• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    The loss of one of my sons friends... :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm sorry :cry: Its a double hurt cause your boy is hurting too
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I'm happy another school wants to interview me. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206

I'm so sorry to hear - it's so difficult to lose a young life. :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    justam wrote:

Good luck to you !!!!!!
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Planning Sunday, Claytor Lake, family, friends, sun, water, food and jet skis!
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
    mikalina wrote:
    justam wrote:

Good luck to you !!!!!!

Thanks. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    I just wanna see a movie but I don't know which one.. :roll:
    I am mine!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    this will probably come off as sexist but what's on my mind right now is how this time of year I fn hate working with a bunch of women who have school-age children. it is ridiculous as they come and go as they please because johnny has a recital, or johny is getting an award, johnny has a freaking half-day, or no babysitter or after school care not to mention the endless phone calls when their kids are home. ugh it makes me want to scream or punch a wall. from june-september a 40 hour in office work week is as common as Haley's comet for some of them. and the biggest problem is no one can ever say anything about it because you end up looking like a jackass or sexist (probably like this post is making me look but i dont care). damn work sucks.

ahh yes that feels better to get off my chest. now i will get back to work since i still have to be here until 5:00 and probably past.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    pjhawks wrote:
    this will probably come off as sexist but what's on my mind right now is how this time of year I fn hate working with a bunch of women who have school-age children. it is ridiculous as they come and go as they please because johnny has a recital, or johny is getting an award, johnny has a freaking half-day, or no babysitter or after school care not to mention the endless phone calls when their kids are home. ugh it makes me want to scream or punch a wall. from june-september a 40 hour in office work week is as common as Haley's comet for some of them. and the biggest problem is no one can ever say anything about it because you end up looking like a jackass or sexist (probably like this post is making me look but i dont care). damn work sucks.

ahh yes that feels better to get off my chest. now i will get back to work since i still have to be here until 5:00 and probably past.

have your own kid and then you can leave

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    AELARA wrote:
    I just wanna see a movie but I don't know which one.. :roll:
    Unthinkable
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    The shitfest going on in the Gulf right now, and the fact that my wife hates her current job.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
    pjhawks wrote:

Think about it this way, it may help make you feel a little better...

People who ignore their children for their career are adding to Society's Problems by leaving damaged, unraised people in the adult community.

Who would you rather be around, someone who's mom paid attention to him even though she had to work, or some psycho that was ignored by a hard-working career woman?! ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I hope the weather is dry so that I can go dig my allotment tomorrow night. I think dividing it into sections might be a good idea in case I run out of time to dig it over, at least then I'll have at least one area to plant.
  • This weekend, my daughter asked me why I divorced her father 4 years ago. She wanted to know why I couldn't just smile and pretend to be happy instead of getting divorced... wow.. Underneath this smile lies everything...

And... If I only knew then what I know now, I probably could have found a way to be happy... damn
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    This time tomorrow my best friend will be holding her new baby in her arms...woohoo can't wait to meet you! :D
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I never remember to make ice....
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Hope my Dad's flight lands safely in Minnesota and he lives through the flight.
    If so, then I hope he enjoys his visit.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Better days :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    justam wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Think about it this way, it may help make you feel a little better...

People who ignore their children for their career are adding to Society's Problems by leaving damaged, unraised people in the adult community.

Who would you rather be around, someone who's mom paid attention to him even though she had to work, or some psycho that was ignored by a hard-working career woman?! ;)

think about it this way - maybe this is the reason women deserve less pay than men then? can't argue both ways. if you aren't as committed, regardless of reason, then how can you argue for equal pay?
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I wish my co-worker would stop leaving me little sticky notes on everything telling me what to do. If you had enough time to write orders for me then you had enough time to do it yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Parking violations
    Is anybody out there ..........?!?!

Just wondering...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I am greatly entertained by this morning's posts and wonder if I will get anything done today.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Wow go to the boss' office and get a bunch of work and put it on my desk?!?!?! Wow. Wish I wouldn't let people walk all over me....I'm having a bad day.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    Claireack wrote:
    Bloody rain!!

that's what i was thinking too! we were going to grill tonight, but i don't think it's gonna let up. damn. :twisted:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Bloody rain!!

that's what i was thinking too! we were going to grill tonight, but i don't think it's gonna let up. damn. :twisted:

No fair!!
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    I am really falling in love with the idea of the hubz and I buying a double wide rv OR large boat/yacht type boat to live in instead of a traditional house with land---when we finally do have a down payment saved---and good credit. The down payment and credit score ain't happening till a few years realistically, but I'm getting excited about the idea of not throwing money away on rent anymore!! Don't get me wrong. The trade-off has been nice...not having to pay for a water heater at the last apt., not mowing the lawn, not paying for small fix-it problems around the house, etc. But I think we're finally getting to the point where throwing our money away on rent is getting kinda old. Even though you still never get away from property taxes and all that, it would still be nice to have a mortgage-free light at the end of the tunnel.

And what would even be better is a light that offers transportation--like the large rv or boat--to live in. I'm really not trying to be difficult or unique--I really do just want something worthwhile. I think that travel bug of mine will always be there. I know my hubz fam. and mine won't go for it, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

and now I'm realizing that this really is just a pipe dream and not a good idea. :oops: maybe for a rich person.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    Trying to decide if I should scold my client for coming in drunk to my office for the second time this week, or do I join in his fabulous rendition of "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard". Paul Simon, kinda random.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10