what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Georgia
    +1

I need a companion ASAP!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    in the middle..just for half a day..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    How is it only 9:30am??!?! I think it is going to be a long day! :|
    I lost a bet...
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Karma does exist!
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Im drawing a blank when I need to be drawing something good.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    How much info can strangers get about me from my licence plate if I post it on the internet :think: In Germany, people don't want to show their plates, cause they reveal for example the town you are living in. I don't know how much more info you can gather from German licence plates, but people seem to want to protect their info (whatever it is). But is that the same here? What about the clearly identifiable vanity plates?
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    How much info can strangers get about me from my licence plate if I post it on the internet :think: In Germany, people don't want to show their plates, cause they reveal for example the town you are living in. I don't know how much more info you can gather from German licence plates, but people seem to want to protect their info (whatever it is). But is that the same here? What about the clearly identifiable vanity plates?

Yes, people can look things up if they really want to. Hell I can often times take posted pictures and find out the location that the picture was uploaded from... and even the camera used to take it.... if I want to.

:leaving
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

depends on the state. I had someone put a good door ding in my car, and I confronted them, they pretended to not speak English and drove away. I got their plate number, called my insurance and explained what happened. My insurance company was more than willing to give me the registered owner's name and address to send them a 'demand to pay' notice.

So, it seems pretty easy to get a plate number and call up the DMV/DOL and get info.

Unless you have your registration sent to a PO box, I personally wouldn't be posting pics-I know you really want to though!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Yes, people can look things up if they really want to. Hell I can often times take posted pictures and find out the location that the picture was uploaded from... and even the camera used to take it.... if I want to.

even if GPS tagging is turned off?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

depends on the state. I had someone put a good door ding in my car, and I confronted them, they pretended to not speak English and drove away. I got their plate number, called my insurance and explained what happened. My insurance company was more than willing to give me the registered owner's name and address to send them a 'demand to pay' notice.

So, it seems pretty easy to get a plate number and call up the DMV/DOL and get info.

Unless you have your registration sent to a PO box, I personally wouldn't be posting pics-I know you really want to though!

I considered it, but then decided it's much cooler to have people see it by accident :) Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    RKCNDY wrote:

even if GPS tagging is turned off?

Not sure

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

Kind of creepy :lol:
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Was looking through my Dad's things recently. First time I took the time to really check out what we took. Found some pretty amazing things. He kept SO. MUCH. CRAP. Sad my mom and sister didn't take it all. Thankful for what we do have, though.

Top finds: His Woodstock tickets + poster he bought at Woodstock, polaroid picture he took of Paul McCartney on his TV when he watched The Beatles legendary Ed Sullivan appearance. He was the coolest.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    C H I C A G O
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Excited (and a bit nervous) to meet my new principal and team today :D
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    Going to surgeon today and hoping to get a more functional splint for my hand. I have things to do!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Going to surgeon today and hoping to get a more functional splint for my hand. I have things to do!
    Good luck!

Kids leaving for camp in 2 days.. we will have no one home for the first time in 13 years :wtf:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Kids leaving for camp in 2 days.. we will have no one home for the first time in 13 years :wtf:

WOOHOO!!!!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

WOOHOO!!!!!!

Indeed :thumbup: ENJOY! :wave:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I need new jokes
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I need new jokes
    i have something in mind to tell you
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I need new jokes

do tell
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I need new jokes

do tell
    Black Diamond
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

do tell
    Black Diamond

is he funny?
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Good luck!

Drink plenty of water. One must replenish. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I've missed you guys!!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    I've missed you guys!!!

missed you too
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    I've missed you guys!!!

missed you too

I blame work entirely for my MIA-ness.... Jerks! Making me do actual work, instead of productive Forum-ing!!

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    Pamela0222 wrote:

I blame work entirely for my MIA-ness.... Jerks! Making me do actual work, instead of productive Forum-ing!!

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was just checking out this thread for the first time in i dont know how many months...
    was going to say something along the same lines. Work cut me off from forum access for the longest time, and it started working again recently :D
    Summer tends to be a bit slower around the office, so I am able to make a little time for browsing again.

I've missed this place!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Outsourcing.... such BS
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    having trouble keeping straight what day of the week it is.