Options

Philly Spectrum Pre Parties & Fund-raisers take 2!!

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,083
    Gotta love us some firecrotch!! 2 more amazing autographed items compliments of your friendly neighborhood firecrotch:

Mini Philadelphia Eagles football autographed by DE Trent Cole donated by 610 WIP All Sports Radio (special thanks to firecrotch23!!)

Mini Philadelphia Eagles football autographed by LB Chris Gocong donated by 610 WIP All Sports Radio (special thanks to firecrotch23!!)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,907
    Sign me up for all 4 night's, baby! 8-)

As for donation's, i'm working on it. ;)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

cool D as I have been waiting to hear from ya. You know how to find me!
  • Options
    Hope you don't mind EV and Petrocs, but just a reminder to check out the list on Yellow Ribbon Club site for items needed for the troop care packages. They are in particular need of ATT or MCI international calling cards, Gillette shave gel, disposable razors, AA & AAA batteries, footpowder, Slim Jims, and Beef Jerky, as well as a list for many other items. Let's not forget the ladies' in uniforms special requests too. ;) Thanks. :D
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    backrubs? massages? anyone want to do some massages for charity? quasi-professional...no 'happy ending' deals...that can happen later... :shock:

just a thought...some folks may be tired after firing down cheesesteaks and being on our feet all day. :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,907
    backrubs? massages? anyone want to do some massages for charity? quasi-professional...no 'happy ending' deals...that can happen later... :shock:

just a thought...some folks may be tired after firing down cheesesteaks and being on our feet all day. :D

hmm .. a free masseuse @ the preparty? oh baby, i'm there! :mrgreen:
  • Options

sure!!!...rub my feet!!!

feet.jpg:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Absolutely incredible, EV. Very generous of you Zappa99. This may call for me to also pull out the camarillo brillo and the dwarf (if it's done yet) and my real poncho, not a Sears one,LOL!;-)
    One for all the Zappa fans.
    Nice to see you back Mrs. Smiley. We missed you.:-D
    Thanks & maybe I will dress as the dental floss tycoon!? Might be hard tho :D
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    Hope you don't mind EV and Petrocs, but just a reminder to check out the list on Yellow Ribbon Club site for items needed for the troop care packages. They are in particular need of ATT or MCI international calling cards, Gillette shave gel, disposable razors, AA & AAA batteries, footpowder, Slim Jims, and Beef Jerky, as well as a list for many other items. Let's not forget the ladies' in uniforms special requests too. ;) Thanks. :D

Thanks for reminder, T Mama. Need to get list of stuff for my daughter's school as she's planning on doing a service project there & collect stuff for troops-which reminds me also I need to find out from site or EV where we can take whatever she collects? That's what I get for dropping outta loop. Better go check out site & get the hell offa my ass! g'nite all
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    Hey Cindy,
    For anyone that is collecting anywhere from 1 or more US Troop supply items: please feel free to bring them to any of the 4 pre party fundraiser events at the Philly Spectrum (Parking Lot F). We will have members of the Yellow Ribbon Club there to greet you, participate in our events, and collect the items. They are very excited that we are doing this and even more happy to be a part of of our parties and will be there to thank you and collect any items you generously donate.

PM or email me with any further questions. Thank you in advance!
    david
  • Options
    Cindy, LOL on the dental floss tycoon, didn't know you were moving to Montana:-D. My son is doing a similar project - great minds... Hahaha. EV, can't wait to meet the families, glad they're coming. :-D
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    demetrios wrote:

Sweet fancy moses D!!! I'm bringing the OJ!!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    for all you big spenders getting ready for our auctions, make sure you have your paypal accounts funded if you arent bringing boatloads of cash (ok, bring lots of cash as well just incase but...)....we are going to attempt to have a laptop or two with wireless from the parking lot and give people the opportunity to log on to Paypal and make payments directly...

with that said, anyone attending/helping any of the 4 pre parties who have a laptop and a wireless card thingy to surf the net from the parking lot, please do bring it!! You can simply PM me saying you "GOT SOME" regards to helping with Paypal access etc. Thanks!

Carry on!!
  • Options
    zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    Do the auctions last over the 4 dates or will items be put out at each show and then sold at the end of the Pre Party?
  • Options
    zappa99 wrote:
    Do the auctions last over the 4 dates or will items be put out at each show and then sold at the end of the Pre Party?

Each show will have it's own raffle and auction items. IE, at the end of each party, items will be walking away each night with their respective raffle and auction winner owners. If there is something on our list that fancies you auction wise, let me know and I can take a look and let you know what night I think it will be used for...
  • Options
    Original Post updated with pictures of some (but not all!) items donated by zappa99. Check it out!
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    bump
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    Hey Cindy,
    For anyone that is collecting anywhere from 1 or more US Troop supply items: please feel free to bring them to any of the 4 pre party fundraiser events at the Philly Spectrum (Parking Lot F). We will have members of the Yellow Ribbon Club there to greet you, participate in our events, and collect the items. They are very excited that we are doing this and even more happy to be a part of of our parties and will be there to thank you and collect any items you generously donate.

david
    That's great! The teacher that runs our svc learning program is out w/med issue so hopefully my daughter will be able to make a go of it w/out the usual publicity etc but I'm gonna try & get something going at my elem.school too, hopfully between the 2 of us we'll get some stuff! So great that we can do something for such a great cause while enjoying such a great band & can't wait to hang out w/you all too! :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    Cindy, LOL on the dental floss tycoon, didn't know you were moving to Montana:-D. My son is doing a similar project - great minds... Hahaha. EV, can't wait to meet the families, glad they're coming. :-D
    Looking forward to meeting you guys too! & can only think of one reason (other than the dental floss tycoon thing) why I'd wanna move to Montana so not officially a done deal :D
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    mrs.smiley wrote:
    Hey Cindy,

david
    That's great! The teacher that runs our svc learning program is out w/med issue so hopefully my daughter will be able to make a go of it w/out the usual publicity etc but I'm gonna try & get something going at my elem.school too, hopfully between the 2 of us we'll get some stuff! So great that we can do something for such a great cause while enjoying such a great band & can't wait to hang out w/you all too! :mrgreen:

Ok, we really need to step it up a notch and show the Yellow Ribbon Club who and what Pearl Jam fans are all about. I have some insider info that they are bringing a Fed Ex truck or trailer incase the US Troop supply items becomes a lot of items! Let's fill that sucker up over the 4 days baby! Carry on!
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Will have flyers for you today!

Do you want to include the corporate sponsors on them too? If so, email me their logos :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    aint PJ Kharma the coolest thing since Air Conditiong (Sliced Bread is overrated)

Thanks to the contest toddiet123, I won Backspacer on vinyl

New Raffle Prize: Backspacer Vinyl (sealed) donated by Elwayvedder thru toddiet123

Thanx toddiet123!!
  • Options
    very nice! Can't wait to arrive in Philly!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Zappa99 Claus is at it again...

For auction:

the rare and hard to find 2006 Pearl Jam Honolulu, Hawaii Ames poster:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/46282

Also donated this round by Zappa99: a signed Kings of Leon Promo LP (Because of the Times)

He's getting tired of hearing it but too bad: Thank you Zappa99 for all these amazing items you have donated and provided
  • Options
    Ohhhhh.

I will have that poster. Oh yes. It will be mine. Oh yes.

ALady's bringing her checkbook! :lol:
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    Ohhhhh.

I will have that poster. Oh yes. It will be mine. Oh yes.

ALady's bringing her checkbook! :lol:

checkbooks are good! Dont forget to fund your paypal accounts too if necessary as we are attempting to try the wireless laptop route from the parking lot and let winners log onto paypal right then and there!
  • Options
    mrs.smiley wrote:
    Hey Cindy,

david

Ok, we really need to step it up a notch and show the Yellow Ribbon Club who and what Pearl Jam fans are all about. I have some insider info that they are bringing a Fed Ex truck or trailer incase the US Troop supply items becomes a lot of items! Let's fill that sucker up over the 4 days baby! Carry on!

This is great & I'm w/ya :mrgreen: Philly will rock!!!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    Know what you mean Mrs Smiley. Riff has started the official countdown for the shows at our house.
    Zappa99 you are totally remarkable! This is a greatly missed live rendition of Peaches En Regalia to my ears! Another incredible donation that is fantastic. This generosity has inspired me to dig a bit deeper and work a bit harder for this great cause. Thanks.

• Options
    some new updates to share:

1) new raffle item just came in and even further proof that the Target/Backspacer marriage is a good thing:

$25 Target Gift Card donated by the Mount Laurel, NJ Target

2) I moved some of the higher valued posters to be auctions. Please see the original posting
  • Options
    Woo hoo! Count me in for the Halloween party!
    -Pete