to list books they have authored as required course material? And no offer of selling copies for 'author price' or anything, just a flat out 'well here's a few dozen sales for the year' type thing. :fp:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Start it off with "we're here to fuck shit UP!" Just kidding good luck!
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    just had to contend with a call from a toxic narcissist again. asshat must have a new # or phone to have gotten thru :twisted:

altho he's occasionally pulled this fucking bs for yrs...it is the last thing I ever need...

...especially right now.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Closing on my new house today!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    lazloblue wrote:
    Closing on my new house today!!
    :clap::clap:

• Options
    so i just read this little news snippett...

No ‘Take It Easy’ time for man allegedly knifed over nonstop Eagles music

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/17/no-take-i ... les-music/

So much for “Peaceful Easy Feeling.”

North Charleston, South Carolina, police say a woman is charged with cutting her housemate with kitchen knives because he wouldn’t stop playing music by the classic rock band The Eagles.

The 54-year-old woman was arrested early Tuesday and booked on “criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature.” In plain language, cops say she knifed the victim — her former boyfriend — because he wouldn’t stop playing the band known for hits including “Hotel California,” “Heartache Tonight” and “Desperado.”

The 64-year-old victim suffered lacerations on an arm, elbow and hand, police said in a report, but was not seriously injured.

The man was listening to The Eagles when his housemate told him she didn’t want to hear the band anymore, according to police. Their disagreement quickly escalated when the victim told the woman to “shut up,” police said.

The woman then went to the kitchen, grabbed a 14-inch serrated bread knife and started to swing it at the man, police said. The man was cut several times before he and a friend restrained the woman.

The two men eventually let her go, only to have the woman grab another knife and cut the victim several more times, police said.

Police added that “all parties involved were intoxicated.”

As to whether a particular Eagles song took the argument to the limit, a police spokesman said he didn’t know.

and no kidding... 2 songs later on our muzak, Hotel California came on...thought i was gonna have to stab someone with a scalpel....

:lol::lol:

• Options
    Tomorrow's hearing.........haven't felt well in over a month :sick:

It will soooooooooon be over.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Tomorrow's hearing.........haven't felt well in over a month :sick:

It will soooooooooon be over.
    best of luck tomorrow, Joe.

• Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738

Funny Story, I Loved this line ^^^^...no kidding, really?
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

North Charleston, South Carolina, police say a woman is charged with cutting her housemate with kitchen knives because he wouldn’t stop playing music by the classic rock band The Eagles.
    I would argue it was self-defense. :P
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:

I would argue it was self-defense. :P

i am sure i have an ex or two over the years who would have knifed me over nonstop pearl jam....

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

The 54-year-old woman was arrested early Tuesday and booked on “criminal domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature.” In plain language, cops say she knifed the victim — her former boyfriend — because he wouldn’t stop playing the band known for hits including “Hotel California,” “Heartache Tonight” and “Desperado.”

The 64-year-old victim suffered lacerations on an arm, elbow and hand, police said in a report, but was not seriously injured.

The man was listening to The Eagles when his housemate told him she didn’t want to hear the band anymore, according to police. Their disagreement quickly escalated when the victim told the woman to “shut up,” police said.

The woman then went to the kitchen, grabbed a 14-inch serrated bread knife and started to swing it at the man, police said. The man was cut several times before he and a friend restrained the woman.

The two men eventually let her go, only to have the woman grab another knife and cut the victim several more times, police said.

As to whether a particular Eagles song took the argument to the limit, a police spokesman said he didn’t know.

and no kidding... 2 songs later on our muzak, Hotel California came on...thought i was gonna have to stab someone with a scalpel....

Take it Easy just came on the radio before (and during) I logged on and read this....hiding!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:

Take it Easy just came on the radio before (and during) I logged on and read this....hiding!
    HIDE THE KITCHEN UTENSILS!!!!!!

:lol:

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Panties
  • Options
    Panties

denzel_intro.jpg
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Did you try the 'one year ago' test? Dive deep into the recesses of your memory and see if you can't remember crying over something a year (or two) ago. Since you described the issues as 'embarrassing' I'm assuming it's not a life/death related issue. That thing you were crying over last year doesn't seem particularly important anymore does it? Well, the thing you're crying over now is gonna be in the same position next year, so try not to sweat it. I do this every time I find myself angry or upset over something, and usually it's just a matter of regaining the perspective lost in the moment. Big picture, very important.

I'm wondering how it is legal (and by legal I mean ethical, and by ethical I mean allowed) for professors to list books they have authored as required course material? And no offer of selling copies for 'author price' or anything, just a flat out 'well here's a few dozen sales for the year' type thing. :fp:
    Thank you kindly for that advice :)

And as a college student, I wonder about the professors own textbook thing, too :lol:
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    I think my digestive tract is rotting. God AWFUL smells coming out of me today. If the truck ran on methane , I could have filled the fuel tanks a couple times!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I think my digestive tract is rotting. God AWFUL smells coming out of me today. If the truck ran on methane , I could have filled the fuel tanks a couple times!!!

:o:lol::lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    flatulence
  • Options
    my brain is mash potatos today, auto-pilot engaged
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632

Now I am hungry
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Now I am hungry

:lol: , mmm garlic mash potatoes
  • Options
    5 out of the next 6 weekends will be spent at concerts. :clap::clap::mrgreen: *does a happy dance*

Jukebox the Ghost tonight!
    ~not a dude~