Battlestar Galactica (2004-2008 series)

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm a little behind on this, but by word of mouth I just starting watching this series two weeks ago and am HOOKED!

I just finished up season two tonight. This is GOOD stuff. I would rank it just about as good as Lost.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    It was an awesome series. I was late as well but caught up last summer, well worth owning or renting.
  • marcos wrote:
    It was an awesome series. I was late as well but caught up last summer, well worth owning or renting.
    I thought season two was even better than one. I hope the series finally isn't a let down. This is some good stuff.. I guess I'll know in a few more weeks.
  • I'm a little behind on this, but by word of mouth I just starting watching this series two weeks ago and am HOOKED!

I just finished up season two tonight. This is GOOD stuff. I would rank it just about as good as Lost.
    Turn off the fucking T.V.
    Put down the Video Games.......

And go get a fucking girlfriend already!!!!!!!

hehehehehe.............

You will never complete me..............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I'm a little behind on this, but by word of mouth I just starting watching this series two weeks ago and am HOOKED!

Turn off the fucking T.V.
    Put down the Video Games.......

And go get a fucking girlfriend already!!!!!!!

hehehehehe.............

You will never complete me..............
    I haven't even had a chance to play the PS3 yet, Speedy. 8-)
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i have not seen this but it is on my short list to check out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Just finished the series.. Best series I've seen!

Lost is going to have a hard time topping it.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    My bf LOVED it! Thought the last season wasn't quite as good though....but still really good.

I saw a fair few of the first season and loved it too....but then missed a heap so stopped watching because I want to watch all the seasons back to back one day!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    My bf LOVED it! Thought the last season wasn't quite as good though....but still really good.

I saw a fair few of the first season and loved it too....but then missed a heap so stopped watching because I want to watch all the seasons back to back one day!

that's what netflix and isohunt are for!
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I agree, season 4 wasn't quite as good as 2 and 3, but still really good. The series finally made up for any flaws it may have had.

For those that have seen it, maybe Jimi Hendrix had some cylon in his blood. All Along the Watchtower was really written on another planet over 150,000 years ago. ;)
    ZiggyStar wrote:

that's what netflix and isohunt are for!

We have all the seasons.....I just don't have time to commit to a full tv series right now!
    Is Caprica the finale?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Is Caprica the finale?
    The finally I saw was called Daybreak.. it pretty much ends the series and brings everything full circle. I don't want to give anything away, but they pretty much land on earth 150,000 years ago and destroy their spaceships to start over.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Is Caprica the finale?
    The finally I saw was called Daybreak.. it pretty much ends the series and brings everything full circle. I don't want to give anything away, but they pretty much land on earth 150,000 years ago and destroy their spaceships to start over.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daybreak? Well what's Caprica?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Is Caprica the finale?

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daybreak? Well what's Caprica?
    I have no idea.. I'm assuming its a prequal from before Caprica was nuked?
    I have no idea.. I'm assuming its a prequal from before Caprica was nuked?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series)
    intodeep wrote:
    i have not seen this but it is on my short list to check out.
    Here we are two years later and i just finish the final last night. I really enjoyed the series it had its ups and downs but when it was on it was some of my favorite pure entertainment TV i've ever watched.

I was a little confused by the final. I had some ideas and read an interview with the main writers and it seemed to sort it out. It always straddled teh religious aspect but seemed to lean on it a lot in the end to wrap things up which i have no problem with it.
    This is how i saw the series-

Season's 1, 2.0, and 2.5 pure gold
    Season 3- Starts really good first 3 or 4 episodes and last 3 or 4 episodes are some of the best in the series. the middle was the first crack in the shows armor though my least favorite of the series.
    Season 4.0- Starts off REALLY good and is mostly okay throughout.
    Season 4.5 Again out of the gates with a bang. It seems to founder a little trying to get the story to the point that they can wrap it up then it gets to the final two episodes...

As for the final two the it is pretty strong with an all our action packed free for all then they get to wrap up time and resolution. It lost me a little here but after i read the interview with the writers it tied up some loose ends that were left ambiguous.

Very satisfied with this show and highly recomend it
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    WTF? Gob is LikeAnOCean??! I had no idea! I was even wondering the other day what happened to that guy? :lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    WTF? Gob is LikeAnOCean??! I had no idea! I was even wondering the other day what happened to that guy? :lol:
    8-)
    Gob wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    8-)

I feel like such a dick! :lol:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Now that I've finally finished Lost, I started this show last night. (yeah yeah I'm SO far behind on the times, I know!) But I watched the beginning miniseries and a couple eps into the first season...love it! I was a huge fan of the Dollhouse so it's great to see Tahmoh Penikett again. Luckily I've got a 4-day weekend so I'll have some time to watch some more :ugeek:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Gob wrote:

:lol: That was so great! It's totally how I've been with the show :oops:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    My buddy's offered to lend me his box-set of the series, and I plan on taking him up on the offer when I have time (ie, finished Skyrim).
    One season down, twenty DVDs to go...
    It is easily more addictive than Lost.. by season 3, you will be like, wtf?

Best Sci-Fi, political, life, series EVER.

It doesn't have the characters I love of Lost, but it really Digs into our existance..
    It is easily more addictive than Lost.. by season 3, you will be like, wtf?

Best Sci-Fi, political, life, series EVER.

It doesn't have the characters I love of Lost, but it really Digs into our existance..

I'm digging it a lot right now. I should have been in bed two hours ago, but I need to watch one more episode before sleep can even be an option.
    Battlestar was awesome. Adama for President! Cause sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six!
    adama_08_512.jpg
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I'm a disc into the second season and an loving everything so far. Everything, that is, except the Gaius arc. For some reason it just feels like he and the Cylon are showing everything down.
    intodeep wrote:
    Battlestar was awesome. Adama for President! Cause sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six!
    I'm sure at some point I'll get that reference.
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm sure at some point I'll get that reference.
    Oh I thought he had already used it, if he hasn't he will. It's not really spoilerish its just a phrase he uses a lot throughout the series.
    If you don't know where it comes from (cause i didn't till i looked it up) In craps rolling a 3 and a 3 only happens 3% of the time. High Risk High Reward

So in sticky situatiosn that look grim Adama will say sometimes we just gotta roll the hard six
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22