**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    I'd go back to the old way of camping in line at the venue overnight to get in line for box office tickets if it meant we got shows down here. Play the south!

In 98 I remember staying up all night outside the Dillard's where the Ticketmaster sales place was for the Dallas 98 show. Although I was 18 then and didn't have a care in the world but I'd gladly do that again for a South tour!

Exactly. See our desperation here?? We need shows in the south!
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Alright, after all the excitement the last 3 days and the 1000's of members coming out of the woodwork to create their own thread about every possible complaint they may have with 10C's ticketing system, let's get back to what's important here...

TOUR THE SOUTH!

indeed.

Now, let's pretend PJ announced a 12-14 date tour of the Sun Belt.

Would 10C tickets have the same problems as this week?

Exactly. People can blame the system all they want, but it's simple really, if there were more shows to pick from, there would not be so many people trying for one particular show. Play the south - hell, just TOUR PJ
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    I'd go back to the old way of camping in line at the venue overnight to get in line for box office tickets if it meant we got shows down here. Play the south!

In 98 I remember staying up all night outside the Dillard's where the Ticketmaster sales place was for the Dallas 98 show. Although I was 18 then and didn't have a care in the world but I'd gladly do that again for a South tour!

I miss those days - it was a lot of fun to get to hang out with fellow fans for a few hours. You got to make a lot of friends that way.

And you can't tell me the same people who would take a day off work to sit in front of a computer for nine hours hitting F5 wouldn't rather spend that time hanging out with real people if it meant an easier ticket buying process.

I miss the 90s :)
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    If they would just play more than 10 shows a year, maybe this wouldn't happen. But ever since 2003, this has been the way. Short Canada tour, short South America tour, Avocado tour where a lot of the dates were as the opening act and plenty overseas, a couple of shows in 2007, mini-tour 2008, Backspacer JOKE of a tour in 2009, 2010 mini-tour and now this.

I love Pearl Jam to death and I am excited as hell about PJ20, but come on. Break out a real tour for once.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Texas please
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

• ponytdponytd Posts: 654
    I remember standing in line for the Murfreesboro show in 94 at like 5 in the morning when I was 16. They sold out before I got tickets and it sucked. But the day of the show, they opened up like 500 more tickets on the side of the stage and I was able to get some and all was right. I don't know how many concerts I use to get up at 4am for to stand in line and buy tickets. Those were the good ole days. And with that being said, come back to the South!
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Alright, after all the excitement the last 3 days and the 1000's of members coming out of the woodwork to create their own thread about every possible complaint they may have with 10C's ticketing system, let's get back to what's important here...

TOUR THE SOUTH!

indeed.

No problems for me... aprart from 5 hours of my time wasted...

I scored tickets to all the shows I wanted - Toronto x 2, Ottawa, and hamilton - and then managed to log into my buddies account and score tickets for him for ottawa (the poor guy was at work trying to do it from his phone - he's one of those people that only comes around tour time ;) )

But to answer your questions:

for the major centers like Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, WPB, Raliegh, Memphis... I think so.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    shep wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:

TOUR THE SOUTH!

indeed.

No problems for me... aprart from 5 hours of my time wasted...

I scored tickets to all the shows I wanted - Toronto x 2, Ottawa, and hamilton - and then managed to log into my buddies account and score tickets for him for ottawa (the poor guy was at work trying to do it from his phone - he's one of those people that only comes around tour time ;) )

But to answer your questions:

for the major centers like Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, WPB, Raliegh, Memphis... I think so.

I do, too. The problem would come not from them playing the south but from there only being 12-14 shows. Short tours = not enough tickets to go around.

PLAY THE SOUTH!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    cajunkiwi wrote:

I miss those days - it was a lot of fun to get to hang out with fellow fans for a few hours. You got to make a lot of friends that way.

And you can't tell me the same people who would take a day off work to sit in front of a computer for nine hours hitting F5 wouldn't rather spend that time hanging out with real people if it meant an easier ticket buying process.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Shit I remember that year. Shit I just graduated H.S. 1993 I know they toured since then, but damn it sure fells like its been that long! That was a long time ago me and my buddies stood in line all night, and as more and more people showed up. It became a party in town east mall parking lot, singing songs just waiting for them to open that window. Thanks for reminding of that night, I had long forgotten u just made my day since I didn't get tickets. but i said i wouldn't bitch and I am not. They had better make it up to us by
    TOURING THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    until next time......
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    love-4.jpgPlease . . . play the South
    play the south

Flagg wrote:
    If they would just play more than 10 shows a year, maybe this wouldn't happen. But ever since 2003, this has been the way. Short Canada tour, short South America tour, Avocado tour where a lot of the dates were as the opening act and plenty overseas, a couple of shows in 2007, mini-tour 2008, Backspacer JOKE of a tour in 2009, 2010 mini-tour and now this.

I love Pearl Jam to death and I am excited as hell about PJ20, but come on. Break out a real tour for once.
    exactly - the on;y way to make everyone happy is to actually TOUR
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

agree whole-heartedly

A proper 30-35 date swing through North America would solve the sky-high ticket demand amongst 10C members.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    LukinFan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

100% agree. Pretty sure Eddie will have played more shows solo this year than the whole band has played together in any single year since 2006.

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Play the South
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

agree whole-heartedly

A proper 30-35 date swing through North America would solve the sky-high ticket demand amongst 10C members.

Agree, except for the northeast ;) . The demand will still be enough to overload the servers in that area..

This 10-date tour thing has to give... it's what's causing all this heartache from so many people...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    Agree, except for the northeast ;) . The demand will still be enough to overload the servers in that area..

This 10-date tour thing has to give... it's what's causing all this heartache from so many people...
    I really do not think it will be too bad. I got MSG2 tickets last year pretty easily and the year before I got a friend Philly 3 and 4 tickets real easily. With more shows in the US (not only in the NE) not as many people woulf have to travel as far to get to shows, which in result more locals will get to go to shows.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548
    I'd stand in line too..buying on the computer always makes me anxious that I won't get the tix before the scalpers grab them all...and West Palm is always a packed house when they come..come tour the south, my bestie can't go to Wisconsin..please!!!
    Standing in line at the venue to buy tickets is all great and everything for the locals, but what about people like me that have never driven less than 4 hours for a PJ show - most of the time it's farther than that.

They just need to announce more shows and actually tour - like most bands
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

tour the south

the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

houston

• dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    south florida
    las-vegas.jpg

Vegas would be sweet 8-)

PLAY VEGAS! 8-)
    pandora wrote:
    las-vegas.jpg

Vegas would be sweet 8-)

PLAY VEGAS! 8-)

THIS!

please tour the south

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    play the south
    We are apart of America too!

Please .....

PLAY THE SOUTH! flag_smiley.gif
    VIVA LA SOUTH!

tour the south