Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    justam wrote:
    I went to a Hibachi restaurant with a friend tonight. Mid-way through the meal my friend asked the server if she could have another glass of water. I had only had a few sips of mine so it still looked full. The server reached across my friend, grabbed my glass and put it in front of my friend, but not before she spilled water onto my plate. I gave her a wtf? look and asked if I could please keep my water. The server put my glass back and then grabbed a seemingly full glass of water from one of our table mates (who wasn't with us, we were just seated at the same table) and gave that to my friend. It had lipstick marks on the rim so it had obviously been used :? I guess there is a shortage of water in NJ :? :problem: :fp:

Do you think it was some kind of weird language confusion? "May I have another glass of water?" (literally) rather than "May I have some more water in my glass?" (which is what people usually mean by the question).

Crazy, but, maybe the person didn't understand? :? :shock:

In any case, her people skills are not what they should be to be a waitress!! :lol:
    Maybe...but then grab a new glass of water and not one that someone already drank from. :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Struggling right now :?

Moved my baby girl into her first college apartment today. The house is eerily quiet.

The drive home, alone with my thoughts, was difficult. I spent the last 21 years being mom. Soccer mom, baseball, mom, football mom, dance mom, baton mom, cheer mom, even pageant mom. I loved every single minute of it! But now what????

I never planned on having children, but I didn't take the responsibility to prevent it. I was headed deep into drugs and the party lifestyle when things changed for me with the first "pee on the stick". And THANK GOD I changed. It gave me direction. When my daughter came along, I figured out that my then husband would not change. I left with a 2 year old and 4 month old. I had to be mom and dad. I went back to school, for myself, but also to provide a good life for them. While all of my peers were figuring out who they were, their likes and dislikes, developing hobbies, my hobbies were my kids. Don't get me wrong, it was way cool and I loved it. I guess I'm just feeling a little lost right now.

It is amazing to look at my two "adults" and think I did that. They are good looking, intelligent, driven, and responsible (MY GOD are they responsible!!!!) young people. The kind of people that others enjoy being around. How did this all happen?!

My daughter told me last year, when she went off to college, "mom, you need a hobby". I didn't listen to her then, I just wallowed in losing my old hobbies that involved them. This year I vow to make it the year of "me". Not sure how I begin this new chapter, I guess we'll see....
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Jonesing to play some drums
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Maybe...but then grab a new glass of water and not one that someone already drank from. :lol:

Yes, of course! :lol:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:

Moved my baby girl into her first college apartment today. The house is eerily quiet.

The drive home, alone with my thoughts, was difficult. I spent the last 21 years being mom. Soccer mom, baseball, mom, football mom, dance mom, baton mom, cheer mom, even pageant mom. I loved every single minute of it! But now what????

I never planned on having children, but I didn't take the responsibility to prevent it. I was headed deep into drugs and the party lifestyle when things changed for me with the first "pee on the stick". And THANK GOD I changed. It gave me direction. When my daughter came along, I figured out that my then husband would not change. I left with a 2 year old and 4 month old. I had to be mom and dad. I went back to school, for myself, but also to provide a good life for them. While all of my peers were figuring out who they were, their likes and dislikes, developing hobbies, my hobbies were my kids. Don't get me wrong, it was way cool and I loved it. I guess I'm just feeling a little lost right now.

It is amazing to look at my two "adults" and think I did that. They are good looking, intelligent, driven, and responsible (MY GOD are they responsible!!!!) young people. The kind of people that others enjoy being around. How did this all happen?!

My daughter told me last year, when she went off to college, "mom, you need a hobby". I didn't listen to her then, I just wallowed in losing my old hobbies that involved them. This year I vow to make it the year of "me". Not sure how I begin this new chapter, I guess we'll see....

Quite a story... you're a strong woman.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm not feeling very strong right now. Missing those two like crazy!!! AND the daughter brought home a puppy for the summer, so now I'm missing that cute little guy too!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    jbarbian wrote:
    Thanks, I'm not feeling very strong right now. Missing those two like crazy!!! AND the daughter brought home a puppy for the summer, so now I'm missing that cute little guy too!
    Maybe your own dog would be a good place to start! ;)

Your story impressed me as well. I know you must take pride in the people that your children have become. You will find a new phase for yourself. You have many options. :clap:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    jbarbian wrote:

You could always meet cool people at the Stick... ;)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    want some cheerios
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    jbarbian wrote:

Love your post! What a wonderful stage of life to be in. Give yourself a hug and a pat on the back. You deserve to make this year your own. :D
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Thank you all for your kind words!

No puppies (although I do love 'em), I have two cats and they had a really difficult time this summer with the daughter's dog. Cav- not going anywhere near the stick!

I was thinking of maybe starting a work out routine...
    Post edited by jbarbian on
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    jbarbian wrote:
    Thank you all for your kind words!

No puppies (although I do love 'em), hubby and I have two cats and they had a really difficult time this summer with the daughter's dog. Cav- not going anywhere near the stick!

I was thinking of maybe starting a work out routine...

One of the best phases of a woman's life is about to begin for you :D It is exciting! You got to explore it a bit and even be a little selfish! Go for a work-out routine, a garden, travel, make cooking experiments, make movies, paint, sleep in with your hubs 8-), sew, build stuff, or go into collecting vinyl or posters ... the possibilities are endless :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    back to school today
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Thursday is, will be reading my poetry to some peeps then
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    The tongue of twerror (sic) :lol::lol:
  • Options

:o

:think:

• Options

tumblr_monomg0vs61rbov4jo1_250.gif
    full_thumbnail_image.jpg?1371821406
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

miley-cyrus-borgore-video.jpg?w=420

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OMG is that last one real? :shock: :lol: :?

Maybe she has tongue tourette's :think:
  • Options

what's with her and the tongue? She looks like she has tardive dyskinesia :? :|

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Work tomorrow after a week off :( :(

and now...that tongue!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    It's too big for her mouth, she cannot keep it in there.

Sorry, Leanne :oops: :lol:
  • Options

I mean seriously...it looks just like her:

41AvHvMDaduQeRf06dG2No6W5dnQ3wVLSdMr6WGfpddGD6W5ndtu0c9BMrs.jpg

• Options
    wait...that actually explains the dancing too :fp: :lol:

well if that's the case, I feel bad for laughing now :oops:

• Options

I had to look up tardive dyskinesia, but yeah, that's what I meant with "tongue tourette's" :lol:
  • Options

I had to look up tardive dyskinesia, but yeah, that's what I meant with "tongue tourette's" :lol:
    clearly too many antipsychotics for Miley. Too bad they haven't helped :lol:

• Options

miley-cyrus-borgore-video.jpg?w=420