Battlestar Galactica (2004-2008 series)

13»

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    intodeep wrote:
    Frak..that sucks that SyFy isn't picking up the series..
    I don't understand why they wouldn't! There are tons of BSG fans out there!
    Because they are syfy all they know how to do is cancel our favorite shows early and put wrestling on tv :D

:lol:

What a bumout!! I was in full geek-out mode!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Has anyone watched Caprica? Was it any good?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I'm still not done watching this series...honestly I'm having a hard time finishing off the last season. I just don't know what they plan on doing with the final 5 cylons...I feel like whatever happens is gonna be a let down. Hopefully I'm wrong!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'm still not done watching this series...honestly I'm having a hard time finishing off the last season. I just don't know what they plan on doing with the final 5 cylons...I feel like whatever happens is gonna be a let down. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Hang in there, the last episode and double episode ending are worth it.
    Okay I'm almost to the end - finished up through episode 71 I think yesterday. I really liked the whole part where Starbuck was playing piano with that guy in the bar...one of the few episodes where she hasn't irritated the shit out of me. And Boomer went off the deep end. I'm really intrigued to see how this is all gonna wrap up!
    I met the actors that play Gaius Baltar and Lee Adama over the weekend.

Really nice guys down to earth and totally everything you would want them to be.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

Really nice guys down to earth and totally everything you would want them to be.

That's Neat, i follow Star Buck on FB and her and 6 get together every so often and drink away the night and post pics. I miss this show.
    intodeep wrote:

That's Neat, i follow Star Buck on FB and her and 6 get together every so often and drink away the night and post pics. I miss this show.
    That is cool. I met them both on the floor at Dragon Con.
    I went to a panel with Starbuck..... she seems nice.... but not the sharpest blade in the shed :D

Aarong Douglas the guy who played Chief was there. He came across as someone that would be a blast to hang out with. Def a drinker

I miss the show too. I'm hoping maybe the new show Defiance that comes out next year will be gritty like battlestar but i'm not holding my breath.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I hadn't heard of Defiance, have to check it out.
    Okay...took me forever because I hardly ever watch TV...but I finally finished the series.

I was pretty underwhelmed with the ending, not gonna lie. What was the deal with Starbuck? She came back just to lead them there? I dunno, it seemed like they just wrote in a bunch of crap to finally get the humans a planet. Was hoping to see an interaction between them and the natives too, didn't happen.

Meh.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Okay...took me forever because I hardly ever watch TV...but I finally finished the series.

I was pretty underwhelmed with the ending, not gonna lie. What was the deal with Starbuck? She came back just to lead them there? I dunno, it seemed like they just wrote in a bunch of crap to finally get the humans a planet. Was hoping to see an interaction between them and the natives too, didn't happen.

Meh.

Starbuck was an Angel, and i am dissappointed in your dissappointment, it was awesome, hell of a lot better than the Lost ending :fp:

Starbuck was an Angel, and i am dissappointed in your dissappointment, it was awesome, hell of a lot better than the Lost ending :fp:

Yeah, I guess I got that, I dunno maybe I just never really liked Starbuck so it irritated me even more?

I really really wanted to love the ending, and you're right, it was definitely better than the Lost ending. I mean, I guess, where else could they have gone from there? You knew that eventually they were going to find a planet to live on, maybe it was just the predictability that made it meh for me? Either way it was a great series.

Next I'm onto Firefly 8-)
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yeah, I guess I got that, I dunno maybe I just never really liked Starbuck so it irritated me even more?

I really really wanted to love the ending, and you're right, it was definitely better than the Lost ending. I mean, I guess, where else could they have gone from there? You knew that eventually they were going to find a planet to live on, maybe it was just the predictability that made it meh for me? Either way it was a great series.

Next I'm onto Firefly 8-)

Firefly's is Fuck Awesome.

Fuck Awesome??!! Woooo!!! :D
  • Mamasan23 wrote:

Fuck Awesome??!! Woooo!!! :D
    It's more than awesome, and it ended far too soon.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I liked the ending of both Lost and Battlestar,
    :D

(I finished watching the Battlestar series a few months ago on blu ray)

I hear 'Firefly' is great too, one of these days I'll get around to checking it out.
  • Idris wrote:

I hear 'Firefly' is great too, one of these days I'll get around to checking it out.
    I finished Lost last month. I felt it went on two seasons too many, but the ending worked for what it was. Battlestar's finale was still much better though. As for Firefly, since there's only one season (14 episodes), one can pound through that show in no time. things were just starting to escalate when it got cancelled. Its follow-up film, Serenity, is good, but everything feels slightly different than the show.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Idris wrote:

I finished Lost last month. I felt it went on two seasons too many, but the ending worked for what it was. Battlestar's finale was still much better though. As for Firefly, since there's only one season (14 episodes), one can pound through that show in no time. things were just starting to escalate when it got cancelled. Its follow-up film, Serenity, is good, but everything feels slightly different than the show.

Yea 'Lost' maybe was a couple seasons too many, but I thought the last 2 seasons of 'Lost' were really strong, so for me maybe take away 1 or 2 seasons somewhere in the middle of the 'Lost' series, Which I personally found to be kinda boring.

K I'll check out 'Firefly', I think I saw it on Netflix.
    Firefly is only one season and one movie.
    Putting off watching it is like putting off sex till marriage. No reason to deny yourself

Take me out to the black
    Tell them I ain't comin' back
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me.

I actually enjoyed the ending of Battlestar. I liked how they were in our past. I see how some of it is a little far fetched, but i enjoyed the last two episodes the big battle and them finally hitting earth.

I did not like that Lee and his father did not stay together after it all went down.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I did not like that Lee and his father did not stay together after it all went down.

Yeah, maybe that's what really bothered me the most. I don't understand why his father would have left with Laura just to have her die and then what, he's all alone? Doesn't make sense!
  • anyone looking to buy the dvds??
    For all you BSG fans this is an awesome two minute clip from Youtube called "The Sound of Cylons"

quite funny
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUezhpu ... ure=colike
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    For all you BSG fans this is an awesome two minute clip from Youtube called "The Sound of Cylons"

quite funny

:clap::clap::clap: Frakkin Brilliant!
    intodeep wrote:

quite funny

:clap::clap::clap: Frakkin Brilliant!
    Your avatar is great :clap: I met him earlier this year. Cool dude
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

:clap::clap::clap: Frakkin Brilliant![/quote]
    Your avatar is great :clap: I met him earlier this year. Cool dude[/quote]

Are you still seeing Yannis from Foals? or did it change to Vork? i tried changing it today but i'm still seeing Yannis.
    Vork The Guild Leader! :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Vork The Guild Leader! :D

That's weird, i'm still seeing my old one. i'm glad though, i Love Vork!
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I finally decided that I need to own this series. Grabbed the Blu-Ray box set off amazon.co.uk (region-free), for £32.33 (roughly $52), including shipping. I can't wait to watch it again.