Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659

AUSTIN!!

Austin gets enough shows...

I say Houston!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    shep said:

AUSTIN!!

Austin gets enough shows...

I say Houston!
    I'm gonna have to second that!!

(just know that secretly I will gladly drive to Austin to see the fellas though)
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    lazloblue said:

I'm gonna have to second that!!

(just know that secretly I will gladly drive to Austin to see the fellas though)

[-X

don't tell them that...

then we'll never get a show... I have already driven to Austin twice and Dallas once for the boys in the last 6 years... I want a show that ends with me in my own bed.

Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    LOUISVILLE

Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    LOUISVILLE

I AM MINE
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    shep said:

H-town!

imageimage

and we've got a great international aiirport wiht direct flights to many places in the world making Houston a great destination

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

shep said:

H-town!

imageimage

and we've got a great international aiirport wiht direct flights to many places in the world making Houston a great destination

i don't know that i'd call it a "great" airport since united took over all the continental business... but it certainly is international... and it is definitely the United "jump-off" point for South America ;);)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    shep said:

callen said:

shep said:

H-town! Lots of direct flights.

imageimage

i don't know that i'd call it a "great" airport since united took over all the continental business... but it certainly is international... and it is definitely the United "jump-off" point for South America ;);)
    Still lots of direct flights and IAH is close to that wonderful outdoor venue at the woodlands. HA!!

:O)
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    callen said:

shep said:

callen said:

shep said:

imageimage

Still lots of direct flights and IAH is close to that wonderful outdoor venue at the woodlands. HA!!

I'm going to point this out just for badness:

IAH to Toyota Center - 20.4 miles
    IAH to Woodlands Pavallion - 23.7 miles

Check your google maps if you don't believe me.

Further proof that the woodlands really is in the middle of but-fuck nowhere.

When I become a citizen of the US, I'm going to run for mayor of Houston with the campaign slogan: "Move our Ampitheather to civilization!"

• Options
    edited February 2014
    shep said:

callen said:

shep said:

callen said:

shep said:

imageimage

I'm going to point this out just for badness:

IAH to Toyota Center - 20.4 miles
    IAH to Woodlands Pavallion - 23.7 miles

Check your google maps if you don't believe me.

Further proof that the woodlands really is in the middle of but-fuck nowhere.

When I become a citizen of the US, I'm going to run for mayor of Houston with the campaign slogan: "Move our Ampitheather to civilization!"

Oh ah ah ah.

Well some campaign advice. May want to consider switching teams to garner enough votes to win.

8-X

Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    callen said:

Oh ah ah ah.

Well some campaign advice. May want to consider switching teams to garner enough votes to win.

8-X

lol... I don't think my fiance would be too happy about that...

on a side note: anyone else in Houston going to see QOTSA on Sunday night?.... I cannot fucking wait.... 4th time in the last 6 months, and I am still pumped.
  • Options

LOUISVILLE

I AM MINE
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    Florida, please?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I'll take anywhere in TX honestly!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738

I'll take anywhere in TX honestly!

This!!!!!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    West Palm or a return to Midtown Music Fest in Hotlanta would be great.
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

Florida, please?

Congrats on being published Lukin fan.Best of luck.Is it true James Earl Jones is the father?sorry if I gave away the big finish.lol

• Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,517
    imageimage
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    imageimage
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    pumped for queens in two nights in Houston! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millionaire Has been playing in my head on repeat all week in anticipation....

And Jermaine Rodgers sent out a sneak peak of a new print of his for the show...

fucking pumped....
  • Options
    Play the South
    Play ATL
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    Djklambake,Im checking with the proper authorities , but Im pretty sure we will have to deny your last post as this is for Southern bitching ang groaning Only.The Desert Southwest wine about the tour thread is on another page and I think You lucky folks got a Show this tour,soooo feel free to demand a show in The lovely tropical paradise that is South Florida and you will be all good.:)
  • Options
    sunday morning coffee bump.... can't wait to go see josh and the boys tonight here in h-town!
  • Options
    shep said:

sunday morning coffee bump.... can't wait to go see josh and the boys tonight here in h-town!

Saw them in Miami on Wednesday. They were phenomenal! Hope you enjoy the show.

• Options
    rr165892 said:

Djklambake,Im checking with the proper authorities , but Im pretty sure we will have to deny your last post as this is for Southern bitching ang groaning Only.The Desert Southwest wine about the tour thread is on another page and I think You lucky folks got a Show this tour,soooo feel free to demand a show in The lovely tropical paradise that is South Florida and you will be all good.:)

LOL... Ok, but if FLA gets a show and I fly out for it, may I stay with you please?
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options

shep said:

Saw them in Miami on Wednesday. They were phenomenal! Hope you enjoy the show.

Anyone who doesn't enjoy that show is crazy...

And got a super awesome print to go with it....

love me some qotsa!
  • Options

rr165892 said:

LOL... Ok, but if FLA gets a show and I fly out for it, may I stay with you please?
    Ya know,I am an empty nester of late so I may start sub letting out the little money suckers rooms upstairs to supplement my travel to concert/festival slush fund. large amounts of Cold Goose Island 312 Beer will also work.

.When we get our Next show in West Palm the party is on at the outside tiki bar at Cruzan Amphitheatre VIP area.So just show up at the bar.Southern hospitality awaits.
  • Options
    H-Town 2014!!
  • Options
    Hump day South Florida bump
  • Options
    So I guess we're all pining away for a fall tour announcement….. hope they hold off and don't announce for a few months. Have to use my $$$ on other shows for the time being… :D