Battlestar Galactica (2004-2008 series)

Comments

• uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    intodeep wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Battlestar was awesome. Adama for President! Cause sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six!
    I'm sure at some point I'll get that reference.
    Oh I thought he had already used it, if he hasn't he will. It's not really spoilerish its just a phrase he uses a lot throughout the series.
    If you don't know where it comes from (cause i didn't till i looked it up) In craps rolling a 3 and a 3 only happens 3% of the time. High Risk High Reward

So in sticky situatiosn that look grim Adama will say sometimes we just gotta roll the hard six
    I haven't noticed it, but I can't say for certain he hasn't used it. I'm a craps player, so I get that much.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    What I don't understand is this. The humans created the cylons, right? So why did they make them look so damn scary and create their gun-arms?!

So addicting.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    What I don't understand is this. The humans created the cylons, right? So why did they make them look so damn scary and create their gun-arms?!

So addicting.

They didn't create them that way. In the opening credits, it says 'they rebelled; they evolved'. I have always assumed in that order. :lol:

I think if the Caprica series had continued, we would have learned more about the rebelling and the evolving part. But alas, it was cancelled.
    I'm currently on season 4.0, and the series is starting to drag. I'm told that it will pick up again, but I can't see it picking up back to the level of the first two seasons at this rate.
    I'm just about to finish season 3 and Starbuck is annoying the ever-loving crap out of me. I know she's a fan favorite but every time she gets that stupid smug grin I just want to slap it off her face!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Yeah i think i've said it befoe in this thread i thought seasons 3/4 were both a little inconsistant.

I seem to remember 3 starting and finishing strong but the middle bogged down for me.

Season 4 i don't recall the details but i actually liked the end (many do not share my opinion)

I would agree though that season's 1/2 were my favs. If you all have made it that far though i think it is worth finishing just to have the closure.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I've got five episodes left, and I gotta say I'm just not as into it as I once was. Maybe it's because of Roslin, she just irks me royally. Maybe it's the pacing, I don't know. I just don't feel it was much. You're spot on about season 3 though, it started and ended strong. The fourth just doesn't have the same feel as the other seasons, like there's no urgency anymore.
  • I'm a little behind on this, but by word of mouth I just starting watching this series two weeks ago and am HOOKED!

I just finished up season two tonight. This is GOOD stuff. I would rank it just about as good as Lost.

I am SO with you!! When I first started watching it a few months ago, I could not stop watching! I was instantly hooked. I had to take little break in Season three though, I think I overwhelmed myself..and then after about a month or so later, I started from the very beginning again and it was STILL amazing! :D
    I'm on Season four right now and I had to stop again..it started getting a little...I don't know.. repetitive?
    But I am excited to finish it. :D
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • I like BSG, but I would not rank it as good as LOST.

Or maybe I should say, LOST less the last 20 minutes of LOST - I loved LOST all the way up until the last 20 minutes of the show...and then they pissed me off with the ending. :lol:

I'm not crazy about the ending to BSG either...but I can live with that ending a lot more than the ending to LOST.

But ending aside, LOST is a fabulous show, and I rank it above BSG.

But Babylon 5 and Star Trek Deep Space Nine (where Ron Moore did is best work before BSG) are better than both LOST and BSG, IMO. :)
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    IBut Babylon 5 and Star Trek Deep Space Nine (where Ron Moore did is best work before BSG) are better than both LOST and BSG, IMO. :)
    I have all 5 seasons of Babylon on my shelf waiting for me some time this year :ugeek:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    One more disc left. Kind of bittersweet to finally see it all come to an end.
  • intodeep wrote:
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    IBut Babylon 5 and Star Trek Deep Space Nine (where Ron Moore did is best work before BSG) are better than both LOST and BSG, IMO. :)
    I have all 5 seasons of Babylon on my shelf waiting for me some time this year :ugeek:

Oh my....if you have never seen B5, you are in for a real treat! I'm almost jealous of you, getting to see it for the first time.

I will tell you this though - S1 might seem slow, but hang in there. The show gets much better (S2 is better, and S3 of B5 is, IMO, the finest season of any scifi show ever made) and S1 is actually a lot cooler on re-watch, because it contains a lot of foreshadowing that you don't see the first time through and really only fully appreciate when you re-watch the show after seeing the whole thing!

I really hope you like it! And the ending is a lot better than the ending of BSG.....and I say that as someone who can live better with the ending to BSG than a lot of people can!
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

I really hope you like it! And the ending is a lot better than the ending of BSG.....and I say that as someone who can live better with the ending to BSG than a lot of people can!

While I agree that the finale of B5, "Sleeping In Light", is one of the best of the series, I have to say that the season 4 finale, "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" is one of the best episodes I'm all of of sci-fi and could have worked well as a series finale as well.
    I finished the series last night, and quite frankly I cannot understand why people would have a problem with that ending. I thought it was a fitting finale and well executed. I'd go so far as to say that it was among the tops of the series.

On a whole, I'd rank the show an 8.5/10, just below B5 (9.5/10).
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

While I agree that the finale of B5, "Sleeping In Light", is one of the best of the series, I have to say that the season 4 finale, "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" is one of the best episodes I'm all of of sci-fi and could have worked well as a series finale as well.
    thanks for the warning about season one. I've seen that a lot and i've told myself i'll just power through it.

My understanding was the creator was worning under the impression he would have to closet he series out at the end of season 4 so he was putting an ending on it, but was surprised to find out they were actually goign to pick up season 5 so he was surprised by this and made for some akward pacing in season 5.

Glad to hear others like it i am looking forward to it. I'm finsihing breaking bad now and then i want to read a few books before i jump back into a TV show series on disc.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I finished the series last night, and quite frankly I cannot understand why people would have a problem with that ending. I thought it was a fitting finale and well executed. I'd go so far as to say that it was among the tops of the series.

glad you enjoyed it!
    Maybe it was for folks who watched it on a weekly basis when it came out that had such a difficult time with it. Wanting it to be soemthing more.

I found it was pretty cool.

After i watched it i went online to ituens and got Bear McCreary's version of All along the Watchtower for my ipod.

I hated when i finished it. It felt like when i finish a good book. I'm always chasing new things to emerse myself in to capture that fun feeling when you are first watching/ reading something good.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

glad you enjoyed it!
    Maybe it was for folks who watched it on a weekly basis when it came out that had such a difficult time with it. Wanting it to be soemthing more.

I found it was pretty cool.

After i watched it i went online to ituens and got Bear McCreary's version of All along the Watchtower for my ipod.

I hated when i finished it. It felt like when i finish a good book. I'm always chasing new things to emerse myself in to capture that fun feeling when you are first watching/ reading something good.

Good idea, I should definitely grab that version of Watchtower.
    I've still got the the two movies from the box set to watch (Razor & the Plan), which should help ease me back into normal life again.
    Oh Razor was included in one of my seasons so i watced that during season 3 i think.

I've been meaning to watch the plan but haven't yet. I heard that helps to explain things a little more
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Yeah, Razor is included at the end of the third season, but that night I didn't have the two hours needed to watch it so after checking online I decided to hold off on it and start season 4.
    http://youtu.be/mstppoWXPxE

SyFy Battlestar Galacttica Blood and Chrome Trailer
    YES YES YES!!!
    Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, the sentient robotic Cylons, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a young, talented fighter pilot, William Adama (Luke Pasqualino), finds himself assigned to one of the most powerful Battlestars in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and in pursuit of the intense action that the Cylon war promises, Adama quickly find himself at odds with Coker (Ben Cotton), the battle-weary officer to whom he reports. With 47 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle just as much as Adama craves the start of it. Though they clash at first, the two men forge an unlikely bond when a routine mission turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

YES YES YES!!!
    Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome takes place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and their creation, the sentient robotic Cylons, rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a young, talented fighter pilot, William Adama (Luke Pasqualino), finds himself assigned to one of the most powerful Battlestars in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and in pursuit of the intense action that the Cylon war promises, Adama quickly find himself at odds with Coker (Ben Cotton), the battle-weary officer to whom he reports. With 47 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle just as much as Adama craves the start of it. Though they clash at first, the two men forge an unlikely bond when a routine mission turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.

FRAK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    Frak, another show for me to become addicted to. Looks good. I hope that tentacled thing isn't some form of alien life though.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I'M HOOKED!! :lol:

Watched season 1 and most of season 2 this past week or so while resting from ivf! LOVE IT!! :clap::clap:

So so good. My bf owns them all and watched them in 2004-2008. I only saw a few eps and liked it but didn't continue watching. I always said I'd go back to it when I'm pregnant and have heaps of time spare (I don't normally watch tv at all).

Glad I went back!! Season 2 is awesome!! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    I was sad having to return my friends' DVD box of the series, so I decided to look up the Blu-Ray box set price. I'll wait for Cyber Monday, hopefully I can get a good deal.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

YES YES YES!!!

FRAK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    FRAK it was fake :( i guess they are thinking of doing one with this content and making it a digital web series :( sorry i did not know it was fake it looked real
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'M HOOKED!! :lol:

Watched season 1 and most of season 2 this past week or so while resting from ivf! LOVE IT!! :clap::clap:

So so good. My bf owns them all and watched them in 2004-2008. I only saw a few eps and liked it but didn't continue watching. I always said I'd go back to it when I'm pregnant and have heaps of time spare (I don't normally watch tv at all).

Glad I went back!! Season 2 is awesome!! :mrgreen:
    :D thats cool glad someone else is hooked on it. It was a great show
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    intodeep wrote:
    FRAK it was fake :( i guess they are thinking of doing one with this content and making it a digital web series :( sorry i did not know it was fake it looked real

It wasn't fake, but it was a demo reel that was leaked rather than an authorized trailer. It looks like the pilot didn't get up for a full series though :(

New article from today below:
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/battles ... lled-syfy/

It’s a case of bad news/good news for Battlestar Galactica fans who have been flocking to the Web to watch an unauthorized trailer for the long-in-the-works offshoot Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome over the past 36 hours. After lengthy deliberations, Syfy has decided not to go forward with the project, about the young years of William Adama, as a regular TV series. Blood & Chrome, initially envisioned as a Web series, was greenlighted as a two-hour TV pilot in October 2010. Because of intensive post-production, including special effects, the pilot was not delivered to Syfy until last November. As of January, Syfy president original programming Mark Stern was quoted as saying that he the network brass were “trying to figure out the economics right now” and that he hoped those would be figured out. Now, the network has passed on the project as a regular series but is looking to do it as a digital one, while airing the already produced pilot on the network as a movie. “Though the vision for “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome” has evolved over the course of the past year, our enthusiasm for this ambitious project has not waned,” Stern said in a statement today. “We are actively pursuing it as was originally intended: a groundbreaking digital series that will launch to audiences beyond the scope of a television screen. The 90-minute pilot movie will air on Syfy in its entirety at a future date.”

Despite the lengthy production and decision-making, the buzz about Blood & Chrome never died among Battlestar fans. It went into overdrive over the past couple of days following a WonderCom panel over the weekend with Kevin Grazier, the scientific adviser for Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica series, where he screened what was described as a trailer for Blood & Chrome. That trailer, to Trent Reznor and Karen O’s cover of “Immigrant Song” for The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, found its way to the Web on Monday night and has gone viral — garnering some 100,000 views in 24 hours. The problem was that this was not an official trailer but a demo reel not intended for public consumption and thus not put through the process of clearing music and other rights. It is still unclear how the video made its way to WonderCon, but NBCUniversal today moved swiftly to take down the multiple copies that had popped up on YouTube. Universal Cable Prods, which produces Blood & Chrome, may still shop the project to other networks. Michael Taylor wrote the teleplay from a story by Battlestar Galactica executive producer David Eick, Taylor and Bradley Thompson & David Weddle.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    well that's a little disappointing now.
  • Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 691
    Frak..that sucks that SyFy isn't picking up the series..
    I don't understand why they wouldn't! There are tons of BSG fans out there!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    Frak..that sucks that SyFy isn't picking up the series..
    I don't understand why they wouldn't! There are tons of BSG fans out there!
    Because they are syfy all they know how to do is cancel our favorite shows early and put wrestling on tv :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22