St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTQf3md3yKpjk5ygFLDCrEWbaKLWJDOYJoxaGBtnHPvYtw_TM01A

LOUISVILLE
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Sunday Morning bump for the South.

Bagels,Beer,Running Dogs and the Beach!!
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    Please play Charlotte....oh wait... :D
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    iisee wrote:
    Please play Charlotte....oh wait... :D

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    checking in from the east coast of canada...

all you people in texas hold down the fort for me until i get back next week. ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    riotgrl wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTQf3md3yKpjk5ygFLDCrEWbaKLWJDOYJoxaGBtnHPvYtw_TM01A

LOUISVILLE

Yes
    Please
    YUM Center
    It's been over 19 years

They played Lexington in 2004, but that's about a 75 minute drive, and clearly a different metro area

Name another city of similar size or larger that hasn't seen a show in that long? Let's say within an hour's drive.

Jacksonville is about the only one I can come up with.

I would argue Jacksonville and Louisville are the two most ignored cities by the band. Unfortunately for me, I live in one of them...
  • Options
    Just some more southern Florida love.
    I think we may have a new resident in Mr. Chris Cornell.I saw a bunch of pics of him at Heat Championship games and just this week he posted pics of he and his frolicking in the aqua waters of South Beach. Spending a lot of time here in our little slice of paradise.Anyone know for sure?
    So this bump is for a Temple of The Dog set in West Palm Beach this spring with CC joining the boys on stage.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    shep wrote:
    Just heard on FB that there's talks of San Antonio, Houston & Austin.
    Still heresay at this point, but Dallas was a rumour (or strong suggestion from us!) for awhile before our dreams came true. I'm gonna go ahead and get stoked for it. :corn:

Looks like I'm going to wind up at that hated facility in the Woodlands... :fp: .... oh well.... A trip to Exxon Mobile City is ok every once in a while a guess...

BTW, :wave: all... busy with work, and just had a boys weekend at Lollapalooza in Chicago.... haven't had much time lately to check in...

have I missed anything?
    Shep:
    With all due respect, have seen hundreds of concerts in every conceivable type of facility. Have been to couple dozen shows in The Woodlands and though the acoustics can’t match that of a theatre, it’s not any worse than the freakin Toyota Center, Alpine, MSG, Gorge or many other places that PJ plays. If you’re in decent seats at the Woodlands it actually sounds good, can clearly identify each member of a band. Hell saw Black Sabbath and they sounded really good (Ozzy showed his age but..). Thanks to my girl for getting stellar seats.
    Also not looking for perfect sound anyway..its a concert..and the vibe and ambience is more important..and being under the stars does that for me. Also hear comments about the staff at the event. Not being one of the drunk douches that goes to concerts to get wasted, appreciate how the staff takes care of business. You won’t have to worry about some drunk prick ruining your day cause the staff will take care of them. Actually complimented staff on my last visit. Finally driving into Downtown Houston, paying for parking, getting accosted by homeless people going to venue and cooped up in stuffy building is no fun. Don’t have to worry about my car either. You’re in Texas...we have no public transportation....we drive here, it’s not a big deal.
    Peace
    Callen
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,652
    Austin and Houston 2014!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Austin and Houston 2014!

:clap::clap:
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    lazloblue wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Austin and Houston 2014!

:clap::clap:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Austin and Houston 2014!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Triple Threat: Austin, Houston, San Antonio!
    C'mon boys - lets do this Texas 2014 thing right! :)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
  • Options

Agree!! :clap:
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    ATL
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 458
    lazloblue wrote:

Agree!! :clap:

I don't see them playing both austin and San Antonio, they are too close. But, lets hope for Houston and one of the other two in the spring -- preferably austin!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,029
    Tour Florida
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Glad they're back in Phoenix in November, but still rooting for more in the South and Southwest next year.
    Here's all the information you need if you're making the trip to Phx:

Sat, Nov 16 Vitalogy Pre-Party at Last Exit Live benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
    https://www.facebook.com/events/424773880974710/

Tue, Nov 19 Wishlist Pre-Party at McFadden's benefiting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
    https://www.facebook.com/events/691085430906647/

Wed-Mon, Nov 25 Road Trip: Dirty Franking from PHX to SoCal shows
    https://www.facebook.com/events/150733625122020/

Thanks to Last Exit Live, Vitalogy, and McFadden's for making it possible to hold these events and raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Please consider donating goods, services or funds to the pre-party. I will be posting donation drop-off happy hours leading up to the events.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Just heard on FB that there's talks of San Antonio, Houston & Austin.
    Still heresay at this point, but Dallas was a rumour (or strong suggestion from us!) for awhile before our dreams came true. I'm gonna go ahead and get stoked for it. :corn:

Looks like I'm going to wind up at that hated facility in the Woodlands... :fp: .... oh well.... A trip to Exxon Mobile City is ok every once in a while a guess...

BTW, :wave: all... busy with work, and just had a boys weekend at Lollapalooza in Chicago.... haven't had much time lately to check in...

have I missed anything?
    Shep:
    With all due respect, have seen hundreds of concerts in every conceivable type of facility. Have been to couple dozen shows in The Woodlands and though the acoustics can’t match that of a theatre, it’s not any worse than the freakin Toyota Center, Alpine, MSG, Gorge or many other places that PJ plays. If you’re in decent seats at the Woodlands it actually sounds good, can clearly identify each member of a band. Hell saw Black Sabbath and they sounded really good (Ozzy showed his age but..). Thanks to my girl for getting stellar seats.
    Also not looking for perfect sound anyway..its a concert..and the vibe and ambience is more important..and being under the stars does that for me. Also hear comments about the staff at the event. Not being one of the drunk douches that goes to concerts to get wasted, appreciate how the staff takes care of business. You won’t have to worry about some drunk prick ruining your day cause the staff will take care of them. Actually complimented staff on my last visit. Finally driving into Downtown Houston, paying for parking, getting accosted by homeless people going to venue and cooped up in stuffy building is no fun. Don’t have to worry about my car either. You’re in Texas...we have no public transportation....we drive here, it’s not a big deal.
    Peace
    Callen

With all due respect:

I very much doubt you've been to any more venues/shows than I have.... I was doing a count there a little while ago... The fiance bought me a ticket album (as I keep all my stubs).... I filled up a 120 stub album on the spot and still probably have enough to fill another...

Anyway, I will agree with you that the sound at the woodlands is passable, as long as you are under the tent and not all the way back in the upper sections.... the sound on the lawn is terrible...

however, between that fact and all the obstructed views, and lack of washrooms... it is not my favorite ampitheater.... if you ever have the chance, see a show at the Molson Amp in Toronto, and you'll see what an excellent outdoor venue should sound and look it.

All the reasons you mention above for hating on the toyota center are why I hate on the woodlands. In traffic, it can be a 2 hr drive from downtown. I always wind up parking in the mall parking lot and have a mile walk to the show.... getting out of there afterwards is always a traffic nightmare, and I have to be mindful of the drinks I have, as I have to drive back to downtown afterwards.... Toyota on the other hand, I don't have to worry about driving as my house is a $12 cab ride away, plus there's all kinds of places along the way to have a drink and a meal.... where as at the woodlands if you're not sitting and ordering food by 5, you're not getting a spot at goose's acre, baker street, etc etc....

anyway... whatever, you're not going to convince me, and i'm not going to convince you. it's fine, it's all about our homestead location (though I would argue that on a per seat basis more people get better sound at toyota).

I will still be at the woodlands for PJ... regardless.... :sigh:.... skipped sabbath though, as I just couldn't handle the thursday night trek for a band I saw last year (even though I definitely would have went again if it was at toyota).... that's all i'm trying to say...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Have been to Molson. Is a great place to see a show and made me realize why pj goes to Canada so often, Canadians fkn rock.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Sunday AM bump

Florida 2014
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Capstoner wrote:
    ATL
    ummm...yeah

I like how you think
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    Hello from TEXAS!!
  • Options
    PJ radio is playing the West Palm Beach 4-11-03 right now.Great sounding show with a super bad ass set list.check it out.
    Right now
  • Options
    lazloblue wrote:
    Hello from TEXAS!!
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Monday bump for a Southern Leg 2014!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    ratonesratones Posts: 162
    LukinFan wrote:
    Tour Florida

+1
  • Options
    :wave: