**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• :cry::cry::cry:

Another "tour" announcement today.....

Oh well, maybe 2012 will be our year.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    :cry::cry::cry:

Just hope it's before the Mayan Rapture prediction.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • :cry::cry::cry:

Just hope it's before the Mayan Rapture prediction.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You and me both! And they should bring Mr Cusack with them in case it does happen!
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Shocking :roll: Looks like we're well on our way to 9 years waiting in the majority of the south again. Fuck it, I'm done with this for a while. Gotta step away and stop getting my hopes up just to be let down again. I need to do something more productive with my summer anyway. Shep, we'll be rocking Def Leppard in just a couple of weeks! Take it easy, everyone.

Def Leppard is going to be awesome! Maybe not as awesome as July the 1st weekend (Soundgarden and The Hip in Toronto), or Lollapalooza in 3 and 1/2 more weeks, but I'm still looking forward to the show!
    I am organizing a protest by Southern USA fans. I think a mass exit from the fan club will induce the band to tour the south. Here is my idea:

Any fan club member with a number less than 165xxx (just picking a number out of thin air, no clue how I came up with this number) should let their membership lapse, especially members that travel to shows up north. I think this is a wonderful idea, and maybe some other non-south fans with fan club numbers under 165xxx should do the same in solidarity.

Dear Sir - Kindly go fuck yourself.

Sincerely
    a person with a 344XXX number who will never get to sit in front of spoiled rotten brat of a self anyway.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    JimmyV wrote:
    shep wrote:
    I have a feeling that the northeast announcement is imminent...

I don't think so. Not this year.

I dunno, i'll be surprised if there's no announcement for atleast 1 or 2 shows in the northeast. I'm betting probably a stopover in Philly... but we'll see I guess.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    edited July 2011
    shep wrote:
    Shocking :roll: Looks like we're well on our way to 9 years waiting in the majority of the south again. Fuck it, I'm done with this for a while. Gotta step away and stop getting my hopes up just to be let down again. I need to do something more productive with my summer anyway. Shep, we'll be rocking Def Leppard in just a couple of weeks! Take it easy, everyone.

Def Leppard is going to be awesome! Maybe not as awesome as July the 1st weekend (Soundgarden and The Hip in Toronto), or Lollapalooza in 3 and 1/2 more weeks, but I'm still looking forward to the show!
    I am organizing a protest by Southern USA fans. I think a mass exit from the fan club will induce the band to tour the south. Here is my idea:

Any fan club member with a number less than 165xxx (just picking a number out of thin air, no clue how I came up with this number) should let their membership lapse, especially members that travel to shows up north. I think this is a wonderful idea, and maybe some other non-south fans with fan club numbers under 165xxx should do the same in solidarity.

Dear Sir - Kindly go fuck yourself.

Sincerely
    a person with a 344XXX number who will never get to sit in front of spoiled rotten brat of a self anyway.

It was a joke to get my seats better at shows. I am on your side. The band doesn't give a crap about the south. They can't blame it on their manager, or that they don't sell well, etc... They don't want to tour that much, and when they do they do not want to tour the south of the USA. You should be ticked off.

2nd trip to South America since touring the south. 3rd trip to Calgary since touring the south. You should be ticked off and offended. The band does not care about the south. Plain and simple.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    Ok, I think this was a classic example of miscommunication:

I can see the headlines: Pearl Jam fans request band to play the South and Pearl Jam, being a band for the common man, listens and responds. However, fans aren't quite specific enough and band plays gigs too far South. Fans then offer more specific requests (TX, AL, LA, MS, TN, GA, SC) and band expands tour to include a bunch of stops in the southeast U.S.

Perhaps we need to change the thread to **The Official Play The South U.S. Thread** ;);)

Congrats to friends who had tour dates announced in or near their cities :mrgreen: .
  • jjflash wrote:
    Ok, I think this was a classic example of miscommunication:

I can see the headlines: Pearl Jam fans request band to play the South and Pearl Jam, being a band for the common man, listens and responds. However, fans aren't quite specific enough and band plays gigs too far South. Fans then offer more specific requests (TX, AL, LA, MS, TN, GA, SC) and band expands tour to include a bunch of stops in the southeast U.S.

Perhaps we need to change the thread to **The Official Play The South U.S. Thread** ;);)

Congrats to friends who had tour dates announced in or near their cities :mrgreen: .

:lol: I thought this too, we weren't specific enough...
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Well, it's gotta come around sooner or later to you guys. This year they came back to Alpine Valley (my personal crusade for the last 8 years) and they are playing South America. I would hope/think that you guys are in line next?
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Well, it's gotta come around sooner or later to you guys. This year they came back to Alpine Valley (my personal crusade for the last 8 years) and they are playing South America. I would hope/think that you guys are in line next?

Just one show where I can drive less than 10 hours!

It was a joke to get my seats better at shows. I am on your side. The band doesn't give a crap about the south. They can't blame it on their manager, or that they don't sell well, etc... They don't want to tour that much, and when they do they do not want to tour the south of the USA. You should be ticked off.

2nd trip to South America since touring the south. 3rd trip to Calgary since touring the south. You should be ticked off and offended. The band does not care about the south. Plain and simple.

I hope you also realize that I was joking around as well, I don't mean any malicious intent, as hopefully came across in my post. ;)
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    I really want to give Tim a piece of my mind this week on AET. It is ridiculous that big time Southern markets like Atlanta haven't had a show since 03 and fuckin Calgary gets another show even though they had one not too long ago in 09. And I think the line from the announcement about "passionate and dedicated fans" is bullshit. Are we not passionate and dedicated? Do we not deserve shows as much as our South American brethren? If not, fuck me I quit. Yeah traveling to Alpine and working my ass off to pay for it is all well and good but I want to see a show without having to travel 1000+ miles. I'm just pissed off that the South gets shoved under the rug or put in the basement like we are the red headed stepchild. And before I have to hear about the festival shows or the 3 show "tour" in 08, let me remind you that the NE US gets at least one show of some kind every year be it Eddie or PJ. That's all I have to say about that I guess. Time to cool down after that.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    oh man, if citizen jack and a couple others from the fellow south quit posting, this epic thread may die. i hope not but not hold out a shit-ton of hope for a southern tour.

i still want to believe, we will get shows in 2012 AND on the opening leg...faithful!
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    RFTC wrote:
    i still want to believe, we will get shows in 2012 AND on the opening leg...faithful!

We will get some dates in 2012....of course it will never be enough to make up for lost time but I'm confident we will get a few.
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    ^ You think so? At the rate we are going now, Antarctica will get a Pearl Jam show before we see them in Atlanta again.

I mean, I like penguins and all...but jeez....it's getting a bit ridiculous.
  • Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548
    I think a huge sign needs to be made to hold up at PJ20 that says -
    You're pissing off your entire Southern fan base
    T o u r T h e S o u t h

And if they make a comment referring to it, asking if it's true we're pissed, we should collectively say an angry yes..cos they just don't get it (was gonna make 'tour the south' shirts, but this is cheaper..). One or two of us asking them in person if given the chance, or just saying tour the south, is not going to get it across to them that they can't keep doing this. One tour is not enough, then what, another 10 years before we see them down here again. They need to get it that they need to tour here as often as they tour elsewhere, or we are washing our hands of them and they will lose a massive chunk of their fanbase. Their assault on their fans over the past few years is going to end their careers. It's like they are on self-destruct or something. Insulting us, avoiding us, and not giving us answers..there is only so much a person will tolerate.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    EZ1221C wrote:
    I really want to give Tim a piece of my mind this week on AET. It is ridiculous that big time Southern markets like Atlanta haven't had a show since 03 and fuckin Calgary gets another show even though they had one not too long ago in 09. And I think the line from the announcement about "passionate and dedicated fans" is bullshit. Are we not passionate and dedicated? Do we not deserve shows as much as our South American brethren? If not, fuck me I quit. Yeah traveling to Alpine and working my ass off to pay for it is all well and good but I want to see a show without having to travel 1000+ miles. I'm just pissed off that the South gets shoved under the rug or put in the basement like we are the red headed stepchild. And before I have to hear about the festival shows or the 3 show "tour" in 08, let me remind you that the NE US gets at least one show of some kind every year be it Eddie or PJ. That's all I have to say about that I guess. Time to cool down after that.
    it's not going to do any good. He'll just come up with some lame excuse or not give any answer at all. I understand your frustration, but I truly believe we will be getting some southern shows next year
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • EZ1221C wrote:

I did this about a month ago.. And didn't get a straight answer. I say do it. Maybe being more vocal will get us somewhere.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I've gotten so discouraged about this that it's hard for me to joyfully join these "Play the South" threads anymore.

I feel like an idiot begging them to come down here.

Probably by the time they make it down here I won't even care anymore. :|
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    justam wrote:
    I've gotten so discouraged about this that it's hard for me to joyfully join these "Play the South" threads anymore.

I feel like an idiot begging them to come down here.

Probably by the time they make it down here I won't even care anymore. :|
    Oh no! console.gif

Hang in there ... keep the faith

This is a terrible waste of love ... PJ we need you!

PLAY THE SOUTH!
  • jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    I am guessing they will wait till after Alpine to announce any other shows any were in the states. Good pr u know its all about the money, so they say. Just think we might be getting the first shows after there new album, much rather that happen. I am about all backspacered out, some new music would be just what we need!
    Tour the Southern States of The United States of America!!!
    until next time......
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Looks like they are finally touring the south.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163374
    #FHP
  • Looks like they are finally touring the south.

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=163374

Hahaha. The wrong south. I even checked on a flight from here to Brazil.. $1k :(
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    ^ You think so? At the rate we are going now, Antarctica will get a Pearl Jam show before we see them in Atlanta again.

The presale is August 5th. Ticket packages include two parkas.
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

I agree, but here's to PJ20 and holding out hope that we get a show or two next year. Plus, since they won't be down here this fall, I can justify seeing the Foo Fighters when they come to ATL late in the year!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
    bump
  • :D
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,756
    south :!:
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Southern usa
    PLAY THE SOUTH