**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759
    PLAY THE SOUTH!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Make us Happy_45EW3F.gif play the South!666.gif
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    While I am in the South... PLAY IT!!!

You have 5 days
    GoiMTvP.gif
    PLAY THE SOUTH!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    While I am in the South... PLAY IT!!!

You have 5 days
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    PLAY THE SOUTH!

PLEASE??? :eh:

Keeping it on page #1! :D
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    I read where Mike McCready recently said that there will be some touring "toward the end of the year".

What if--and I'm sure it's a big IF--those clowns actually scheduled PJ20 somewhere in the Sun Belt because of weather concerns or season or time of year? Would that help ease our anxiety a bit? ;)

I think they should schedule it in some really wide open space in South Florida. Way down on the tip of the Florida Peninsula in November. That would ensure that nearly EVERYONE in the US would have to travel great distances to get there.

Then, after PJ fans nationwide spend truck-loads of cash & credit to get to Florida in late autumn, they could announce a little 10-city tour of the southland just to piss us all off for committing to The Weekend.

It would be great, I tell ya!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    I read where Mike McCready recently said that there will be some touring "toward the end of the year".

What if--and I'm sure it's a big IF--those clowns actually scheduled PJ20 somewhere in the Sun Belt because of weather concerns or season or time of year? Would that help ease our anxiety a bit? ;)

I think they should schedule it in some really wide open space in South Florida. Way down on the tip of the Florida Peninsula in November. That would ensure that nearly EVERYONE in the US would have to travel great distances to get there.

Then, after PJ fans nationwide spend truck-loads of cash & credit to get to Florida in late autumn, they could announce a little 10-city tour of the southland just to piss us all off for committing to The Weekend.

Lots of big, open spaces in Texas ;).... and not anywhere near as high a chance of a hurricane... just sayin ;)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PJ20.....4 night stand at the Fox Theatre Atlanta! :mrgreen:

Come on down for a little Southern hospitality!!!smilie_girl_204.gif
    rhinomagic wrote:

I LOVE it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Texas

Yeah, Dallas especially. Last time they played here was '03 and to tell the truth I was not that impressed with the show, the setlist was pretty generic. I had a great time, but I would hate for it to be my last PJ show, if it weren't for the fact that I was there I probably wouldn't have even bought the bootleg. Although the Daughter tag was pretty amusing when Ed did the "Give Me an A" thing, spelling out A-L-L-A-S then tacked the D in on the end and said he didn't know how to spell, followed by the "Of The Girl" tag. And the WMD envelope thing was pretty funny. Plus we got one of the 9 "Arc" performances. But of all the shows I have been to it was my least favorite.

I considered going down when they played Austin City Limits, but I couldn't really get myself to go down there. I assumed with it being a festival the set would be short, but it turned out an average length set, so in hindsight I should have gone down there.

Yep, it's been way too long. I didn't find Dallas '03 generic though. Alive opener, Brain of J, Daughter as you mentioned with the cool tags, I Got ID, Blood, an amazingly long Crazy Mary, Arc. And HABIT was on the setlist, but they skipped it! That would have been great to hear. I liked that show a lot.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    PLAY THE SOUTH

AN if they Play TX i Think it should be San Antone Sunken Gardens in San Antone,

http://files.texaspsychedelicrock.com/u ... 726265.jpg

http://www.southtexasrockfest.com/artic ... arden3.jpg

an the grass goes back for a bit then there's a huge rock wall surrounding it think like at least 50ty high

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Lots of big, open spaces in Texas ;).... and not anywhere near as high a chance of a hurricane... just sayin ;)

indeed. I'd travel to Texas for PJ20. I'm going, regardless of Place/Date, but I WOULD go to Texas for it.

By the way, I drove through Hurricane Josephine to get to a PJ show in 1996. True story.

You know where that show was? The South.

We're hardcore down here, PJ.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    PLAY THE SOUTH

AN if they Play TX i Think it should be San Antone Sunken Gardens in San Antone,

an the grass goes back for a bit then there's a huge rock wall surrounding it think like at least 50ty high

That is a cool ass venue. I'd drive over to San Anton to see a show there for sure. No hesitation.
    rhinomagic wrote:

indeed. I'd travel to Texas for PJ20. I'm going, regardless of Place/Date, but I WOULD go to Texas for it.

By the way, I drove through Hurricane Josephine to get to a PJ show in 1996. True story.

Don't worry, we'll shame them into it yet. We've got about 10 people right now working to keep this thread on the first page... We'll annoy someone enough soon... :twisted:

PLAY THE SOUTH!
    rhinomagic wrote:

I'd travel to Texas for PJ20 as well. Alpine Valley - not so much.

And I drive through that Hurricane for my 1st PJ show too :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    PLAY THE SOUTH

That is a cool ass venue. I'd drive over to San Anton to see a show there for sure. No hesitation.
    rhinomagic wrote:

Don't worry, we'll shame them into it yet. We've got about 10 people right now working to keep this thread on the first page... We'll annoy someone enough soon... :twisted:

PLAY THE SOUTH!

I Think it is the best venue in TX

PLAY THE SOUTH
    I've never heard of it befor you showed me these pictures today, but now I'm going to be looking for a show there... it looks awesome...

Any idea what kind of shows typically pass through?

I've never seen it mentioned on the Live Nation email for San Antonio/Austin - who manages the venue?

PLAY THE SOUTH!
  • shep wrote:
    I've never heard of it befor you showed me these pictures today, but now I'm going to be looking for a show there... it looks awesome...

Any idea what kind of shows typically pass through?

I've never seen it mentioned on the Live Nation email for San Antonio/Austin - who manages the venue?

PLAY THE SOUTH!
    While I would love a local show for me, Sunken Gardens is entirely too small of a venue for a band of this magnitude. Not sure who manages the venue (I think the city does), but I haven't been to a show there in a few years.. but it holds no more than 5 or 6k people.
    LukinFan wrote:
    PJ - remember how much fun you had in the south?

PJ-Atl.jpg

Atlanta fuckin 2003!! :shock:
    play the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

play the south
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

PLAY THE SOUTH!
    shep wrote:
    PLAY THE SOUTH!
    Texas please 8-)

• AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Is this thread useless?? Im begining to think so... ATLANTA!!!!
    Texas please 8-)

Probably, but at the very least if we bump it long enough they might start to feel guilty.... maybe....
    shep wrote:
    Texas please 8-)

Probably, but at the very least if we bump it long enough they might start to feel guilty.... maybe....
    if we continue to keep this on the first page (like we did back in 2008 in the original Play the South thread) - we will get some shows.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• AmantriaAmantria Posts: 374
    I'll gladly help keep this front page! I moved from NYC to FL recently and overall I'm really happy here. However, I need to experience Pearl Jam and/or Ed solo here in the Tampa Bay area!!! Please please please I'm begging!
    Its good to be back!!
    we miss you.

love,
    the south

• Texas please 8-)
    +1