Options

Concert Poster Pre-sale for 10Clubbers

Comments

• Options
    I think in theory this is good, but I'm one of the unfortunate ones who is a long term fan and member that works in a hospital that has firewalled the site keeping me from getting fanclub tickets once again. So I just paid $300 a ticket to sit with the commoners, and now I can't even pre order a poster. I hope the commoners don't jack up my poster.
    All that's sacred comes from youth
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    great idea.no europe shows at all?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    Ordered my Chicago I posters thursday night. Sweet deal.
  • Options
    sandvs9881 wrote:
    I only have ten club tickets for Monday Aug 24. I just bought 1 poster. I still can buy another but I need in return a poster for Monday Aug 23. I have ticketmaster tickets that day. Anybody wanting to trade the monday show for the sunday show? Send me a message
    PMed ya
  • Options
    They should offer presales for all posters and sell as many as they can. And then still sell the usual 3-5k posters per show.

Mor eposters in fans hands, more cash in the 10C, more artists getting paid work. Everyone wins.
  • Options
    force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    norm wrote:
    force-10 wrote:
    Yeah, I´ll definitely buy for the seattle 1 poster. That will be my first PJ show. The rest only if they´re still available a couple of months after the shows. Need to save more $$$!

I have never seen a PJ poster in my life. I´m guessing TC posters are very high quality.

have a look :D

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/sea ... am&class=1

Thanks for the link. But I meant that I´ve never seen a PJ poster at first hand. I´ve seen them on the web, but I´m guessing they´re top quality because they´re not cheap! I´ve never seen anyone complaing about this so they must be alright!
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    common sense prevails at last, and i am grateful, once again. thanks!!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    No Poster Pre Sales For The Spectrum?

:geek:

hello ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    KE89030 wrote:
    So I just paid $300 a ticket to sit with the commoners...
    What does you paying a scalper have anything to do with this?
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Maybe we're going to get ours free due to the Ten Redux disaster! :lol:
    Seriously - great great idea (thanks 10c!) and would love the Euro shows to be included in this!
    though at $30 (this is JUST over the tax-free limit of £18 :? ..now strangely I was looking for the € limit to see how it should have affected the £ one, but a French official site indicates there's no allowance ie you always have to pay VAT..but Irish customs apply €22 allowance, which the $30 would just go under right now. But might not at the time it's received depending on exchange rate) you have a good chance of getting nicked by customs again, to the tune of £11.7 (£3.7 VAT + £8 royal mail custom fee) PER POSTER! (on top of the £25 for the poster and postage).

So on reflection, I'll wait for the show to see if I like it and hope I can get it after the show or keep it somewhere safe during (the wristband system they used last year would be EXTREMELY useful though).[/quote]

I don't know about that. I've ordered from 10C loads of times and only once (when they used UPS as opposed to USPS) I got charged VAT or customs.
    It's different with posters so stop being negative. Just buy the poster if you want it. ;)[/quote]
    well they're not on sale for Europe.. For the US shows I'm attending, I'll see, I might get them shipped to friends in teh US and them to forward them together (and lie about the value on the custom form of course ;))

But tbh, I only bought the ones I liked last year and probably going to stick to that.. plus unless they clearly state the same town ones are more than a different colour scheme... I'm not a completist..
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Anyone need a Philly poster? I'm looking for a Chicago. The guy I'm going with to Philly night 1 doesn't collect posters, so I'd be willing to trade my extra Philly for your extra Chicago, if you can preorder me one. Any takers?
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,097
    We will probably get poster presales for the September/October show's by the middle of next month.
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Why isn't Europe included??

If it was the other way around, there would be uproar.

Sort it out 10C.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    KE89030 wrote:
    I think in theory this is good, but I'm one of the unfortunate ones who is a long term fan and member that works in a hospital that has firewalled the site keeping me from getting fanclub tickets once again. So I just paid $300 a ticket to sit with the commoners, and now I can't even pre order a poster. I hope the commoners don't jack up my poster.

I'm not going to any of the shows that have the poster pre-sale - but I didn't think they sold out right away. So I don't see how this 10C poster pre-sale doesn't work for you. I personally think its a great idea and only hope they do the same thing for the West Coast shows.

As far as 10C tickets go - I hear you on the firewall - but don't you have a close friend/family member who could buy the tickets for you as opposed to spending $300? Heck - at that price - you'd save a ton of money just hiring somebody to buy the 10C tickets for you.
  • Options
    erik768erik768 Decatur, GA Posts: 117
    edited August 2009
    I got Ticketmaster tickets for Toronto so I can't order the poster. Anyone want to order me a Toronto poster? I can either pick up an extra Chicago poster to trade (got Ten Club tickets to both shows) or send cash via PayPal. PM me.

Update:
    The Chicago posters are now out of stock so can no longer get an extra one to trade. Still looking for the Toronto poster. Still willing to pay for it. PM me.
    Post edited by erik768 on
    PJ
    2003 Tampa 2004 Kissimmee 2007 Chicago 2008 West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia 2009 Toronto, Chicago 1-2, Philadelphia 3-4 2010 New Orleans 2011 PJ20/East Troy 1-2 2012 Atlanta 2013 Baltimore 2016 Miami, Greenville 2018 Boston 1 2020 St. Louis 2022 Nashville, St. Louis 2023 Noblesville, Austin 1-2 2024 Chicago 1-2
    EV
    2009 Atlanta 1-2 2012 Jacksonville
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,097
    So yeah, how about this. Say a week or so before the concert hit's, could 10club have a sale for those that didn't have 10club ticket's to the show? For one's that would like to score a poster, that won't get lucked out @ the tables? Just sayin'! Put up like 100 poster's or so. Would be cool, won't it?
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,562
    I see the appeal of the Europe posters being mailed to your home, but if simply getting a poster is the issue, I found that tons of posters were left over from each show. In fact, at the Italy shows, posters from previous cities were still being sold.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    Is any one go to the toronto show if so let me no me from Sarnia ont let me no if any one eles is from sarnia ? :D
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    MrGibbons wrote:
    I see the appeal of the Europe posters being mailed to your home, but if simply getting a poster is the issue, I found that tons of posters were left over from each show. In fact, at the Italy shows, posters from previous cities were still being sold.
    in 06 you mean? Posters were for multiple shows so much bigger runs.
    The ones in 07 (there was only for the standalone shows, not the festivals) were unique and there wasn't any left at the end of most shows (I saw some after Katowice, but that's it afaik)
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    demetrios wrote:
    So yeah, how about this. Say a week or so before the concert hit's, could 10club have a sale for those that didn't have 10club ticket's to the show? For one's that would like to score a poster, that won't get lucked out @ the tables? Just sayin'! Put up like 100 poster's or so. Would be cool, won't it?

Great idea demetrios! I greatly appreciate the effort being made here by ten c but many of us are going to the shows got shut out for tickets here and would like to get posters too. Seems a bit lopsided since the people that already got good tickets now can also possibly get more than one poster, particularly for the high demand I expect the Philly Spectrum shows will bring this year. Your idea sounds like a reasonable solution for club members who don't have club tix but are still going to the show get a poster to whichever one they are seeing.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Is there ANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY sign of this happening for Europe :roll:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Calgary now OOS
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Thank you! Thank You! 10 Club! You have saved my life almost! Or my marriage at least. Now I can take my wife to Toronto and Chicago and we can enjoy ourselves and go out for dinner and have some wine, and go to the shows and I won't be obsessing about getting to the shows super early to grab a poster for each show. it's funny but being able to order the posters ahead of time is a HUGE deal for fan such as myself. I am already at peace.
    Ahhhh.
  • Options
    Calgary now OOS

I wonder why it took so long for Calgary to sell out, when SF sold out in like a day. I mean, there's absolutely nothing to base the choice off. So why choose SF over Calgary? And it's not the print run size, because if you looked at the top sellers of the week margin, SF was consistently outselling Calgary. Are more 10Clubbers going to the SF show than the Calgary? Are poster people snobby about their cities?
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    dude, Calgary is on sale. meaning...discounted ticket prices before the show has even started. You really are asking why SF would sell out before Calgary?

Calgary is in Canada silly. :o
  • Options
    I am going to the SF show- but didn't see the presale/ until minutes too late.
    :(
    I do not have a good track record getting posters home in one piece- so if anyone bought a SF poster and wants to trade for something that might travel better like a t-shirt- please let me know, because I would really like to have a poster from a concert that I actually attended.
    :D
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    Chicago night one now OOS
  • Options
    dude, Calgary is on sale. meaning...discounted ticket prices before the show has even started. You really are asking why SF would sell out before Calgary?

i was talking about the poster... isn't that what this thread is about?
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 824
    Chicago night one now OOS
    G Darn it!!! I'm going to the 1st Chicago show and they are out of stock. Will more be made available Ten Club?

I've been a fan from the beginning, I've been to about 10 shows now, and STILL no luck these darn posters!

PLEASE...can you fire up the printing press for me? Thanks.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options

i was talking about the poster... isn't that what this thread is about?

I was too. i brought in the ticket prices on sale as an example of why SF would sell out before Calgary. Now that you are up to speed I have to get a beer and hose down the dog run.
This discussion has been closed.