Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    Very stressful week at work. Glad tomorrow is Friday but feeling apprehensive about what another day might bring given how each day has gone this week. :?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    thanks for the well wishes all! guess it all worked, seems i got the job! whew! i just got off the phone and i am asked for a 2nd interview next friday. i was a bit confused by this and then she clarified - basically, i have a position on the visual merchandising team, it's just a question of where i fit best. thus, another interview. if she and i gel, i'll be on her team, if not, i'll go elsewhere within the store.

bottomline ...
    I HAVE A JOB!!!

albeit only for four weeks, haha, but it's a first step. seems "stars" of the holiday program get asked back in january as freelance, then FT, and soon enough, management roles. given i've all about given up on teaching anymore - impossible! - this is an awesome first step in a new career direction, one that i LOVE! also works oh so WELL attending FIT, it's a great fit! love too it's a M-F gig, 8-4:30pm, overall - so yay, yay!

happiness!
    damn, who KNEW at 44 i'd be so THRILLED to get a 4 week temp job for so-so pay?! :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Congratulations! Yes, even something temporary is a good thing--it could lead to something long term or introduce you to people who could help you find something later.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    thanks for the well wishes all! guess it all worked, seems i got the job! whew! i just got off the phone and i am asked for a 2nd interview next friday. i was a bit confused by this and then she clarified - basically, i have a position on the visual merchandising team, it's just a question of where i fit best. thus, another interview. if she and i gel, i'll be on her team, if not, i'll go elsewhere within the store.

bottomline ...
    I HAVE A JOB!!!

albeit only for four weeks, haha, but it's a first step. seems "stars" of the holiday program get asked back in january as freelance, then FT, and soon enough, management roles. given i've all about given up on teaching anymore - impossible! - this is an awesome first step in a new career direction, one that i LOVE! also works oh so WELL attending FIT, it's a great fit! love too it's a M-F gig, 8-4:30pm, overall - so yay, yay!

happiness!
    damn, who KNEW at 44 i'd be so THRILLED to get a 4 week temp job for so-so pay?! :lol:

tumblr_mbhtz2G7ur1r4t7nto1_400.gif
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Congrats, d2d!!!

On my mind ... QOTSAAAAAAAAAAA! Nails are polished, the golden booties are waiting to be worn in, all I need is a shower and Cav to come home from work. I am so fucking stoked :D
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    9pm Sunday...'Barely Above Water'

:corn:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    cleaning, listening to vinyl and enjoying the buzz
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Yesterday, for a second, I could have sworn I smelled the cologne my dad would always wear :shock: was pretty freaky/amazing
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Yesterday, for a second, I could have sworn I smelled the cologne my dad would always wear :shock: was pretty freaky/amazing

This has happened to me too definitely freaky/amazing. I also heard someone laugh like my dad in the store one day a few months after he died. It was like music I'd been missing. It made me feel happy and safe. I immediately subconsciously thought, "oh i need to go over and talk to dad" and then remembered i couldn't. Those little sensory memories (a scent, sound, someone who looks like him etc) i think are like little gifts. Sorry for your loss. I miss mine too.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

This has happened to me too definitely freaky/amazing. I also heard someone laugh like my dad in the store one day a few months after he died. It was like music I'd been missing. It made me feel happy and safe. I immediately subconsciously thought, "oh i need to go over and talk to dad" and then remembered i couldn't. Those little sensory memories (a scent, sound, someone who looks like him etc) i think are like little gifts. Sorry for your loss. I miss mine too.
    Sorry for your loss as well. Those moments are definitely special! Normally, I don't really feel my dad around, but the past week or so, I've had a few little instances. I cherish all those little things as they don't happen very often for me!

Also: congrats, decides2dream!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Samjam, I know that feeling.. I used to hear my mither's voice late at night, or her laugh in the mornings..for years after she passed. It is a comforting and eerie feeling all at once. D2D yaya!!! So happy that you have an opportunity to go shine, and hopefully jump into full time!!

How am I feeling.. A little worried, it has rained here for forty-eight hours!!! And it's supposed to rain until Monday possibly!!! Good think there's six Kayaks at my house!! I may have to Kayak to work tomorrow!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    Wet cheerleaders.

It's pouring in New England, boring game....wet cheerleaders have been the best part of this game.

Wet cheerleaders. :thumbup: :lol:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Sometimes I feel like I live in a bubble and tonight I took a step away and dared to think what it is like for someone who is scared to live the life they knew they we meant too. Donna / Dave, hats off to you for living your dream on your terms. Strong will and power to you my friend!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    SO much change, for the first time in a very long time, i'm excited about the direction of my life. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Samjam, I know that feeling.. I used to hear my mither's voice late at night, or her laugh in the mornings..for years after she passed. It is a comforting and eerie feeling all at once. D2D yaya!!! So happy that you have an opportunity to go shine, and hopefully jump into full time!!

How am I feeling.. A little worried, it has rained here for forty-eight hours!!! And it's supposed to rain until Monday possibly!!! Good think there's six Kayaks at my house!! I may have to Kayak to work tomorrow!
    Good for you for having kayaks,whispering hands. I think we have a few life preservers. :roll: Be careful down there. The emergency alert system keeps going off and reporting how high the rivers are in the canyons and about how the rivers crested at about the same point in a record flood 1976 -- when hundreds of people died. Hopefully they have had enough warning to get to higher ground. But the cut off towns with no water really worry me. :shock:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Good for you for having kayaks,whispering hands. I think we have a few life preservers. :roll: Be careful down there. The emergency alert system keeps going off and reporting how high the rivers are in the canyons and about how the rivers crested at about the same point in a record flood 1976 -- when hundreds of people died. Hopefully they have had enough warning to get to higher ground. But the cut off towns with no water really worry me. :shock:
    Yeah it's getting bad out here, Boukder is getting the worst of the flooding.. We're getting the worst part of the Flash flooding because we're below you all!! And just like shit, water runs downhill!! President Obama just issued a release of natural disaster assistance funds for Boulder, El Paso ( where I'm at), and LarimerCounties! A giant chunk if HWY 24 up into the mountains washed away at 8:30 tonight.. There's people being evacuated all over the Springs! It's insane!! And still raining!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    birthday girl
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    i wonder if unlost will ever finish that donkey peyote story... :corn:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    GETAWAY............. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I have had the most AMAZING day so far. I had forgotten how being this happy feels like. I just want to share!

-I woke up to a super sweet text from a friend I hadn't heard from in a while.
    -My cousin had a little boy today!! He's the first out of all the cousins to have a baby. The whole family is overjoyed and the baby is absolutely beautiful!
    -I have an interview for a really awesome PAID internship!! It looks promising!
    -Backstory: Cooking is not one of my mom's fortes, but she makes a bangin' apple cake. I had asked her to make one for me before I left for school, so I could bring it. When she was making it, we ended up in a big fight, and on top of that, the next day, I completely forgot to bring it to school. So: this came up in conversation recently with my best friend. Today I received a package from her WITH AN APPLE CAKE INSIDE IT. She baked it for me and sent from upstate NY to Maryland. She also included the sweetest note saying how she knew it was a rough time for me and that she was thinking of me and is always there for me. I cried.
    -Just was on my way to get breakfast, when I ran into a good friend I hadn't spent time with in a while, and we ended up catching up for about an hour, which was fantastic!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

wtf??
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    afroannnie wrote:

wtf??
    Why does everyone seem to have a donkey story except for me? :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

wtf??

been to Mexico?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    PJ_Soul wrote:

wtf??

been to Mexico?
    No.

I was bitten by a camel though. And trampled by two cows.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    My parents! They are about to arrive! The kitty seems to sense that something's gonna happen :lol:
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    My parents! They are about to arrive! The kitty seems to sense that something's gonna happen :lol:

Good luck girl!! you guys have a blast. You will have fun showing them around and showing off Cav!!
    Parents are cool!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options

Yeah it's getting bad out here, Boukder is getting the worst of the flooding.. We're getting the worst part of the Flash flooding because we're below you all!! And just like shit, water runs downhill!! President Obama just issued a release of natural disaster assistance funds for Boulder, El Paso ( where I'm at), and LarimerCounties! A giant chunk if HWY 24 up into the mountains washed away at 8:30 tonight.. There's people being evacuated all over the Springs! It's insane!! And still raining!

Been thinking about you both. Stay safe and in high ground. Hope it clears up soon!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    the weight of everything
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    the weight of everything

Hope you have some help to carry it along or you could put it down for awhile and rest :D
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    the weight of everything

Hope you have some help to carry it along or you could put it down for awhile and rest :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"