2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Gulf coast state tour... start in florida and make your way around. Maybe even wind up in Mexico...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shameless bump.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    Eddie, Austin please?

I'd love to see you at Stubbs.

Come on, I'll even buy you a beer. 8-)
    The south is nice this time of year, not too hot, spring's well under way...

You guys should com hang out! BP got fleeced by the US government for so much money that the gulf is actually cleaner than it's ever been! Plus we don't seem to be allowed to drill anymore, so it should remain pretty! :roll:
    C'mon fellow people from the south, help me out here! I don't need to pad my post stats this much! :shock:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    shep wrote:
    C'mon fellow people from the south, help me out here! I don't need to pad my post stats this much! :shock:
    PLAY THE SOUTH

FL
    TX
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    So, how about the south?
  • luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    NC bump ... 7 years & counting ...
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    WordPress-Smiley-Faces-Codes.jpg
    the little red guy lives in the South....

Please bring the smiles back soon! smilie_girl_204.gif
    It has been almost eight years since PJ played in what is now the 3rd biggest city in the nation...

Kinda seems like a bit of a joke doesn't it?

Houston needs some love!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    It's truly beautiful down here. And, besides, the people are friendly too!!
    lightbulb.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    lightbulb.jpg
    the weather is beautiful today in FL!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Surely the massive crowd that came to see them at Jazz Fest last year tells you something - we're not all inbred hicks who only like music with a fiddle and a twang. More shows in the South! They could sell out Houston in minutes!
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    Surely the massive crowd that came to see them at Jazz Fest last year tells you something - we're not all inbred hicks who only like music with a fiddle and a twang. More shows in the South! They could sell out Houston in minutes!

Houston would be rabid for a PJ show.... No problem what-so-ever to sell it out. I mean, every other major band comes through this city, there is no reason PJ can't. And there's 3 other major metropolitan areas with a 4 hour drive (San Antone, Dallas, and Austin)... no reason you can't tour through here...

That being said, I do enjoy music with a fiddle and a twang too ;)
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    I really wished I could had made it to this show - it was either JazzFest or MSG2. Couldn't afford both
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    bananes.gif

S .O. U. T. H !! :D
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    shep wrote:
    cajunkiwi wrote:

Houston would be rabid for a PJ show.... No problem what-so-ever to sell it out. I mean, every other major band comes through this city, there is no reason PJ can't. And there's 3 other major metropolitan areas with a 4 hour drive (San Antone, Dallas, and Austin)... no reason you can't tour through here...

That being said, I do enjoy music with a fiddle and a twang too ;)

Agree! I've driven the 3+ hours to Houston for a PJ show before and would gladly do it again! Lots of great people and fans there that would love to watch PJ play very soon.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,407
    LukinFan wrote:
    justam wrote:
    lightbulb.jpg
    the weather is beautiful today in FL!

Yes, it is! :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Just bought tickets to two Foo Fighter shows, one in Memphis and one in Little Rock. I don't think I'll hold my breath for PJ to do something like that anytime soon. However, I probably blew all of my PJ funds on this, but oh well, I love the FF. I know I won't be disappointed and I don't have to drive ten hours to make the show.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • BettrMan21BettrMan21 Posts: 278
    2003 was the last time Pearl Jam played Atlanta and Nashville. 8 years ago in April. Come on...honestly??
    BettrMan21 wrote:
    2003 was the last time Pearl Jam played Atlanta and Nashville. 8 years ago in April. Come on...honestly??

It's unbelievable to tell you the truth. No other band that tours the united states ignores one of the biggest markets the country has to offer like this band is doing.

It's been 8 years since they've played a show in the 3rd biggest city in the country!!!!! How nutz is that???
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    shep wrote:
    BettrMan21 wrote:

It's unbelievable to tell you the truth. No other band that tours the united states ignores one of the biggest markets the country has to offer like this band is doing.

It's been 8 years since they've played a show in the 3rd biggest city in the country!!!!! How nutz is that???

it's been 3 years since they played chicago?

weird, I was just at the united center for 2 shows. I thought it was chicago. I must have been bombed

'08 WPB crowd ruined the south. that was like being at a zombie fest

that said, I hope you guys get some shows...It's been a while. Road trips are awesome
    The Fixer wrote:
    shep wrote:
    BettrMan21 wrote:

it's been 3 years since they played chicago?

weird, I was just at the united center for 2 shows. I thought it was chicago. I must have been bombed

'08 WPB crowd ruined the south. that was like being at a zombie fest

that said, I hope you guys get some shows...It's been a while. Road trips are awesome

whether the nation wants to admit it or not, Houston is now the 3rd biggest city in the country. There are over 7 million people here (4 in the DT core) that they can officially count... the problem is that there's another 2-3 million illegal immigrants that will refuse to answer any census....

Chicago can argue all it wants, Houston is bigger.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    shep wrote:

whether the nation wants to admit it or not, Houston is now the 3rd biggest city in the country. There are over 7 million people here (4 in the DT core) that they can officially count... the problem is that there's another 2-3 million illegal immigrants that will refuse to answer any census....

Chicago can argue all it wants, Houston is bigger.

this shit is almost as bad as calling jacksonville the biggest city in florida.

these places aren't really cities...they're sprawling wastelands that are next to impossible to navigate. the lack of public transit speaks volumes

houston can't hold chicago's jock
    FL
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

The Fixer wrote:

this shit is almost as bad as calling jacksonville the biggest city in florida.

these places aren't really cities...they're sprawling wastelands that are next to impossible to navigate. the lack of public transit speaks volumes

houston can't hold chicago's jock

Say what you want about the lack of a public transit, I completely agree with you. Same for the lack of "city" feel. There are a lot of things I don't like about this place, but I need a job, and Houston had one for me that pays well.

However, it is definitely not impossible to navigate, Houston is very well laid out and planned, unlike most major US cities. And it doesn't matter if you consider this place a "wasteland", that doesn't change the fact that there are more people here than there are in Chicago.

but back to the point..... PLAY THE SOUTH!
    bump