**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• ParachuteParachute Posts: 409
    Play The South!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Flagg wrote:
    Not upset about it, just like I wasn't upset about Canada. We knew well in advance these were coming and weren't going to include any kind of US dates.

Regardless, I am thinking PJ20 may be my last hurrah. I am very very grateful I got tickets and travel arranged and will have the best time. After that, starting not to care anymore.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night. It's just hard to continue being into this band knowing they don't give a shit about a large portion of their usa fanbase just because of where they live. Especially when there's so much other great music we can see in our own cities. I'm also losing the motivation to post in this thread anymore as I don't think it serves a purpose because I feel like the band and their touring manager just don't care.

I mean, it's just hard for me to wrap my head around them playing much smaller markets multiple times since 03 and yet no visits to Dallas, ATL, Houston, etc...
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    DS1119 wrote:
    I feel for the southern part of the US for this but at this point I think it's pretty obvious the band has no intentions of touring there anytime soon if not ever.

I'm starting to be apathetic about it all. I just wish they could give us a reason, rather than continuously skipping an entire region. After PJ20, I think I'm done.

I feel like I'm done with them for a while too. They have given us a reason by their silence and refusal to play here (unless its a big payout festival). They simply do not want to.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Better Dan wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    I feel for the southern part of the US for this but at this point I think it's pretty obvious the band has no intentions of touring there anytime soon if not ever.

I'm starting to be apathetic about it all. I just wish they could give us a reason, rather than continuously skipping an entire region. After PJ20, I think I'm done.

I feel like I'm done with them for a while too. They have given us a reason by their silence and refusal to play here (unless its a big payout festival). They simply do not want to.

Can't say I blame anyone... I had a similar feeling after the Canadian Tour annoucement... I was completely gutted. Just give it a rest and see if it starts to feel better... If you're anything like me, after week or so I was starting to miss posting in this place.... I decided I'm not going to take it personally anymore...

I also decided after I do a little Southern Ontario tour in the fall, that's it for me traveling to see this band (with the exception of maybe the Gorge because I've always wanted to visit that place - although Sasquatch isn't a bad alternative either).... I've spent too much money since 2008 chasing this band around... Justified spending too much money on trips to places I'd already been to in order to see this band... 2011 is it for me, if they don't tour where I live (which is a city with a measley 7 million people) I'm going to start spending my vacation time and money on places I want to go, not places pearl jam wants to tour....

Enough is enough.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    See I've been the opposite. I spent the last few years working in an inflexible job and going to grad school at nights so had little money and free time to travel. I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't seen them since the Little Rock 2003 show. The only way I could have gone to a PJ show the last few years is if they played in Dallas. Now that I'm done with school and have a much better job, I hope to travel to a few places like Seattle, the Gorge, NY, etc to not only catch the band, but be able to have a real vacation for the first time in a long time. I'd love to be able to go to Costa Rica or something this November, although that looks unlikely.

My point is, I'm still going to support the music because it means so much, and I'll just keep pushing and hoping for a few dates thrown our way next year and try to make up for the many years of lost shows!
    See I've been the opposite. I spent the last few years working in an inflexible job and going to grad school at nights so had little money and free time to travel. I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't seen them since the Little Rock 2003 show. The only way I could have gone to a PJ show the last few years is if they played in Dallas. Now that I'm done with school and have a much better job, I hope to travel to a few places like Seattle, the Gorge, NY, etc to not only catch the band, but be able to have a real vacation for the first time in a long time. I'd love to be able to go to Costa Rica or something this November, although that looks unlikely.

My point is, I'm still going to support the music because it means so much, and I'll just keep pushing and hoping for a few dates thrown our way next year and try to make up for the many years of lost shows!

Don't get me wrong, I'll still support the music, and I'll still listen to the new stuff and love the old stuff, but my hard earned dollars are not going to be spent chasing a band that clearly could care less about whether or not I'm listening.

I mean, it's not like I still like in St. John's, Newfoundland (a city with a population of 250k) and I'm begging them to come back... I live in Houston, Texas, a city with almost 7 million people a choice of venues both indoors and out that can house anywhere from 1600 to 76,000 people.... I don't think it's a lot to ask to pass through this huge market as often as say, Toronto - a city with approximately the same population - that has had 6 shows (atleast?) since that last time Pearl Jam has played here.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    shep wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I'll still support the music, and I'll still listen to the new stuff and love the old stuff, but my hard earned dollars are not going to be spent chasing a band that clearly could care less about whether or not I'm listening.

I mean, it's not like I still like in St. John's, Newfoundland (a city with a population of 250k) and I'm begging them to come back... I live in Houston, Texas, a city with almost 7 million people a choice of venues both indoors and out that can house anywhere from 1600 to 76,000 people.... I don't think it's a lot to ask to pass through this huge market as often as say, Toronto - a city with approximately the same population.

Agree 100% with you. I mean in 2000 they did play 2 shows in The Woodlands which means at one point they recognized the size of that market, it's frustrating them not returning to a city as large as either of ours.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    thSpin_it_good_by_Droneguard.gifthSpin_it_good_by_Droneguard.gifthSpin_it_good_by_Droneguard.gifthSpin_it_good_by_Droneguard.gif

the waiting drove us mad!

you're still not here and we're a mess ...

but we'll never take your entrance back

come roam inside our heads! :mrgreen:
  • pandora wrote:
    thSpin_it_good_by_Droneguard.gifthSpin_it_good_by_Droneguard.gifthSpin_it_good_by_Droneguard.gifthSpin_it_good_by_Droneguard.gif

:thumbup:

I always enjoy your post!
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    pandora wrote:

Thank you!

I always enjoy your viewpoint and words you share
    and I am glad you are here Cradles Broken Glass :D

Please come share the love Pearl Jam...

Tour the Beautiful South! :mrgreen:
  • pandora wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Thank you!

I always enjoy your viewpoint and words you share
    and I am glad you are here Cradles Broken Glass :D

Please come share the love Pearl Jam...

Tour the Beautiful South! :mrgreen:

Thank you! Agreed, there is a reason it is called southern hospitality and there are lots of nice southern girls like Pandora and myself!
    fade away...

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I am organizing a protest by Southern USA fans. I think a mass exit from the fan club will induce the band to tour the south. Here is my idea:

Any fan club member with a number less than 165xxx (just picking a number out of thin air, no clue how I came up with this number) should let their membership lapse, especially members that travel to shows up north. I think this is a wonderful idea, and maybe some other non-south fans with fan club numbers under 165xxx should do the same in solidarity.
    It is a good idea.But we will get some shows sooner or later.I am out of it though I am 145xxx. :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I think I should close this thread a do a Tour the Southern Usa thread. :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • stoneg wrote:

You can't change the title of this one?
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    Please come back

Play ATL, etc............
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    stoneg wrote:

Yes, he can, if he goes to page 1, post 1, and hits "Edit" on his post, changes the title of the thread, and hit's post.... I've tried asking him to change it several times now... :?
  • shep wrote:
    stoneg wrote:

Yes, he can, if he goes to page 1, post 1, and hits "Edit" on his post, changes the title of the thread, and hit's post.... I've tried asking him to change it several times now... :?

That would make better sense than starting another one b/c this one has so many pages and post, I think it really draws attention to it.
    fade away...

• NEW MEXICO, BITCHES!!!!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    play the south!!!!!!!!!
    and early entrance to the other southies :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    fruits.giffruits.gif

Toss us a show! get it? ... toss... salad ... hee hee :mrgreen:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    the south - play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Thank you! Agreed, there is a reason it is called southern hospitality and there are lots of nice southern girls like Pandora and myself!

I second that - Southern girls are the best! I married one, and I highly recommend all the single guys on this board do the same (you won't regret it)
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    play the south!!!!!!!!!
    and early entrance to the other southies :mrgreen:

Lynyrd Skynyrd is from Florida... maybe if they come to the South, the odds of them playing Free Bird as a tribute will increase haha
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Congrats to SOUTH america...

Since it looks like for all intents and purposes that PJ will not play the south USA this year, I had to get tickets to see the Foo today! 11/7 in Atlanta...get to sleep in my own bed after the show. I had almost forgot what that felt like!

Maybe next year!? Keep it alive!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
    Fuck, let's start up another setlist

1. Hard to Imagine
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1. Hard to Imagine
    2. Animal

(and let's keep it realistic this time and see what we come up with ;) )
    shep wrote:

:lol: What are you trying to say? :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,756
    TX/South :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

:lol: What are you trying to say? :lol:

I'm saying I'm not setting the bar that high if PJ was to ever play the south - wouldn't want to get disappointed... ;)

1. Hard to Imagine
    2. Animal
    3. Brain of J
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    1. Hard to Imagine
    2. Animal
    3. Brain of J
    4. Sad
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"