Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    meshell wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    meshell wrote:

good because i was gonna say.... me me i like the sound of an army of big guys :lol:

Do you want to be in the army? Or do you want protection from the army? Protection is going to cost you. Putting together and training this army isn't cheap, you know!

well i'm short, but i ain't no dainty flower :lol: so i guess i could be part, but then your army could maybe keep the tall knobstickles :roll: out of my way.... and i could help bribe you mistress ziggy with beer to supple you your majesty :D:D 2 x edits, i'm a retard, you dont want me :D

:lol: What concerts are you seeing, meshell?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Brynmor wrote:
    Okay, probably a stupid question and one for all you who have been to many concerts before, but before I spend a small fortune on tickets, how does all this work? I've never bought tickets through 10c before.

Last concert I went to we had allocated seats, so could get there at any time... does this mean we have to line up at some ungodly hour just to get in - even though we have 10c tickets?

I'm definitely getting tickets to Adelaide, and was thinking of going to Melbourne as well, but if we don't make it to Melbourne until late in the afternoon, then is it really worth going? (I mean of course it's worth it... it's PJ!!)

it is first in best dressed, some will line up early, some will come later on
    there will not be huge amouts of 10c members for each show, so if you are there before the gates open with 10c tickets, you will be in 15 mins before the rest of the public gets let in

your ticket will get you in after the gates open normally as well, but you will end up being further back 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    GotMyLeashGotMyLeash Posts: 129
    Melbourne 100% locked in. Have now talked it over with the wife and have decided to save up and travel to the States next year and see the guys play a few shows...fingers crossed on a full World Tour!!!!
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

• Options
    You don't have to line up early because you will have to be given the wrist band once you get inside the venue, then they make you wait in groups and they let you in...no running to the front is allowed any one running is sent back. You have to hold your hands up to show the wrist band as you walk in! They then make you sit down in the front in rows, once the first act comes on then its fair game!!

• Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    GotMyLeash wrote:
    You don't have to line up early because you will have to be given the wrist band once you get inside the venue, then they make you wait in groups and they let you in...no running to the front is allowed any one running is sent back. You have to hold your hands up to show the wrist band as you walk in! They then make you sit down in the front in rows, once the first act comes on then its fair game!!

Do we all hold hands??

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    Daughter of JeremyDaughter of Jeremy Up here in my tree Posts: 181
    aus_suz wrote:
    Aussie Jam wrote:
    i had to cut my honeymoon a day short and fly from Tassie to Melbourne to get to a gig! I love my (soon to be) Wife :)

Where in Tassie??

OMG your soon to be wife is freaking awesome!!!! No way my hubby woulda dragged his butt back from Vanuatu or Fiji early for Pearl Jam, no.freaking.way...
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    2014 Brisbane January 19 BDO
    *DISCLAIMER* I suck at typing, sorry for the illegibility of posts
  • Options
    Hey Ziggy,
    I am the same height as you, anyway I can tag along to be protected by your army of big burly men? (are you going to get them shirts, cos that would be kinda cool! ;) ) I may even be able to bring one or two big burly men along to join aforementioned Ziggy's Army.
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    mj351 wrote:
    GotMyLeash wrote:

Do we all hold hands??

of course

then when we sit down we have to cross our legs, and all say in our biggest voices .... GOOD EVENING MR VEDDER :D:D
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    zenith wrote:

then when we sit down we have to cross our legs, and all say in our biggest voices .... GOOD EVENING MR VEDDER :D:D

Followed with "I've been a very very bad girl and need to be punished" 8-):D
  • Options
    GotMyLeash wrote:

It's seeing posts like this that keep me glued to my computer at the moment. Top post! Best thing I've read all day!
    Guess I'll see it first hand in Berlin next week anyway ;)

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

Followed with "I've been a very very bad girl and need to be punished" 8-):D

so drop the leash Eddie, drop the leash!!!!!!!!!!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
  • Options
    Hey Ziggy,
    I am the same height as you, anyway I can tag along to be protected by your army of big burly men? (are you going to get them shirts, cos that would be kinda cool! ;) ) I may even be able to bring one or two big burly men along to join aforementioned Ziggy's Army.

Yes Yes....I need all the big men I can get!

No shirts....that's just weird. ;)
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Hey Ziggy,

You're right, big burly men should not be allowed to wear shirts at all. Hear that guys, NO SHIRTS ALLOWED!! ;);):D
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Hey Ziggy,

You're right, big burly men should not be allowed to wear shirts at all. Hear that guys, NO SHIRTS ALLOWED!! ;);):D
    no no you want big burly men like me to wear a shirt it an't pretty :roll:
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Options
    no no you want big burly men like me to wear a shirt it an't pretty :roll:

Yeah.....good point! ;) ha ha
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    i dont care what the burly men wear ... considering they'll all be behind me in 2nd row, i wont be seeing it :D
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    The TV ads have started here in Sydney, nice work.

Getting excited hehe
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    GotMyLeash wrote:

It's seeing posts like this that keep me glued to my computer at the moment. Top post! Best thing I've read all day!

that is best joel, and report back
    there will probably be no forced sitting down like they do at the sydney ent cent of late, but people will sit to save themselves for a bit

you will be given your 10c wrist band with your ticket when you collect them
    you need both to get in
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    GotMyLeash wrote:

that is best joel, and report back
    there will probably be no forced sitting down like they do at the sydney ent cent of late, but people will sit to save themselves for a bit

you will be given your 10c wrist band with your ticket when you collect them
    you need both to get in

Thanks for the wristband tip, figured there would be something like this. Hope there can be a bit of sitting... at least we only have one support act so wont be too much standing. Really looking forward to Gomez actually, and Ben Harper/Liam Finn too.

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • Options
    Does ANYBODY need to share 10c tix for any of the Aus shows?

I'm fine for Perth.....but need to share with someone (either my spare or their spare) for Adelaide, Melbourne, sydney and Brissy.
  • Options
    What about Canberra ? After all ,it is the CAPITAL CITY OF AUSTRALIA. They haven't been here since 95'!
    Pearl Jam's one and only concert in Canberra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9las2e5n_Yo
  • Options
    They actually had readings on the richter scale during that show. Thought it was a minor earthquake. It was when they were playing "'Spin The Black Circle''. No shit !
    Pearl Jam's one and only concert in Canberra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9las2e5n_Yo
  • Options
    Does ANYBODY need to share 10c tix for any of the Aus shows?

I'm fine for Perth.....but need to share with someone (either my spare or their spare) for Adelaide, Melbourne, sydney and Brissy.

OK.....ticket buddies for all shows sorted :D

Bring on 6am!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    I'm another one of those 5'1" girls who is volunteering to be a drink rest for someone taller than myself who is willing to stop me getting killed in the pit :D I have been waiting more than 10 years for this, there is no way I am giving up my near-the-front spot to some non-10C pleb, even if I have to get kicked in the head. If I die at PJ, at least I'll die happy.
  • Options
    Present! :D
  • Options
    CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    ALL DONE. BACK TO BED.
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See you in Sydney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Done and DONE!!!!

See you at all 5 Aus shows peeps! :D
  • Options
    see you all in Melbourne!!!!!

• Options
    IAmEdsIAmEds Posts: 15