Options

Philly Spectrum Pre Parties & Fund-raisers take 2!!

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,075
    Flagg wrote:
    I have to say, this is by far the most incredibly impressive compilation of donations I have ever seen fans of this band put together. Kudos!!

Now, what would happen if I won the McNabb or Westbrook jerseys, set fire to them, and danced around the flames in the Philly parking lot?

go for it. If you got the cash to win either of these auction items, do with them as you please! you may want to pay for some body guards as well but we dont have those for auction...
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Flagg wrote:
    I have to say, this is by far the most incredibly impressive compilation of donations I have ever seen fans of this band put together. Kudos!!

Now, what would happen if I won the McNabb or Westbrook jerseys, set fire to them, and danced around the flames in the Philly parking lot?

go for it. If you got the cash to win either of these auction items, do with them as you please! you may want to pay for some body guards as well but we dont have those for auction...

Speedy will be my muscle!

Kidding of course, but seriously, this is very impressive.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Here is the Invincible autographed football up one night for auction:

kagi9.jpg

even as a dallas fan, i would treasure this item. if only for elizabeth banks playing his girlfriend in the movie. :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options

kagi9.jpg

even as a dallas fan, i would treasure this item. if only for elizabeth banks playing his girlfriend in the movie. :D

Dunne, I forgot the disclaimer that although there is a left hand shown in the picture, you will not get any hand with winning this auction item. "That's what she said"
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965

kagi9.jpg

Dunne, I forgot the disclaimer that although there is a left hand shown in the picture, you will not get any hand with winning this auction item. "That's what she said"

:D I know, I know. I'm well aware of how you Philly boys roll. It is an awesome item though.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Pearl Jam does by far have the best and most generous fans of any bands in the world!

And we still give our love... we just give it away... and the love we receive is the love that is saved!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    RSVP for me +1
    thedividedskyiscrape lives on...
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    major location changes. we are now at McFaddens for nights 1-3. Working on night 4 location, if any
    -dave
    Post edited by elwayvedder on
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Bump

Thanks for the pm elwayvedder
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    dont forget folks-

Buy your auction items via Paypal in person!! Make sure you have your Paypal accounts funded big time as we will have a wireless connection for auction winners to log on and pay via Paypal immediately if winners do not have enough cash on hand. This assumes my laptop battery last long enough...

We will also be accepting cash or personal checks. For personal checks, please have your ID present as well. Cash is the preferred way to go but we here like to give you options, especially if it helps raise more funds. See you all soon....
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Got an extra ticket for the 27th due to some unforeseen circumstances..let me know if anyone needs it
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    new raffle prize just donated!

PJ on the cover of Spin Magazine the “Uncensored Edition” donated by DIRTY TOM!! Thanx Tom!
    Post edited by elwayvedder on
  • Options
    another raffle item from America's Most Convenient Bank; TD Bank!

TD Bank Prize Pack:
    $25.00 Visa Gift Card
    Umbrella
    Tote Bag
    Leather Keychain
  • Options
    smoke20smoke20 Posts: 50
    my son and i are in for the 10/31 event, tried to contact elwayvedder no response want to help but am totally lost.
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    I can't believe how GENEROUS the donations have been, this has got to be one of the biggest fan fundraisers ever!!

We're so close now :P
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    smoke20 wrote:
    my son and i are in for the 10/31 event, tried to contact elwayvedder no response want to help but am totally lost.

sorry smoke. i dont remember getting something from you. I will PM you now and we can catch up
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,391
    oh yeah, i'm bringing some trick n' treats on saturday. first come first serve.
    hopefully be some left when walking up to the preparty.
    i'm giving away stuff for free!

;)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

;)
    still workin on a pre party for 10/31 D...right now its iffy at best. Stay tuned! I wont sleep until we have a 10/31 pre party arranged!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,820
    demetrios wrote:

;)

Please be drugs.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    1 Pair of 49ers/Eagles Tickets Sunday 12/20/2009 (section 135) and 2 pre-game sideline passes donated by The Philadelphia Eagles

Authentic NFL Football jersey (black, alternate 3rd jersey) signed by Eagles star RB #36 Brian Westbrook (Authenticity certificate included) donated by The Philadelphia Eagles

WOW!!! :shock:
  • Options
    Scott36Scott36 Posts: 109
    This is just a suggestion, and I have no idea if it has already been considered/explored...

It might be worth checking with the Holiday Inn next to the Spectrum to see if they'd be willing to donate the use of their ballroom for the 10/31 Wishlist Pre-Party. If the ballroom isn't booked at this juncture, it would seem to make sense that they might be willing to let it go to the good use of a charitable cause. Plus, it would bring them a lot of additional revenue from alcohol sales. Anyway, just throwing it out there.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/e ... es?start=1

You guys that have put all this together have certainly gone above and beyond the call of duty. Sounds like it will be an awesome time! I'm definitely hoping to hit at least one of the pre-parties, but I will hold off on posting a definitive RSVP until my brother and I finalize our PJ plans!
  • Options
    RSVP for me and my wife for the 27th and 28th. You guys and gals are doing a great job! Can wait to put some faces to names.
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club.
  • Options
    Major update for 10/31's Pre Party: Please spread the word!!

10/31 Philly Wishlist Pre Party 12-4 PM at The Turb Club on 700 Packer Avenue (215-551-8270)

Details:
    The Turf Club is located only a short few blocks away from The Spectrum located at 700 Packer Ave (on the corner of Darien St & Packer Ave).

Parking spaces at the Turf Club are provided on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. All cars must be moved immediately at 4 PM after our pre party is over as they need the spots to open up for the World Series.

We will have our own section for our pre party with a cash bar. Pabst Blue Ribbon Draft specials at $2.50 + tax each. Other domestic drafts start at $3.25+ tax each.

See you there at 12 PM with raffle and auction items to commence approximately at 2 PM. We need to be out of there by 4 which gives everyone plenty of time to go park down at the Spectrum and tail gate. Maybe we can even follow each other and do our tailgate together?

As always, PM me with questions. Thanks for everyone's help and patience with this as I know its not easy on anyone trying to plan accordingly. More importantly, thank you to everyone who donated time, money, items, and help!
  • Options
    Spread the word - four incredible pre-parties for four remarkable shows. Hope to see you all there. Thanks.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Matt Cord just talked about the Wishlist Foundation fund raisers on the air, mentioned items for auction, and that he would but up a link for information.(this is a Pearl Jam Weekend on WMMR) Gotta LOVE WMMR! :D
  • Options
    Matt Cord just talked about the Wishlist Foundation fund raisers on the air, mentioned items for auction, and that he would but up a link for information.(this is a Pearl Jam Weekend on WMMR) Gotta LOVE WMMR! :D

Thanks, I just posted the live stream for the out-of-towners since I'm an avid fan and Pierre groupie :oops: :oops: . Matt is the man though!!

• Options
    Major update for 10/31's Pre Party: Please spread the word!!

10/31 Philly Wishlist Pre Party 12-4 PM at The Turb Club on 700 Packer Avenue (215-551-8270)

Details:
    The Turf Club is located only a short few blocks away from The Spectrum located at 700 Packer Ave (on the corner of Darien St & Packer Ave).

Parking spaces at the Turf Club are provided on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. All cars must be moved immediately at 4 PM after our pre party is over as they need the spots to open up for the World Series.

We will have our own section for our pre party with a cash bar. Pabst Blue Ribbon Draft specials at $2.50 + tax each. Other domestic drafts start at $3.25+ tax each.

See you there at 12 PM with raffle and auction items to commence approximately at 2 PM. We need to be out of there by 4 which gives everyone plenty of time to go park down at the Spectrum and tail gate. Maybe we can even follow each other and do our tailgate together?

As always, PM me with questions. Thanks for everyone's help and patience with this as I know its not easy on anyone trying to plan accordingly. More importantly, thank you to everyone who donated time, money, items, and help!

HOORAY! HUMONGOUS THANKS TO DAVE AND CREW!!
  • Options
    I agree, Dave's my Superman and the best adopted younger brother anyone could ever have. ;) All he needs is a galaxy that when he opens the locker door shouts, "Hail, Hail Dave", LOL. :lol: I got to stop with these movie analogies, I know, sorry.

• Options
    Gotta Bump & Gotta SMILE :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    Good morning or good night bump!