Who hasn't received 10C Backspacer yet?

Comments

• nevmiles wrote:
    Still waiting . . . here in Ottawa, Canada. I'm assuming it's an international thing . . . Would I love to have it now? Yes. But I'm patient :)

Have you checked your mail today? I was hoping out hope that I might be lucky and find it in my mailbox when I get home from work today.
    Montreal 03
    Ottawa 05
    Gorge #1 06
    Eddie Vedder #1 Montreal 08
    Ottawa 11
  • :lol::lol::lol: me,,all europe,Australia,Asia,South America..and some states in
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • :lol::lol::lol: me,,all europe,Australia,Asia,South America..and some states in US
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Edge34Edge34 Posts: 233
    Also waiting patiently in Ottawa, Canada. I do wish that they had the digital download like the last album but, i will wait.
  • Nothing in Hawaii yet......
  • cat72cat72 Posts: 2,993
    still nothing in RI
  • theanswersarefataltheanswersarefatal Posts: 239
    edited September 2009
    still nothing in Syracuse, NY.

i'm very discouraged.

EDIT: ok, so i just emailed the ten club asking about a delay in the cd mailing. they replied back with a DHL tracking number and the search result says that says my CD delivery was "tendered to USPS on 9/17"

9/17?????????????????????????????????

That's it, I AM GOING POSTAL TOMORROW LOL!!! (joke...but really i'm fucking pissed off!!!)

SECOND EDIT: i called a few different post offices in my area which were little help considering most of them are closed. one guy even answered the phone and was like "don't you realize it's past 6pm, we're closed..." and i said "then why are you answering the phone?"

so it looks like the 10C sent my CD via DHL who handed it off to the post office on 9/17 and now it's MIA at one of the several post offices in syracuse, ny. tomorrow morning i'm getting right back on the horn.

obviously i'm still very discouraged.

the 10C did say tho in their email to me that the vinyl begins shipping today.
    Post edited by theanswersarefatal on
    "If you love someone, set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck up." -ev

6/29/03 - Montreal, QC 10/1/04 - Reading, PA
    10/3/05 - Philadelphia, PA 5/12/06 - Albany, NY
    6/27/08 - Hartford, CT (FRONT ROW CENTER!)
    8/2/08 - (ev) Boston, MA 6/9/09 - (ev) Albany, NY
    8/21/09 - Toronto, ON 5/10/10 - Buffalo, NY
  • groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    No Backspacer love for me here in the UK either :/
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Still nothing!!!!but i guess their BEST wasn't good enough... maybe if you prioritized your fan base instead of the masses.... i can't believe i bought this album in two forms 2 months ago and still haven't heard more than two songs WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Albany, Uniondale, Mansfield 1,2,3 2003
    Boston 1, 2, Reading, Toledo 2004
    Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Albany, Hartford, Boston 1, 2, Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo, MSG 2, Mansfield 1, 2, EV Boston 1, Harlem 1 2008
    Toronto, Philly 2, 4 2009
    Hartford, Boston 2010
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Got LP and CD c/w free stickers and tatoos in Thunder Bay! Thanks Easy Street.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Songburst wrote:

you're posting within the wrong thread...this is for people who haven't gotten the 10C Backspacer yet.

SO DONT RUB IT IN

• Still nothing here

And they wonder why we illegally download :?
  • Got mine today in Los Angeles! Whew! I was getting ready to go down to Target...I know its a total bummer waiting but its totally worth it! I just could not get a true appreciation of it off myspace or the radio. Its a GREAT record! :D
  • In Boston, just got it today and the shipping label says it wasn't shipped till the 17th!!!
    Thought my area code (02...) was supposed to ship on the 14th?????
    No wonder I didn't get it on time!
    dream the dreams of other men, you will be no ones rival
    kenobi77 wrote:
    Songburst wrote:

you're posting within the wrong thread...this is for people who haven't gotten the 10C Backspacer yet.

SO DONT RUB IT IN
    Oops. My bad.
  • Well, the show here in Vancouver is on Friday . . . I pre-ordered the CD and vinyl from 10C months ago . . . by my calculations I figure they should show up sometime around Halloween if I'm lucky :D
  • + 1 - bought the CD at Target, still waiting on 10c vinyl. Sitting at a bar a block from Easy Street. If I would've known 10c vinyl wouldn't have shipped by now, I would've saved the shipping costs and supported my local indie shop! ;)
  • Anyone in Canada get it yet? Not I in Toronto. It's killing me, all I hear is how good it is, but I'm not listening to it till I have my own copy, so I can rewind at any point over and over again. Nothing beats the first listen.

AHHHH!!!
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • kenobi77 wrote:
    still nothing in Syracuse, NY.

i'm very discouraged.

EDIT: ok, so i just emailed the ten club asking about a delay in the cd mailing. they replied back with a DHL tracking number and the search result says that says my CD delivery was "tendered to USPS on 9/17"

9/17?????????????????????????????????

That's it, I AM GOING POSTAL TOMORROW LOL!!! (joke...but really i'm fucking pissed off!!!)

SECOND EDIT: i called a few different post offices in my area which were little help considering most of them are closed. one guy even answered the phone and was like "don't you realize it's past 6pm, we're closed..." and i said "then why are you answering the phone?"

so it looks like the 10C sent my CD via DHL who handed it off to the post office on 9/17 and now it's MIA at one of the several post offices in syracuse, ny. tomorrow morning i'm getting right back on the horn.

obviously i'm still very discouraged.

the 10C did say tho in their email to me that the vinyl begins shipping today.

ok, yet another update on my quest...i feel like i'm just talking to myself but what else is new.

so i decided to call my post office back, the one that's open till 9pm EST. the guy there told me that the information that my USPS tracking # is just "electronic information", as in, "an actual package hasn't been scanned by a postal clerk in syracuse and should be en route to my house."

so in essence, the situation went from horrible, to hopeful, to "as of 9/17 at 4:33pm the 'electronic information regarding my package' was received by 'a post office in syracuse, ny'". the information was sent by a post office in rutherford, nj. the package is being delivered "standard mail".

my latest uneducated assumption about my CD's whereabouts is that it's on its way from Rutherford, NJ, and may have left there the evening of 9/17 or the morning of 9/18. or, maybe it didnt even leave there till yesterday morning. who knows. the people at the post office never want to be on the phone or deal with you unless you're actually mailing something and standing in front of them buying postage and boxes. you literally get a time limit of about five minutes for them to help you and then you're pretty much shooed off the phone.

all's i know is i will never ever do a pre-order thru the 10C again, unless it's a 10C edition like this one. my CD may have been dropped off on 9/14 to a DHL center in Auburn, WA, but the "DHL to USPS" shipping method did not get the CD to people on the east coast in a justified time. i know i waited a couple days after the announcement to actually make my pre-order, so if that's part of the reason then i'm to blame too i guess.

but this had better be worth it. the free downloads, once established by the 10C, better be worth it.

• I haven't gotten my copy yet either. I am in Portland!
  • i couldn't wait for 10c(international delivery) and i bought one from my local independent today...paid an extra dollar just to not have to buy it at best buy/hmv

in 2 weeks ill have an extra copy and give the one im listening to now, free to a good friend. it'll knock their socks off

i wish 10c could mail out the international cds a little earlier but thats just nit picking
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    10c delivery to Canada is awful. You can almost bank that it will take two weeks from when the US recieves it, to when it'll show up in Canada. I've never understood there shipping methods.

Since Easy Street was an independant store, this selling the same identitical version as the 10c, I ordered mine from Easy Street.

I was in seattle the past few days for the shows, got back this morning (in Edmonton) and there was a parcel pickup notice, and it was my backspacer cd and fixer single vinyl.

It kinda made me wish I'd ordered the vinyl from them too. Easystreets shipping is cheaper (combined) and they just stick it the regular mail, and its way quicker.

no arrival on my vinyl copy of backspacer from the 10c yet.
  • Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    edited September 2009
    I just got notice from UPS today they have the electronic info, but no physical package yet. My pre-ordered vinyl isn't due to arrive until September 30.

I order from Ten Club to support the band, but this is the last time I ever pre-order from them. Ugh.
    Post edited by Dog Loyal on
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Still no sign of my Backspacer CD in Dublin. took Ten Reissue Deluxe 11 Weeks to get to me
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    NB180527 wrote:
    Still no sign of my Backspacer CD in Dublin. took Ten Reissue Deluxe 11 Weeks to get to me

Urgh. Way to completely dash my hopes of getting the CD any time soon here in Scotland.

I really had no idea postage would be this slow! I've ordered CDs from the US before that have come within 5-6 days, this is just unreal!

Hate to say it, but next time I'll just avoid ordering from the band unfortunately. And I really do hate to say that, it sounds like I'm moaning...
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    I just got an e-mail from UPS my scheduled delivery date is Oct. 1st.

I'm expecting mine to come signed, hence the delay. :D
  • No CD n Michigan yet, either.
    East Lansing 98, Detroit 00, Detroit 03, Detroit 06, Chicago 09, EV Detroit 11, Wrigley Field 13
  • ed66ed66 Posts: 21
    still no cd in MA :evil:
  • i'm in ottawa too and I don't have mine yet either...this is the second item i have ordered from 10c, the first being the super deluxe edition of ten...i received that at least 3 or 4 days before it was released in stores, which made me very happy and was why i decided to rely on 10c again for prompt delivery...i am now very disappointed since i have yet to even receive a shipping confirmation or anything like that...granted, i sent them an email last week after they said they would be shipping in 24hrs, to update my shipping address (i moved a month after i pre-ordered and forgot to change it), but i never got a response back from shipping@tenclub saying yes they would ship it to my new address or no it would be going to my old address...i still have contacts at my old address and it has not showed up there either...i've been a pj fan since '92 but only joined 10c earlier this year to get a crack at an autographed SDE of ten...i don't think i will be renewing my membership since there don't seem to be any real perks to it, the 10c tix in T.O. sold out before i checked my email but i was lucky to get a pair of grass tix via the edge presale, and my membership# will never get me close to the stage, so what's the point...everything else i can buy in stores for much cheaper...i want to support pj at the grassroots level but all this burreaucratic bs makes it difficult...worst customer service ever, at least give us some explanation, i paid for a product and i am entitled to know where it is and when it will get here, something a little more definitive than "4-8 weeks".
    Zod wrote:
    10c delivery to Canada is awful. You can almost bank that it will take two weeks from when the US recieves it, to when it'll show up in Canada. I've never understood there shipping methods.

Since Easy Street was an independant store, this selling the same identitical version as the 10c, I ordered mine from Easy Street.

I was in seattle the past few days for the shows, got back this morning (in Edmonton) and there was a parcel pickup notice, and it was my backspacer cd and fixer single vinyl.

It kinda made me wish I'd ordered the vinyl from them too. Easystreets shipping is cheaper (combined) and they just stick it the regular mail, and its way quicker.

no arrival on my vinyl copy of backspacer from the 10c yet.
    Plus they give you a bunch of PJ and Easy Street stickers, tattoos and pens for free. Only reason I went with Easy Street this time was the shipping -- freaking dumb that you couldn't combine cd and vinyl orders with 10C. Unlike some, I have no qualms with downloading the album prior to me receiving it so long delivery waits is a non-issue for me. An extra $14 in shipping is apparently my breaking point though.