Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• dreamtonicdreamtonic Posts: 129
    The receptionist at my work asks me today "that's boring, seeing them play the same songs 3 times"

Regarding me going to Melbourne, Sydney, and hopefully Adelaide shows.

:roll:

I've been having that same conversation with my father for 14 years... sadly, my family has not accepted that fact that I am a touring fan.

As you can tell, I'm not looking forward to this conversation-"Mom, dad, sorry to say I won't be at Thanksgiving this year. It's tour time again and I'll be in Brisbane, Australia. Here, let me show you on the map...."
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Is there a password for today's ticketmaster sale for Melbourne - if so could someone PM it to me?? Many thanks :)
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Dr ChronoDr Chrono Posts: 129
    This Just came in at 4:04am:

Hello Ten Club Ticket Buyer!

Thanks for your purchase. This is the official confirmation of your Ten Club ticket order.

The following details are important information regarding your recent Ten Club ticket purchase for Pearl Jam on November 20, 2009 at the Ettihad Stadium in Melbourne VIC on the Australia/New Zealand tour.

YAY =D
  • RedAvoRedAvo Posts: 3
    You didn't post the rest of the email mate.
    In particular the bit we have all been interested in....

6) There will not be a special Ten Club reserved section within the venue floor for security reasons.

So it is open slather for 20,000 punters to push to the front.
    Would have thought that was harder for security...
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    I saw the Sydney gig that year (March 9) and the support act was called "Shudder to Think". The crowd was booing the whole time. They made the crowd give them a down under fuck you (Sticking up your middle finger but upside down) to get off the stage. Funny shit.

yes, that is why i mentioned it. they got booed off every night. they really sucked.
    I remember them from the Adelaide show.

Gotta admit, booing off a support band is terribly poor form, that's embarrassing on behalf of Pearl Jam fans.

(I know I'll feel like booing Ben Harper off, but I'll restrain myself.)
  • Dr Chrono wrote:
    This Just came in at 4:04am:

Hello Ten Club Ticket Buyer!

Thanks for your purchase. This is the official confirmation of your Ten Club ticket order.

The following details are important information regarding your recent Ten Club ticket purchase for Pearl Jam on November 20, 2009 at the Ettihad Stadium in Melbourne VIC on the Australia/New Zealand tour.

YAY =D

i havent recieved my email yet should I be worried
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • bm12music wrote:
    Is there a password for today's ticketmaster sale for Melbourne - if so could someone PM it to me?? Many thanks :)
    Backspacer
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    ok, just to clear something up people.

When I said Noob, I didnt mean all you peeps that have been a member for 82 years and your Pit join date was 1993 yadda yadda yadda.

I mean the noobs who come in and ask a question like this .....

"I live in whoop whoop and my friend and her boyfriend and her boyfriends dad want to see pearl jam and I just signed up as a member. I read that as a member I can buy 2 tickets to any show in Aus or NZ. Does that mean I can buy 4 tickets? Or if I dont buy tix for one city, can I buy 6 for another?"

Yep .... dumb fuckin questions like this make me wanna kick you in the baby maker so you never procreate.

so get off your shetland ponies and stop taking me so seriously will y'all!!

a noob is an inexpirenced type person, to which I am! massive pj since about 97. but alas I am a noob to this particular comunity. as for getting of my shetland ponie, I cant as I ate mine for lunch :lol:
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
    RedAvo wrote:

6) There will not be a special Ten Club reserved section within the venue floor for security reasons.

you would think so, its going to be very tough for the people in the middle of the entire GA section. who wants to place beats on something bad happening!

I would be more concerned out health if its going to be a hot day, then wont there be less chance if the ga sections where broken up a lot more.

or is it the venue's fault for not wanting to hire extra security!
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    RedAvo wrote:

It doesn't mean there won't be a separate section at the front for security reasons, just that it won't be a 10C reserved section.
    bazzer wrote:
    RedAvo wrote:

It doesn't mean there won't be a separate section at the front for security reasons, just that it won't be a 10C reserved section.

is that why we are hearing about 2 sections of GA?
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • No CoderNo Coder Posts: 1,126
    Yeah got my confirmation last nigth too..absolutely pumped..especially after hearing the Fixer live the other day on Youtube..the London Gig looked good- Simon Townhend and Ronnie Wood would have been awesome..I hope Ed comes out when Liam is on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • I have a contact at the stadium and have their seating map which is just a big pdf, same as the one on the ticketmaster site, their is two section on the floor in melbourne, they are not labeled but it is a big black line down the middle of the floor.

Stadium workers pre-sale is today through ticketmaster and they are the same price as non worker tickets? and at the same time as the public pre-sale as well!
    I have a contact at the stadium and have their seating map which is just a big pdf, same as the one on the ticketmaster site, their is two section on the floor in melbourne, they are not labeled but it is a big black line down the middle of the floor.

Stadium workers pre-sale is today through ticketmaster and they are the same price as non worker tickets? and at the same time as the public pre-sale as well!

who choose the layout of the sections? is it the band or the stadium?

it makes me miss rod laver areana!
    New York - May 02 - 2016