Options

Philly Spectrum Pre Parties & Fund-raisers take 2!!

Comments

• Options
    I am awake way too early for today but this just in...today there's a Pearl Jam concert as well as a Wishlist Philly Pre Party at McFaddens!

Omg! Why haven't I heard about this sooner? I could have made proper plans to be there!!!!

Good Luck to you guys!!! See you Friday afternoon....

I will be closely watching the threads for tonight and tomorrow, wishing I was there! :(
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    couldn't sleep last night...and so it begins
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,386
    couldn't sleep last night...and so it begins

you're not drinking enough :lol::lol: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Have fun everyone! See ya soon.;-) save me a beer Mr. Dunne. You all be good to my brah, Dave and good luck at the preparties. Yankee Joni Dandy, lol Steve.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    I am awake way too early for today but this just in...today there's a Pearl Jam concert as well as a Wishlist Philly Pre Party at McFaddens!

Omg! Why haven't I heard about this sooner? I could have made proper plans to be there!!!!

Good Luck to you guys!!! See you Friday afternoon....

I will be closely watching the threads for tonight and tomorrow, wishing I was there! :(
    Don't leave the Porch :-D. 3 threads will fill you in on updates.:-)
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Bump!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Bump!
    bump this........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Is it too late to RSVP for the pre-party/fundraiser for 10/30? :D
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,075

nope, in fact, not enough people are attending these so we will be glad to see you!

we will be at mcfadden's on 10/30 from 3 pm - whenever we finish the auction/raffle. We will be using the bar outside in the back so please come on in and find us and join us! bring people please!
  • Options
    Scott36Scott36 Posts: 109
    My brother and I are hoping to come to McFadden's for the Friday pre-party. I preface this by saying we are driving up from VA and will then have to get checked in and down to the Spectrum in time. However, I'm sure we could be there before it's all over! From what I gather, the SEPTA transportation will be running as normal on Friday at least.
  • Options

nope, in fact, not enough people are attending these so we will be glad to see you!

we will be at mcfadden's on 10/30 from 3 pm - whenever we finish the auction/raffle. We will be using the bar outside in the back so please come on in and find us and join us! bring people please!

gonna be there - all the way from l.a!
    looking forward to meeting philly pj fans!
    94 Chicago Stadium; 95 Soldier Field; 98 Alpine Valley 1&2, Chicago;
    2000 Alpine Valley "the Ice Bowl!", San Diego, Devore;
    03 Irvine 1&2 , San Diego, Chicago, Alpine Valley;
    06 St. Paul 1&2 w/Tom Petty, Vegas, San Diego, LA 1&2, Santa Barbara;
    07 Lollapalooza; 08 eV Santa Barbara & LA 2, Bonnaroo, Who Honors;
    09 Chicago 1&2, LA 1-4, San Diego, Philly 3&4
  • Options
    Hey, is there a Pearl Jam Concert tonight??? :lol:
  • Options
    Hopefully not too late to RSVP for 10/31. I'll be arriving in Philly hopefully before noon with my buddy Matt. I look forward to meeting some of you!
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    tool late to rsvp?
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Had a great time. Thanks elwayvedder, petrocs and everybody else who organized!
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Yes thank you to everyone who showed up to the 4 fundraisers and supported our 2 great causes. I hope everyone had an amazing time! And to all those who helped make this happen and helped Dave and I pull this off for our charities..I love you guys :)

now will someone PLEASE tell Dave to go take a nap..he's getting cranky
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    deskilladeskilla Posts: 279
    Have fun everyone! See ya soon.;-) save me a beer Mr. Dunne. You all be good to my brah, Dave and good luck at the preparties. Yankee Joni Dandy, lol Steve.

where's "dirty little tom"????
  • Options
    deskilladeskilla Posts: 279
    Dave... don't you think you oughta rest.... don't you think you had enough...
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,075
    me getting cranky?! getting? didnt that happen say Tuesday?

I cant say enough and whatever words written here will not be enough to express my gratitude and joy for everyone's help in their own special ways.

From the band who gives and gives and teaches us so much,
    to the people who donated all the amazing items,
    to the people who spent their own money, to ship the stuff etc,
    to the people who went way out of their way to collect US Troop supplies and lug them down to South Philly,
    to the people who did their own special ideas to generate funds,
    to my "new family of brothers and sisters" who I absolutely love now and want to cry because you not only helped Mike and I, but you saved us. Literally.

These 4 pre parties were absolute chaos and everything was up against us trying to knock us down. All we had on our side was you. In the end, we will still be standing but those powers to be at the Spectrum may not be...

From the bottom of my heart to the tears that start to form when I think of all the heart, love, and work that went it all of this, thank you for everything everyone has contributed and more importantly; thank you to those who put up with me, especially my wife and kids. I disapeared this week physically including missing Halloween and I have been gone mentally from my family a good month now.

I dont know how you guys didnt want to ring my neck or attempt to do so after 4 nights with me and my life is now forever filled with the heart you all showed this past week.

To everyone, thank you for making this week one of the most special weeks in my life. Mike and I are so forever grateful for everyone and everything and we did a lot of great things this week for The Gift of Life Family House and The Yellow Ribbon Club.

You all truly showed what this all encompassing trip with this band called Pearl Jam and their fans are all about. What a give and give relationship. "Nothing you would take...Everything you gave"...and "A distant time, A distant place... So what you giving?..What you giving?" - no two sets of lyrics define better what this was all about and what Pearl Jam friends and family are all about. Thank you for all that you gave and nothing you all would take.
    -Dave
  • Options
    Wow! I'm tearing up right now. Dave to spite all that you were up against, YOU are the man & truly held it all together! Fantastic job to you & the whole crew & can't thank you enough for getting me involved. Hi to "Mrs Dave" too! (Had a great time handin flyers out w/ya. Hope you had a great Halloween!)

Mike(now I can enjoy your entertaining posts again w/o fear of any threads getting locked!?), Deb (thanks for being so awesome & giving me the ride!), & Tom (even if I didn't know who you were at 1st-what a rookie, right!) you couldn't have been more welcoming & fun. Joni, can't believe what a great friend I've made, almost by accident-you kept me enthused & smilin' through all the waitin'. Might have lost my mind w/out ya! Enjoyed meeting all you guys & everyone else! Before these shows, I only knew the incredible band, now I know the incredible fans around the band. next time I'm totally hatin the sloppy drunk bastard next to me, who's ruining the show for everyone within 12 rows, I'll remember for every one of those assholes, there's at least a dozen of you great people!

Keep doin what ya do & I look forward to bein able to hang w/you guys again in the future-Mrs.Smiley/Cindy :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    So...I guess we'll be planning the next preparties for Philly in ...ooooooh....say....4 months :) But IM not saying anymore :)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    As Dave said, there were a million different things working against the pre-parties right from the very beginning - tailgating is a unique fundraising situation with it's own set of complications - but you all handled it professionally, with a smile, enthusiasm and so successfully. Congratulations to you guys!!

Great turn out, happy people, amazing items in terms of value/quality as well as quantity.

You set the bar for the next tour. :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    thanks to the organizers and attendees...met some old similar faces and some new ones.

was great to finally meet josevolution.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,391
    Had an amazing time @ the preparties! Missed the 4th preparty. We stayed up pretty late the night before @ Pat's Cheese Steak, and the morning of Saturday got lost driving on the other side of Broad Street. lol. We had an amazing time! :)

The preparties & afterparties @ MacFaddens were amazing. Everybody working around the booths did an amazing job. Heard the 4th night preparty poster of Tom Tommorrow went for 1300 bucks. Sweet. Signed by Tom & all the member's of Pearl Jam. I tried for PreParty 2, but lost @ 670. d'oh!

Hope you guy's liked those little freebie goodies. ;)
    Till the next one, say May '10?

Cheers! 8-)

D
  • Options
    elwayvedder and all who assisted...you guys did an AWESOME job! thanks for your hard work/efforts, i had a BLAST! i met up with many old friends and sooo many new friends, and if not for these pre-parties it probably wouldn't happen as frequently as it does, and damn...quite simply.....it's always such a GREAT time!

thanks again dave!
    :clap:
    :thumbup:
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    deskilla wrote:

Trying to figure out how to change his name on the boards and write down his mentor, Dirty Tom's sage? advice. He's also
    trying to find where Michigan is, ha ha you're in Deep now Tom. LOL Deskilla!

• Options
    deskilla wrote:

Trying to figure out how to change his name on the boards and write down his mentor, Dirty Tom's sage? advice. He's also
    trying to find where Michigan is, ha ha you're in Deep now Tom. LOL Deskilla!

Ha-just got it!!!? Still tired maybe? Funny! Tell DLT I say Hi & it was great to meet you both. Still smilin & will be for a long, long time. Thanks for everything :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    where's "dirty little tom"????[/quote]
    trying to find where Michigan is, ha ha you're in Deep now Tom. LOL Deskilla![/quote]

Ha-just got it!!!? Still tired maybe? Funny! Tell DLT I say Hi & it was great to meet you both. Still smilin & will be for a long, long time. Thanks for everything :mrgreen:[/quote]

:lol: It was nice to meet you and Mr Smiley too. My mom says hi and will talk to you soon.
    Formerly until corrupted RidintheLedbetterRiff.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Mega, Mega THANK YOU's to Dave, Mike, and everyone who made the pre-parties the blast and a half they were. You desrve a sun-kissed vacation after all the hard word y'all put in. Or at least a 5 vs. 1 get together with drinks on me. Again, thanks for everything !!!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    just curious here - but are we gonna get find out $$$ totals?