QSAC Brisbane tickets who's going?

Comments

• if i drive i might park at sunnybank plaza and walk there that way i can get an easy feed at maccas at midnight. but yeah there are plenty of little back streets round the area that probably wouldn't get checked, like this whole area here:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-27. ... 4&t=h&z=16

Cheers!
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• No CoderNo Coder Posts: 1,126
    if i drive i might park at sunnybank plaza and walk there that way i can get an easy feed at maccas at midnight. but yeah there are plenty of little back streets round the area that probably wouldn't get checked, like this whole area here:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-27. ... 4&t=h&z=16

Cheers!

That is a pretty easy hike as well..have parked there alot for things on at QPAC..is anyone having any predrinks around there or is everyone getting to QPAC earlier?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    No Coder wrote:
    That is a pretty easy hike as well..have parked there alot for things on at QPAC..is anyone having any predrinks around there or is everyone getting to QPAC earlier?

wow, that's a long walk to QPAC lol, that's at southbank. you mean QSAC. :lol:
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    No Coder wrote:

wow, that's a long walk to QPAC lol, that's at southbank. you mean QSAC. :lol:

Yeah, that is my bad..I obviously meant QSAC...

• I dont think there's anywhere out in the part of Brisbane to meet up for pre-drinks. This show would have to be the furthrest venue from the CBD on the Australian tour.
    Brisbane: 14/03/98, 08/02/03, 10/11/06, 25/11/09
    Gold Coast: 19/01/14, 13/11/24
    Melbourne: 16/11/24, 18/11/24
    Ed solo: 12/03/11, 25/02/14
  • I'm over from NZ for Melb, Sydney and Brisbane - what are the public transport options for getting from the CBD to the venue in Brissy? Cheers
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    bm12music wrote:
    I'm over from NZ for Melb, Sydney and Brisbane - what are the public transport options for getting from the CBD to the venue in Brissy? Cheers

You can catch a bus from the CBD to Garden City shopping centre..you can then either walk- about 2 km's- with a hill- or catch a bus from there- not sure what buses go that way though.

There is a pub at garden City or the Sunnybank hotel

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Only 9 days to go.

So where are we meeting for drinkies after the show!?

(hey that rhymed)

:)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• No Coder wrote:
    bm12music wrote:
    I'm over from NZ for Melb, Sydney and Brisbane - what are the public transport options for getting from the CBD to the venue in Brissy? Cheers

You can catch a bus from the CBD to Garden City shopping centre..you can then either walk- about 2 km's- with a hill- or catch a bus from there- not sure what buses go that way though.

There is a pub at garden City or the Sunnybank hotel

Free public transport with your ticket. Catch a train to Banoon (on the beenleigh/gold coast line) and a shuttle will take you to the venue.
    http://www.translink.com.au/event.php?id=108
    Greg354xxx wrote:
    Free public transport with your ticket. Catch a train to Banoon (on the beenleigh/gold coast line) and a shuttle will take you to the venue.

i once saw a guy standing at baboon station with no pants on waving to the train as it went by. good times.
  • Greg354xxx wrote:

i once saw a guy standing at baboon station with no pants on waving to the train as it went by. good times.

ROFL....one would think its on the Ipswich line if thats a true story!
    Greg354xxx wrote:
    ROFL....one would think its on the Ipswich line if thats a true story!

ha ha, it's true. this was years ago when banoon was still a pretty shitting train station, but they have done up all the stations on the Beenleigh/gold coast line now, they are all pretty nice and new. guess it didn't look good having all the tourist going down to the GC on the train and passing through some of the shittest run down stations in brisbane.
    One week to go. :shock: :o8-)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• They keep finding tickets to Fixer field by monioring how many are being bought. Whilst they still have the time they can push the stage back (so to speak) and create room for a larger crowd. All the others are exhausted because they are.... fixed.

I vote the pub at the appropriately named GARDEN City ....AFTER the show. We'll see if we can bribe them into playing PJ out onto the street on a balmy night as happened in Adelaide.....it was fantastic...and the beers went down well.

I am not a local....if anyone agrees on this venue and knows the address could you broadcast please.

Melbourne in a matter of hours........Yeah Haaaaa......

Cheers and see you soon,

Peter J.D.
    Going to All 5 Australian '09 shows.
  • 10c members and partners
    Me and Lisa
    Red and Kel
    Tones and Bel
    GA freinds
    Paul and Stace
    Carey and Trace

5 Days to go and very excited.
    Interested in catching up after the show?

See this thread. :)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=118477

• Any other 10C-ers going solo on Wednesday? I never have a problem going to things alone (again, Billy Joel loving hubby, if I didn't go to cool stuff alone, I'd never go anywhere), but would be nice to finally share PJ with people who love them as much as I do. PM me if you want some company. Otherwise I'll see you all at the pub!

PS Eddie- get well soon

PPS Please play State of love and trust in Brisbane.

who wants to give me a lift home?

there's petrol money in it for you.
  • Hi, have a question about getting to the venue, hope someone can help!

I am coming up from the Gold coast and dont know the area surrounding the venue very well. Was planning on being dropped off and picked up by my brother. I have just read the venue info and it states that the best place for drop/pick ups is at the garden city park n ride. Surely it is possible to be dropped somewhere closer than that?? Would really appreciate any advice on what I should do
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I dunno who the nimrod was who thought this venue was a great idea.
    TBH, if it wasn't PJ, I would be bailing at this point.

Who builds a 50 000 seat stadium with NO PARKING ??
    Sure, "patrons are encouraged to use public transport", more like FORCED, and too bad if you are from out of town. I'm 2 hours away. Just close enough that I can't justify staying in the City, which is further from home again.
    It's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day. Leave work at 12, drive to Bris, park, walk a couple of miles, then stand in line for 3 hours, then wait another couple of hours for the music to start, then another few hours of jumping up and down, walk another couple of miles back to Garden City, then drive home for 2 hours.

Now, what is this crap about Ed being sick, and the concert being in doubt ??
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Hi Guys,

I've got two Fixer Field tickets for sale at $99 each!

If you're interested give me a call on 0439545231 and I can deliver anywhere in Brisbane tonight (or maybe some places tomorrow)

Cheers!
    I will be what I could be. Once I get out of this town.
    Brisbane 8 Feb 2003; Brisbane 10,11 Nov 2006; Adelaide 17 Nov 2009; Brisbane 25 Nov 2009; Brisbane 10,12,13 Mar 2011; Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014; Brisbane 23 Feb 2014; Milton Keynes 11 July 2014
    Weather looking good for Brisbane tomorrow. Not too hot. :)

http://www.weather.com.au/qld/brisbane

• I'm In. goosebumps thinking about it. Fly down tomorow morning. It will be my first QLD PJ show... Anyone wanna fill me in on what to expect ?

Hey Squiz, you from Adelaide before now? Ever lived there?
    " Take my hand, not my picture"
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Flying in tomorrow morning, dont have 10c tickets unfortunately but will be lining up in the fixer line.. hopefully there wont be as many ppl as syd and melb
  • Any other 10C-ers going solo on Wednesday? I never have a problem going to things alone (again, Billy Joel loving hubby, if I didn't go to cool stuff alone, I'd never go anywhere), but would be nice to finally share PJ with people who love them as much as I do. PM me if you want some company. Otherwise I'll see you all at the pub!

PS Eddie- get well soon

I totally agree. Get well Ed, I'm, sending all my healing energy your way (and i know you are all doing the same)

yes state of Love and trust, and i'm hoping the needle and the damage done..oooh and Deep or Garden or both...Fuck anything will be great!!

hey princess KJ I am not solo but you are welcome to join my merry band of travellers who are flying down from port Douglas tomorrow.. 10c line from about 1pm i hope

Now, one more thing... There has been a lot of mention in threads ADL/MEL/SYD about people trying to mosh in the front section.... AND???? Dont get me wrong i will be completely focussed on the show and have no desire to thrash and slam but jump yes and as for people getting excited and things geting squishy..i just think you have to accept that theres probably 30 000 ppl behind you and its gonna get close! If the guy next to me jumps..I'm jumping with him! I went to 1995, 98 etc and they were the two best concerts of my life. 98 in particular where i was front/centre, got to hug Eddie and he gave me and my best mate a drumstick each...Something which i felt was earned for enduring the front of a pearl jam show, being kicked in the head numerous times as people went over the front barrier and endlessly squashed. best night ever.

I think some 10clubbers have had it too easy in the seated section in the last two tours and just need to remember you might be a 10c memeber but that does not automatically mean you get a comfotable spot on the front row. The front row has never been comfrtable. hell, being a member doesnt even necessarily mean you love PJ more than non members.. (i wasn't a 10c memeber 03 and 06 and was devastated about being in the nosebleeds for 03,06 after hugging Ed in 98)

On a positive note, lets have a great night and look after all those around us, like we always have

Pearl jam, so much love.. 'nuff said
    " Take my hand, not my picture"

well there is parking there, plenty of parking, but some "nimrod" decided to close it of to patrons for the night. the whole bottom car park which must hold a few thousand cars is being closed off for the buses to pull into and drop people off, and i guess the other 2 car parks which would probably hold another 1000 or so are being used for event staff and other shit i guess.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403

well there is parking there, plenty of parking, but some "nimrod" decided to close it of to patrons for the night. the whole bottom car park which must hold a few thousand cars is being closed off for the buses to pull into and drop people off, and i guess the other 2 car parks which would probably hold another 1000 or so are being used for event staff and other shit i guess.

You get my frustration then. I'm driving up from past Tweed Heads.
    The other thing is the advice sheet from Chugg entertainment I just read.
    Be prepared for bad weather, but you are not allowed a back-pack. Hope it does not storm.
    As I said, only PJ could entice me to a stadium gig. There is also no info on what catering etc is available inside that we can access from teh fields. I don''t ven know which field I am in. Fixxer, I assume, since I have 10C tix, but it's not stated anywhere.
    Do I sound like a whinger ?? Hey, it's gonna be like 10 hours from when I line up to collect my ticket to when it finishes, so I like to be a little prepared.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • davo81 wrote:
    Any other 10C-ers going solo on Wednesday? I never have a problem going to things alone (again, Billy Joel loving hubby, if I didn't go to cool stuff alone, I'd never go anywhere), but would be nice to finally share PJ with people who love them as much as I do. PM me if you want some company. Otherwise I'll see you all at the pub!

PS Eddie- get well soon

I totally agree. Get well Ed, I'm, sending all my healing energy your way (and i know you are all doing the same)

yes state of Love and trust, and i'm hoping the needle and the damage done..oooh and Deep or Garden or both...Fuck anything will be great!!

hey princess KJ I am not solo but you are welcome to join my merry band of travellers who are flying down from port Douglas tomorrow.. 10c line from about 1pm i hope

Now, one more thing... There has been a lot of mention in threads ADL/MEL/SYD about people trying to mosh in the front section.... AND???? Dont get me wrong i will be completely focussed on the show and have no desire to thrash and slam but jump yes and as for people getting excited and things geting squishy..i just think you have to accept that theres probably 30 000 ppl behind you and its gonna get close! If the guy next to me jumps..I'm jumping with him! I went to 1995, 98 etc and they were the two best concerts of my life. 98 in particular where i was front/centre, got to hug Eddie and he gave me and my best mate a drumstick each...Something which i felt was earned for enduring the front of a pearl jam show, being kicked in the head numerous times as people went over the front barrier and endlessly squashed. best night ever.

I think some 10clubbers have had it too easy in the seated section in the last two tours and just need to remember you might be a 10c memeber but that does not automatically mean you get a comfotable spot on the front row. The front row has never been comfrtable. hell, being a member doesnt even necessarily mean you love PJ more than non members.. (i wasn't a 10c memeber 03 and 06 and was devastated about being in the nosebleeds for 03,06 after hugging Ed in 98)

On a positive note, lets have a great night and look after all those around us, like we always have

Pearl jam, so much love.. 'nuff said

Hey- did you get my PM? It seems to be stuck in my outbox, and I can't get it to go anywhere. :o If not, pls try PMing me.

Cheers!

Hey- did you get my PM? It seems to be stuck in my outbox, and I can't get it to go anywhere. :o If not, pls try PMing me.

Cheers!

a PM will sit in your outbox until the person you sent it to reads it, then it will be in your sent box. but until they click on it it will be in the outbox.
  • Hey- did you get my PM? It seems to be stuck in my outbox, and I can't get it to go anywhere. :o If not, pls try PMing me.

Cheers!

a PM will sit in your outbox until the person you sent it to reads it, then it will be in your sent box. but until they click on it it will be in the outbox.

Gee, user error- what a surprise. There's 10 mins of my life I'll never get back. Thanks for the tip.