Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Options
    GB207565GB207565 Posts: 18
    I really hope we don't get stuck with GA tix, even if we get let in early we then have 4 hours of elbows in the back and constant battles with arseholes just to stand your ground. It just robs you of a chance to listen to the music and watch what's happening on stage, not to mention the fact you can't even use a toilet or get a drink in between sets.

I'm really excited to be seeing PJ again, grateful they're coming down here, but really hoping I can take my girlfriend without having to worry about her being crushed, groped, kicked and pushed by the sweatier, less considerate people...
  • Options
    TrudstarTrudstar Posts: 111
    I can't wait but I am also a bit worried about GA tickets as there is nothing to me and I will get pushed around alot. I don't know if I should buy 10c tickets or go to Ticketmaster on the day they go on sale, as I will be going to the concert by myself. :?
    1995 Melbourne, 1998 Melbourne, 2003 Melbourne, 2006 Melbourne, 2009 Melbourne.
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    ^^^^ 100% with you on that one.

Im pretty sure if it is a free for all then Ill sit up back or to the side...definitely wont be trying to get on the fence.

This is for two reasons......1 I have THE weakest bladder in the world and 2. the first grommit to push past me or knock a friend would get a double tap between the eyes and Id probably get kick out by security. Whilst they were dragging me out Id be making sure that the perpetrators head is still connected to my fist.

Arghhh general admission
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Is it possible to have Gold Reserved seating on the floor and then Silver GA Seating in the stands? Probably not hey? Then you would have people running to get prime position in seats. Going to the toilet and coming back to see your seat taken etc.

I'm still not convinced they want a GA Standing on the Floor? Maybe they just want to rock out again with the peeps going nuts dancing about in front of them. Can't wait to see how this is going to unfold!
  • Options
    TrudstarTrudstar Posts: 111
    I might have to go to Ticketmaster to find out what the gold tickets and silver tickets are.
    1995 Melbourne, 1998 Melbourne, 2003 Melbourne, 2006 Melbourne, 2009 Melbourne.
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    I have to say on the sound, Rat Sound is a pretty stellar operation, i've never heard a bad sounding PJ show be it stadium, amphitheatre, open air, whatever.. those guys are top shelf, no question
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    edited August 2009
    Lucan wrote:

Melbourne suffers because we don't have an adequate venue. The step up from the 14k capacity Tennis Centre is the 56k capacity Docklands.

What happened to the MCG?
    I know nothing about melbourne but is/was that a venue at some point? :?

There are only 2 issues Im feeling with these shows:

1. The front barrier is usually very far from the stage.
    2. If its windy the sound can be crap.

With that said I love summer outdoor shows and have always wanted them to do some here, having seen plenty in the US in 2000. But there are so many nice small ampitheaters in the US and we have nothing like that here.

I can see some shows being moved at the last minute if enough tickets aren't sold.

As for GA area, I have a feeling there will be sections including a 10c only section if we're lucky, which reduces the number of late-comers pushing to the front at the last minute (ie you're only 'competing' with people within your section). They even did this in 1998 with the much smaller GA sections in the arenas (not 10c section, but a division in the middle).

But GA isn't confirmed yet and i still think there's a chance there'll be seats on the ground :geek:
    Post edited by LongRoad on
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Does anyone remember Eastern Creek '95? I think there were barriers which divided the area into a small section up front followed by the larger second area? I've had waaay too many drugs since then so really can't remember.
  • Options
    pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    Sweet!
    Hmm Gold and silver seating. Whats the differernce?
    Will they have seating throughout or will there be standing in some parts.
    Has anyone received an email from Ten Club yet regarding tickets?

Very pleased with the Perth venue!
    why did they change the venue for Melbourne? Rod Laver is amazing
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Can't say I feel like lining up at 9 in the morning to get a good possie in GA. So the Ten Club better come up with the goods, after all we are supposed to be paying for a preferential ticket service in the cost of the membership. I'd prefer the Etihad to the MCG, simply because if the weather's bad, they can close the roof. Nearly got drowned out at Sound Relief, dont fancy seeing PJ in the rain and it was torrential at Sound Relief. I dont think they'll move the show from the Etihad if enough tickets dont sell, they'll simply rope off all the empty seats. However I'd love to see PJ rock out at a full Etihad Stadium!
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    pazman wrote:
    why did they change the venue for Melbourne? Rod Laver is amazing

it's not big enough for their super big U2 like massive spectacular.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Ha, are you being sarcastic there? I went to all 3 PJ shows at the RLA in '06 and then to U2 at the Etihad. I can honestly say that PJ were superior to U2, regardless of U2s huge light and stage show. PJ can rock your ass of regardless of all that crap.
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    In 2006, the ticket collection window opened around 5pm? Was it around that time??

Anywho, the only way the 10C benefits would work is if they opened the doors 10-15 min earlier to let us in. Think about it - those that buy their tickets through Ticketek or TM have them in hand, so theoretically, they could be lining up outside the venue doors from earlier in the day, while we are lining up at the ticket window.

So whether you get there at 8am, you still wont beat those that have tix in hand. Which is why they will either let 10C in early, or have a smaller gated off front floor section, im leaning towards option 1.

And I agree with Glenn, there seems to be not enough days between shows for multiples. Hoping yes, realistically no
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    PT67856PT67856 Posts: 1
    blue tix and preferred seating have announced a pre sale tomorrow morning at 9am !!! any word when the ten club pre sale will be ????
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    No word on 10C tix, but these ones charge up to an extra $50 a ticket, and apart from GA, the reserved seating tix you get are slightly above average. It's not like you get the first row of reserved seating etc.
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    RaidenRaiden Posts: 137
    Can't wait for the shows. Will def do Adelaide, Melb & Syd and hope to do Perth & Bris as well (depending on funds & work).

For those complaining about what the sound will be like at Etihad etc, I would suggest coming to Adelaide, as Adelaide Oval is not so "enclosed" and has some open areas. Should hopefully be a much better sound.

Roll on November!!!
  • Options
    Trying to decide which one to go to beside my home town Sydney.
    Which is the best venue Adelaide or Brisbane.???????????
    I cant make Melbourne so its Adeliade or Brisbane.
    I have been to Brisbane for a holiday before so I am leaning towards Adelaide.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks very excited Pearl Jam fan.
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    been searching flights from san francisco/los angeles to Auckland, with a 5 day layover in Sydney on the way there, and Air New Zealand is running in the $850 range. Half what they were last year.

Is it easy to get from Sydney to Brisbane and back by car or bus? I didn't map out the distance yet, thought I'd be lazy and ask.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You dont drive between cities, you fly. Usually for less than $100.
    Go to www.webjet.com.au
    Post edited by LongRoad on
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    been searching flights from san francisco/los angeles to Auckland, with a 5 day layover in Sydney on the way there, and Air New Zealand is running in the $850 range. Half what they were last year.

Is it easy to get from Sydney to Brisbane and back by car or bus? I didn't map out the distance yet, thought I'd be lazy and ask.

yep bus or car, there is a big highway that goes straight from one to the other (takes a while tho, about 12 hours - when i drive it i tend to go inland because you miss the haulage trucks and lots of traffic, so its a bit further but takes less time ) - or train - or fly .... airfairs from brissie to sydney are as cheap as
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    I wouldnt drive from sydney to brisbane if i was paid to.. the pacific highway is scary :shock: :?
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    I wouldnt drive from sydney to brisbane if i was paid to.. the pacific highway is scary :shock: :?

hence the inland trip for me ;)
  • Options
    RaidenRaiden Posts: 137

I'm from Adelaide so might be biased opinion here. As I mentioned in my earlier post, Adelaide Oval "Should" be a great venue as it is not surrounded by grandstands. Never seen a show there though so cant say for sure. It is very close to the city so travel will be easy and is also close to a number of good pubs for pre/post show drinks.

Ed also seems to like Adelaide a lot, especially ever since he particpated in the anti-war protests here on the 2003 tour plus I think he likes how relaxed life is here. He always seems to be in a good mood for Adelaide shows which makes a difference I think.

Having said that, I also like Brisbane as a city but a few of the locals there seem to think the Bris venue will be shit.
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    LongRoad wrote:

maybe, I'll just go to the Sydney show, enjoy the city and surrounding area for 5 days, then off to the two New Zealand shows.

thanks,
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:

maybe, I'll just go to the Sydney show, enjoy the city and surrounding area for 5 days, then off to the two New Zealand shows.

thanks,

theres a driver offering a seat

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105600
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:

thanks,

Hmm but then you'll be stuck in Sydney when you know you could have went to another show for a cheap airfare and 1-2 hour flight - forget driving, get your plane tickets and do it :D
    in case you missed it - www.webjet.com.au
  • Options
    what about that spare seat thread

he'll be ok - we've managed to lock all the backpacker killers up by now i think :lol:
  • Options
    DC144909 wrote:

I'm from Adelaide so might be biased opinion here. As I mentioned in my earlier post, Adelaide Oval "Should" be a great venue as it is not surrounded by grandstands. Never seen a show there though so cant say for sure. It is very close to the city so travel will be easy and is also close to a number of good pubs for pre/post show drinks.

Ed also seems to like Adelaide a lot, especially ever since he particpated in the anti-war protests here on the 2003 tour plus I think he likes how relaxed life is here. He always seems to be in a good mood for Adelaide shows which makes a difference I think.

Having said that, I also like Brisbane as a city but a few of the locals there seem to think the Bris venue will be shit.

Thanks for that info I heard Adelaide is a really nice place so I am leaning towards it.
    Just want the 10C to release on sale dates for members so I can get organised and check out the flights and accomodation.
    I hope when I wake up in the morning(if I can sleep) the email will be there.
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    Hi

Thought some people might be interested in this:

20% PayPal cash back when you book a NZ flight via Webjet

http://www.webjet.com.au/paypal/

*PayPal cash back terms and conditions:
    PayPal cash back offer is valid for flights to and from New Zealand, excludes Jetstar and domestic flights. Offer is valid until 16 August 2009 at http://www.webjet.com.au when payment is made using PayPal. Webjet reserve the right to withdraw this promotion at any time, subject to availability of funds. Visit this page before you book to ensure the cash back is still available. Only 1 (one) cash back per PayPal account is permitted. Your cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account shortly after the promo ends, normally 2 weeks later. Webjet’s normal booking term’s and condition’s apply. The 20% cash back applies to Webjet total booking value; EG: If you make a booking and the total amount charged to your PayPal account is $1,000, you will receive $200 cash back..
  • Options
    TOUR!!!!!!!!!
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
This discussion has been closed.