haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    you all know what this means right?

LONGER TIME AT PRE PARTIES! :D:D :P :lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,362
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Thank you so much 10 club for this opportunity. I picked up the Calgary and SF posters even though I'm not going to the shows. I'll be picking up both Philly posters when those go on pre-sale as well. :)

Now, how about a little tweet about the 10/31 Philly show? ;)

What a sec. Say's you can only buy a poster if you got 10club ticket's to the show. How were you able to purchase Calgary & SF if you didn't buy 10club ticket's? :?

you can buy calgary and san fran even if you don't go to them.only those 2 show's though.very limited amount available of them.
    It's the other shows (toronto & chicago),that you can only buy 2 of each. ;)

D'oh! I'm a total idiot! :oops:
    Sorry! Just got too excited!

*goes ahead an purchases Calgary & SF poster's, too! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    you all know what this means right?

LONGER TIME AT PRE PARTIES! :D:D :P :lol:

BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,416
    I'll gladly take credit for starting this campaign... 8-)
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:
    I'll gladly take credit for starting this campaign... 8-)

So it was you? :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FucbvoFFy0
  • Options
    stotstot Posts: 207
    I can't get in!!!!111!
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    stot wrote:
    I can't get in!!!!111!

What's the problem? Can help you out! :)
  • Options
    JM18725JM18725 Posts: 46
    Its about time. Great idea, I got so tired of making the mad dash to buy one only to find they were all sold out.
    already in love
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    stot wrote:
    I can't get in!!!!111!

Hey D!

I'm not going to the shows on this presale, but was trying to grab the two available to all.

I'm going to the Seattle Shows but didn't buy 10club tix! Keep my fingers crossed for other sales...

I can't believe I can't get into g oods. Weird.
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    stot wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    stot wrote:
    I can't get in!!!!111!

Hey D!

I'm not going to the shows on this presale, but was trying to grab the two available to all.

I'm going to the Seattle Shows but didn't buy 10club tix! Keep my fingers crossed for other sales...

I can't believe I can't get into g oods. Weird.

santos recommends using firefox and so do i :mrgreen:
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Ten Club once again shows why it is one of the best fan clubs on the planet!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Thumbs up to 10C on this idea! Just thinking back to MSG last year and how much time and aggravation this would have saved me ... I'm happy to not have to deal with that in Toronto & Chicago!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    What's the problem? Can help you out! :)[/quote]

Hey D!

I can't believe I can't get into g oods. Weird.[/quote]

santos recommends using firefox and so do i :mrgreen:[/quote]Thanks for the help friends..I scored!
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    This is frakking brilliant.

I'm going to Calgary and both Seattle shows. Calgary is a GA festival, the last thing I wanted was to have to get there when the festival started and drag a poster around all day.

The next best thing to this was missoula '98, where one of the merch booths was outside the venue! So you could buy your poster, tshirts and what not, throw it into the car, then go into the concert (this was really frakking awesome :) ).

hopefully they do this for the seattle posters too.

The gorge 06 shows, I showed up for doors open to get posters.. it was so hot out, by the time the band started to play I was pretty burned out from the heat.

I'm very happy with this idea.. I hate having to get there for doors open, I hate having to run to the merch booth because supply is so limited. At the gorge in 06 the first merch booth was sold out in seconds, and half dozen of us bolted down to the bottom merch booth and barely got posters.

This idea is brilliant :)
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:

why do we always get the short straw? no boots in 07, now no poster presale :cry:

Redcoats
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Zod wrote:
    This is frakking brilliant.

I'm going to Calgary and both Seattle shows. Calgary is a GA festival, the last thing I wanted was to have to get there when the festival started and drag a poster around all day.

The next best thing to this was missoula '98, where one of the merch booths was outside the venue! So you could buy your poster, tshirts and what not, throw it into the car, then go into the concert (this was really frakking awesome :) ).

hopefully they do this for the seattle posters too.

The gorge 06 shows, I showed up for doors open to get posters.. it was so hot out, by the time the band started to play I was pretty burned out from the heat.

I'm very happy with this idea.. I hate having to get there for doors open, I hate having to run to the merch booth because supply is so limited. At the gorge in 06 the first merch booth was sold out in seconds, and half dozen of us bolted down to the bottom merch booth and barely got posters.

This idea is brilliant :)
    yup, feels like a big weight lifted :lol: sad. seriously tho, I'm not into paying big $ for posters on ebay, and don't have much trade bait...but like to get posters from the shows I attend. I did the same as you at the Gorge...I'm getting too old to be running down big fucking hills in 117 degree heat to get a poster...only to get shut out (night one)...and watch ninersfan or whoever walk away with stacks...

I think you're more likely to see the outside -venue merch booths in the states....I still missed out on the poster, but in Tampa last year they had a booth outside....and a bar. how awesome is that? we even asked a cop if we could cross the street with our drinks (wonder why we'd cross the street to a park? ;) ), and he let us!
    There's my two plugs - anyone got gorge 06 BK and Tampa 08 for a good deal? pleeease?

I digress.....not having to worry about posters in Calgary and TO is going to make both of those days even more enjoyable :)
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    This is really great news. I made it a point to get posters for pretty much all of the shows i attended from 96-00. However, after that i had to give it up because the demand rose and it was just a burnout to have to deal with the crowd. I've missed some nice ones over the years but i'm sure they will be mine at some point.

This works well for PJ and the fans. The 10C, well actually the band, is able to bank off of us early and then, after presale, determine how many they need to print. I'm guessing they print the amount we purchase plus almost the usual amount to be sold at the show.

The one thing this will do is lower resale value because demand may be a little a lower. I'm cool with that :D

I've already got my Hartord 98 and some other beauties on my wall so......

can't wait for the LA, San Diego presale! will still need to catch Ben Harper regardless

question though. Do you guys think the posters will now be $30 at the shows? I guess it actually makes sense.

ramble over
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    I sincerely hope they NEVER do outside-the-venue merch again. Ask anyone who was at MSG 08 what a cluster that was. People who didn't even have tickets were buying posters. Ri-frickin-diculous.. I love the poster presale idea. Keep it up 10C, you get better with age
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    finewineOne.jpg
    more time to enjoy
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I sincerely hope they NEVER do outside-the-venue merch again. Ask anyone who was at MSG 08 what a cluster that was. People who didn't even have tickets were buying posters. Ri-frickin-diculous.. I love the poster presale idea. Keep it up 10C, you get better with age

Yeah, MSG probably wasn't the best place to try out that business model
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Sick of people paying child laborers to snatch up all of the posters while you were outside getting the most out of your bratwurst? Tired of paying good money for a cool poster before the show, carrying it around like a Faberge egg, only to have some over-served lout spill their beer all over it during the encore? Well, now you can kick back and relax. The Ten Club is happy to announce a concert poster pre-sale for those who have purchased tickets. Here's the deal:

• Posters available ONLY to those who purchased Ten Club tickets to that particular show except ***.
    • TWO posters per ticket order except***.
    • Posters will be mailed within 2 weeks of the show.
    • Poster pre-sale starts now and ends 5 PM Pacific time on August 7th
    • No previews or artist information available
    • There will be the normal post-tour poster sale for all Ten Club members.

This pre-sale will feature the posters from the following shows:

Calgary August 8 ***
    Toronto August 21
    Chicago August 23
    Chicago August 24
    San Francisco August 28 ***

***Please note- For the Calgary V-Fest and Outside Lands festival, a very limited number of posters will be sold in the pre-sale. All Ten Club members eligible. One poster per member. While supplies last.

Great concept 10C. I would much rather enjoy the show than have to worry about my poster under my seat getting stepped on or worse!

Cheers!
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    :D Awesome!
    When will the presale for the Seattle shows start?
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Pegasus wrote:
    I got really excited when I saw the title of the email... and really disappointed when I saw it's for exactly the only shows I'm not attending :(

Now I'm presuming (hoping) that the West Coast ones will be on sale later.. but why not EUROPE??

We might not go stupid for posters like the US but that's probably a lot because at GA, your first thought going in is securing a good spot, not getting to the merch booth!
    and anyway carrying a poster in a pit is.. well, it makes keeping a poster safe.. impossible!!
    So WE are the ones that need that setup the most!

why do we always get the short straw? no boots in 07, now no poster presale :cry:

on another note esp for overseas customers paying high shipping fees: you really can't ship several posters together?? that are ordered and will be shipped at the same time? seriously?

I second this!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I'm sure it'll be rolled out for everywhere eventually..this also means potentially open ended numbers in terms of prints and that's absolutely brilliant. Everyone should have the chance to own a cool poster and this is a good way of giving them that chance.

Fair play 10c.

also?

suck on that ninersfan :)
  • Options
    lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    please, do the same great thing for the european one! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    strummers wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:

i'm assuming that they haven't ruled out doing this for Europe as well. i wouldn't rule it out.

Maybe we're going to get ours free due to the Ten Redux disaster! :lol:

Seriously - great great idea (thanks 10c!) and would love the Euro shows to be included in this!
    though at $30 (this is JUST over the tax-free limit of £18 :? ..now strangely I was looking for the € limit to see how it should have affected the £ one, but a French official site indicates there's no allowance ie you always have to pay VAT..but Irish customs apply €22 allowance, which the $30 would just go under right now. But might not at the time it's received depending on exchange rate) you have a good chance of getting nicked by customs again, to the tune of £11.7 (£3.7 VAT + £8 royal mail custom fee) PER POSTER! (on top of the £25 for the poster and postage).

So on reflection, I'll wait for the show to see if I like it and hope I can get it after the show or keep it somewhere safe during (the wristband system they used last year would be EXTREMELY useful though).
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    sweetness-I guess the ears do really work at the 10c
    hope they do the same for philly

great idea and thanks 10C
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    Awesome great Idea ...saves me lugging my poster tube all over...
    Thanks 10c...
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867
    Rock on, now I can relax when getting to the venue!

Thanks 10Club!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    eldarion75 wrote:

also?

suck on that ninersfan :)

+1
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
This discussion has been closed.