*** 2009 Dallas Cowboys ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    crazypjfan wrote:

ANYwho.....congrats to all you real cowboys fans (you know who you are :mrgreen: ). turns out you were the better team this year. i now know how you felt when we buried you to end your season last year. you've returned the favor. touche. we're now even.

And this is the problem. We are not even close to being even, dude! Win a superbowl and then we'll start keeping score. Better yet, find a qb that can win the big one :shock: ;)

still not sure why you guys keep going back 20, 30, 40 years. if we're gonna do that why not go back even further to include our 3 nfl championships? who cares what happened so far in the past? i don't. these current teams are even buddy. we ended your season last year. you ended our's this year. again--congrats and good luck.

see ya next year :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    crazypjfan wrote:

ANYwho.....congrats to all you real cowboys fans (you know who you are :mrgreen: ). turns out you were the better team this year. i now know how you felt when we buried you to end your season last year. you've returned the favor. touche. we're now even.

And this is the problem. We are not even close to being even, dude! Win a superbowl and then we'll start keeping score. Better yet, find a qb that can win the big one :shock: ;)

still not sure why you guys keep going back 20, 30, 40 years. if we're gonna do that why not go back even further to include our 3 nfl championships? who cares what happened so far in the past? i don't. these current teams are even buddy. we ended your season last year. you ended our's this year. again--congrats and good luck.

At least we have colour video and photographs of our championships :D:D:D , couldn't resist, see ya next and good luck. Now lets talk about the Vikings.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

At least we have colour video and photographs of our championships :D:D:D , couldn't resist, see ya next and good luck. Now lets talk about the Vikings.

yeah at least you have that. go vikings! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

right on !!! GO VIKINGS !!! :D:D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:

lol....i think i'm the only one in here who predicted the cowboys would beat the saints. honestly, i would not be shocked if that rematch is the nfc championship game. hope i'm wrong. but the vikings strike me as beatable.....but, go vikings regardless!
    www.myspace.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    :lol: ...funny how some of you guys think we all watch the game by ourselves in front or our laptops or something. it was a saturday night people! eagles fans apparently have more going on than some of you! :mrgreen::lol:

the city of dallas must be on a pretty big high right now. what's it like? (oh yeah, only one of you lives around there....hey oh :lol: ) i can't imagine what it'd be like if my hometown football team went that long without a winning a single playoff game. so enjoy it. savor it. good luck next week. i'll surely be rooting against you. and....see you next year! GO BIRDS!!

Feels great thanks. I had this nagging feeling in the back of mind. I knew the Cowboys were the better team on paper, but the last 13 years have conditioned me to expect the worst. So when Felix busted that long run, my tequila hit the floor and everyone in our house (about 30) just started screaming and jumping up and down. At that point I knew it was for real. I think I watched Sports Center over and over until 2:00 AM.

You know, the Eagles have had our number, but since Wade got here, I am not sure what the stats are. He has turned the thing around against them though.

Just to finally have a playoff win, and with guys (Romo and Phillips) that no one thought could get it done, it is that much sweeter. And say what you want about Jerry Jones, he is not afraid to pull the trigger when something isn't working. Hence, no TO, no Pacman, no Tank. If Jerry was running the Eagles, McNabb and Reid wouldn't be there right now.

I've had tons of respect for McNabb over the years, but after this year, it is clear he is on the decline. You guys need to start Kolb next year. He is only getting older and you still don't know what you have there.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    the wolf wrote:

lol....i think i'm the only one in here who predicted the cowboys would beat the saints. honestly, i would not be shocked if that rematch is the nfc championship game. hope i'm wrong. but the vikings strike me as beatable.....but, go vikings regardless!
    I'll give you that, you did predict that, the way Dallas lost to NY and SD and the way the Saints were playing it seemed like an impossible task, but that turned our season around. One advantage the Eagles have over the vikings is that McNabb at least can make plays with his legs or at least buy time, Favre can't do that, and he can be forced into bad throws.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Today as I was getting ready for work, I thought about the last time I got ready for work after a Cowboys playoff victory. It was 1996. I was still in college. I worked at Barnes and Noble. I wasn't married yet. Ahhhh!!!!!!
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    Today as I was getting ready for work, I thought about the last time I got ready for work after a Cowboys playoff victory. It was 1996. I was still in college. I worked at Barnes and Noble. I wasn't married yet. Ahhhh!!!!!!
    lol....yup...my son (who is now in High School) was only 1 year old
    Certainly has been awhile.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    I guess I will let this soak in one more day and then start talking about the Vikings, who are clearly beatable.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Flagg wrote:
    I guess I will let this soak in one more day and then start talking about the Vikings, who are clearly beatable.

Same here. Hopefully, the Boys already started talking Vikings ;)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Great game...big win...would love to see the Cards take out the Saints....and the Pokes beat down the Vikings...NFC Championship game at Jerry World!!!! :mrgreen:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • ESPN.com just reported that Brett Favre's right nut has arthritis.

Good luck with that ball you old son of a bitch.

is that his throwing nut?
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

is that his throwing nut?

lucky for him it's not his plant nut.
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    I'm so pumped about this game already. Dallas looks really good in it. Six more days....
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    Dallas hasn't allowed a 100 yard game by a RB this season. Done well sitting down feature backs. So we'll what happens with Peterson.

I was giving Farve crap based on his recent history against the Cowboys but his playing a different style now, moving around, making quick short throws. He will be tougher to handle this time. But I have confidence in our pass rush.

And I don't like all this talk about Dallas being the team to beat and the best team left in the NFC. May be hot, but still finished below Minnesota and NO. So let's tap the brakes on that until what's done is done.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Report: Female Cowboys fan had 'blood running down my cheek' after assault by Eagles fans
    From Staff and Wire Reports |

A woman in Pennsylvania wearing a Tony Romo T-Shirt was assaulted by two men -- both wearing Eagles jerseys -- as she walked near her home on Friday, Bethlehem police told the Allentown (Pa.) Morning Call newspaper.

The victim, Jaime Wert, 27, said told the paper she will continue to wear her love for the Cowboys on her sleeve.

"It won't stop me," she said Monday. "I wore it on Saturday and the Cowboys won."

The newspaper cited a police report that contained the reported details of the event.

Police said it happened around 9:30 p.m. Wert told police she was wearing her T-shirt that features the Cowboys quarterback when she heard someone yell, ''Hey, Romo!''

Wert said when she turned around, one of the men slapped her in the face. She said her assailants were both wearing Eagles jerseys.

"I really freaked out because I could feel the blood running down my cheek,'' Wert told the paper. "I kicked the one guy in his leg and they both ran.''

Wert, who had minor cuts on her face, told police she didn't see the men's faces clearly enough to give a detailed description.

• Is that what Philly men do? Hit women and run??

I'm coming to Philly wearing my Cowboys jersey for a game in the near future. I dare one of those motherfuckers to touch me.

I think that would be cute.
  • Is that what Philly men do? Hit women and run??

I'm coming to Philly wearing my Cowboys jersey for a game in the near future. I dare one of those motherfuckers to touch me.

I am sure it will be somehow justified :roll:
    Is that what Philly men do? Hit women and run??

I am sure it will be somehow justified :roll:

Most likely it will. This is another prime example of most Eagles fans and their lack of class. There are some good ones out there, though :?
    It is Thursday and I still don't know what to make of this game. Some interesting notes though.

Brad Childress contacted his friend Andy Reid to talk Cowboys. Not sure that's who you want to go to for information at this point.

Barber's knee is still bothering him and he isn't practicing, but will play.

Choice did not get a concussion and will play.

The Vikings finished the season 1-3 with the lone victory being against a Giants team that quit. In the losses, the Viking were outscored by an average of 12.7 points. In December, they lost to Arizona, Carolina and Chicago. Their other loss this season was to Pittsburgh.

The OL is a little banged up too. They have had some success against 3-4 defenses this year. But the Phillips 3-4 defense is a little different. The Cowboys don't blitz much at all. They get pressure with the front three and an extra linebacker so the secondary isn't left short-handed. And they can cover. I don't expect that to change too much Sunday. I expect Favre to see pressure without extra rushers, which makes it more difficult to find an open guy.

Vikings are 8-0 at home in that loud dome, but Dallas knows something about stepping into a loud dome and taking down a top team (looking at you NO).

Dallas hasn't given up a 100 yard rushing game to a back all season and Peterson hasn't had one since November 15. He's also a fumbler. I expect at least one turnover from him. Dallas has shut down every feature back they have faced all year.

Since we are talking history, this probably has no bearing on the game whatsoever, but Favre has been atrocious against Dallas over the years.

Still, I don't like the fact that everyone is picking Dallas to win. I like being the underdog. But when you are the hot team that's what happens. Win or lose, I still call this a successful season considering what has been going on around here for the last decade.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Still, I don't like the fact that everyone is picking Dallas to win. I like being the underdog. But when you are the hot team that's what happens. Win or lose, I still call this a successful season considering what has been going on around here for the last decade.

Well at least Jaworski picked the Vikings so we should be in good shape!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

I think we will be in for a 3.5 hour battle as Brooking said yesterday. I have faith in this Cowboys team and think they will prevail in this one :D

btw, I will be coming down to TX if the Boys host the NFC Championship... Beers are on me, Flagg!!
  • the line I got yesterday was Dallas getting 2-1/2 points

So according to someone Vikes are favs. Hopefully the D gets pressure on Farve and forces him to make some bad throws. My mother is an animate Vikings fan (father is Cowboy fan) so it should be interesting Sunday
    My mother is an animate Vikings fan (father is Cowboy fan) so it should be interesting Sunday

That is funny.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    crazypjfan wrote:
    My mother is an animate Vikings fan (father is Cowboy fan) so it should be interesting Sunday

That is funny.

No, it's not.
  • crazypjfan wrote:

That is funny.

my father and I were debating if we should watch it with her
  • Assuming we win and the Cardinals whip the Saints ass like I know they will, do we play the NFC Championship at home?
  • HoltzmnHoltzmn Posts: 87
    Flagg wrote:

The Vikings finished the season 1-3 with the lone victory being against a Giants team that quit. In the losses, the Viking were outscored by an average of 12.7 points. In December, they lost to Arizona, Carolina and Chicago. Their other loss this season was to Pittsburgh.

The Vikings finished 2-2, winning twice at home and losing both on the road. Besides the Giants win they also beat Cincy 30-10.
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Assuming we win and the Cardinals whip the Saints ass like I know they will, do we play the NFC Championship at home?

Yes we would.

Damn, I'm ready for Sunday
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!