**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Play the South this Fall/Winter!

(which is really like the summer for people living in seattle ;) )
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    shep wrote:

TOUR THE SOUTH YOU FUCKING PUSSIES

• WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    JimmyV wrote:
    Stayed at a hotel next to this venue last month on business. Would love to go back and see a show there. Great people, great town.

10/05/96 – North Charleston Coliseum: Charleston, SC [130m]
    attendance: 9,000
    support act: The Fastbacks
    soundcheck: In My Tree, Off He Goes, Mankind

set: Sometimes, Last Exit, Animal, Go, Hail Hail, Dissident, In My Tree, Corduroy, Better Man, Not for You, Jeremy, Black, State of Love and Trust, Habit, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, Alive, Blood/(Fame)
    enc: Present Tense, Even Flow, Daughter, Improv, Off He Goes, Mankind, Whipping, Footsteps, Yellow Ledbetter

notes: The venue is smallish; the crowd and staff are kind and not killing each other here. PJ takes a while to warm up, not really smoking until midway into the show. During a pause near the end of ‘Not for You,’ Ed asks, “How we doin’ so far?” (crowd cheers) “You don’t seem so bad yourself.” A rocking ‘State’ is intro’ed as “… a little number by request.” During ‘Habit,’ Ed pauses, looks out and says, “Speaking as an individual in a band who has never been in this town before.” Taking a break after ‘Go,’ Ed jokes about how when he was a kid he always thought seeing bands on the last night of a tour was great because they would be happy the tour is over and they would be “… drinking and dancing in the street, and they’re playing really loud and it’s gonna be a four-hour show …” etc.; but he says that really the second to the last show is the best, and the crowd goes wild! With Ed’s voice showing fatigue, he enlists audience assistance (“Want you … HELP ME! … in my … rearviewmirror”). ‘Present Tense’ is explained as a song that Mike wrote great music for and Ed, when coming up with lyrics, “… needed anything … anything to make me think. Just a starting point … so I thought of Pete Townshend. I took his initials and this one is called ‘Present Tense.’” Ed plays a brief improv (?) after ‘Daughter,’ about taking a drive to South Carolina and picking up his best friend. ‘Whipping’ is dedicated to the crazy people in the front. The audience selects the next song via an “experiment in voting in November.” The choices are ‘Leash’ (“kinda Bob Dole”), ‘Leaving Here’ (kinda Ross Perot) or ‘Footsteps’ (“that would be Bill Clinton”). ‘Footsteps’ is played. Ed’s final comments are, “I don’t know if it’s easy to like this band, but we sure appreciate the fact that you do.”

Thanks for posting this :D not only is this my hometown but it was also my first show. What's crazy is this show sold out in like 6 min or some crazy shit and I remember being so bummed about not getting tix. Well about a few weeks before the show I was over at a friends apt who got lucky and was able to score tix and we were just siting around watching a surf video and his phone rings. Hank looks at me and says hell yeah I'll take 4 and hangs up. Hank says your not going to believe who that was. I'm like who was it? It was the ticket agency calling him to tell him that they had more tix for sale bcos evidently a lot of peoples credit cards didn't go through. And they were ga tix which was even better. Truly an unforgettable night.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    stoneg wrote:
    Please Play the South.We deserve it been over 3 years. :geek:

Been over 8 years for most cities down here. Please come back!!!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Loulou wrote:
    Hmmm, I've never come to this thread before.......I'm not from there but there are some damn nice people from there...what the hey!
    PLAY THE SOUTH! :D:D

Isn't Adelaide in the south? Plus it's south of the equator, so we'll consider you from the south. :D:D

Play the SOUTH!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Hey yeah! PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Play the South this Fall/Winter!
    Would that not be awesome!

Falltime is most beautiful ... colorful and cool....

PLAY THE SOUTH! 8-)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    DR100433 wrote:
    Please, play Tampa. I even said the magic word.
    great first post. I would love a Tampa show. Missed the 2008 show because of Roo
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    play the south or ill start to fart to all after i eat 1 million beans :twisted:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    tour the south

happy tuesday everyone
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    play the south or ill start to fart to all after i eat 1 million beans :twisted:

Not only have you screwed up their economy, but now you want to pollute their air? I think you Greecians better be careful before the EU kicks you out ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:

Not only have you screwed up their economy, but now you want to pollute their air? I think you Greecians better be careful before the EU kicks you out ;)
    they will kick us out,but then we take them with us... ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Play the South!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Tour the South!!
  • Surely this does not belong on page 3...
    :D
    Surely this does not belong on page 3...
    :D

I was just going to say the same thing!
  • Tour the South!! I got on page 200. And don't call my Shirley!!
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    houston
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    :shock:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    LukinFan wrote:
    :shock:

Thats pretty funny :lol:
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    Congrats everyone on 200 pages for this thread!

Now all we need is PJ to recognize how much we want them to tour the South.... :(
    This thread was started in 2009 and has gone from page 51 to 200 since the beginning of 2011.

I think that says a lot and Pearl Jam should listen.

I don't see anyone in the northeast putting out that kind of commitment!
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    Tour the South

Come back to ATL!!!
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Capstoner wrote:
    Tour the South

Come back to ATL!!!
    bumparoo!
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Play the South.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548

You and my aunty, in the same room, would be deadly.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    8-) We have beaches down here-->

johnston-greg-palm-trees-at-sunset-coconut-grove-beach-at-cade-s-bay-nevis-caribbean.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Capstoner wrote:
    Tour the South

Come back to ATL!!!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Capstoner wrote:
    Tour the South

Come back to ATL!!!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Might as well make it post #3000 for the south while I'm at it!
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
    i said ...SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: