Options

Concert Poster Pre-sale for 10Clubbers

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617
    Toronto has been purchased.

It will add to my enjoyment of the show.... not worrying about the poster.

Thank you for implementing a great idea.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,799
    Woohoo!
    I can party before the shows in Chicago and attend a pre-party or two.

Fan-fuckin-tastic!
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    SQUEEEE!!!

This is awesome! :mrgreen:

So does this mean that each show will have a different poster? I don't want to order both Chicago posters and have them be the same.
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    I have a felling this is a test run for the future, see how it works out- I think its great

I think it's flipping awesome (pun intended) and I truly hope they extend it to the rest of the shows.

PROS:
    - Guaranteed a poster to a show you attend
    - No dealing with the homeless people the flippers have hired who can get kinda mean & nasty in line btw
    - No panic in line at the merch booth as you watch people in front of you buy up posters by the dozens
    - No panic when the drunken bores sitting near you at the show push, shove or spill beer on your poster
    - No praying your poster survives as you fly home from an out of town show

CONS:
    - ew, that is one ugly a$$ piece of paper!

No brainer, I'm in for the presales. Hope they extend it to the San Diego shows!
  • Options
    snowrider_04snowrider_04 Berkeley, CA Posts: 90
    RIGHT F'N ON!!!
    Live & Loud: A list of every concert I've been to.
    Vintage Four Wheels: If you like vintage cars.

2022: Oakland 1, Oakland 2 • 2018: Seattle 1 • 2014: Mountain View (BSB) • 2013: Philadelphia 1, Philadelphia 2, Oakland • 2011: Oakland 1 (EV), Oakland 2 (EV) • 2009: San Francisco (Outside Lands) • 2008: Berkeley (EV) • 2006: San Francisco 1, San Francisco 2 Mountain View (BSB) •  2000: Mountain View • 1999: Mountain View (BSB) • 1992: Stanhope (Lollapalooza)
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    This is the best idea ever :!: :D:D:D

Just purchased a couple of them....

Now i will await LA poster pre sales...

THANKS 10 CLUB

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

i wonder if there will be one poster for all 4 shows or 4 individual
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    i would think one for each pair of shows would be ample since the capcaity is so small.

so my guess is two different for the four shows???
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    Superb 10c! What a nice thing to do. Totally not gonna complain about having to pay $7.50 for each poster. Worth every penny to not have to stand forever and scramble at the merch booth. Really great idea.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

That is a good question, could be same one different colors. Hopefully it be 4 different ones :!: :!:

This is perfect for me , because i do not need to bring it back on the airplane to Montana :D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

maybe 2 for BK, 2 for Ames - same poster with color variations for both?

small enough tour to do individual posters though i guess
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Sweet! Got Chicago now just need Seattle and San Diego. :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,627
    norm wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

i was wondering that too but i'm only going to LA4 so i only need one anyway.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Not only will it make it less stressful during the show, but also at the after-parties!

Great idea and I look forward to more offers like this in the future!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    This is awesome. I hope they do it for other shows.
  • Options
    i cut off my leg to test out my new poster tube/prosthetic limb prototype and now this happens??? :x

• Options
    VartVart Posts: 291
    Just ordered a Toronto poster. This is the first PJ poster I've ever purchased.
    PJ: 8/27/00 4/29/03 9/15/05 5/12/06 6/28/08 6/30/08 8/21/09 5/15/10 5/21/10 9/11/11 9/12/11 9/14/11 10/25/13 10/27/13 10/29/13 10/30/13 8/5/16 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18
    EV: 8/09/08 8/10/08 6/08/09 6/09/09 6/18/11
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    joe2468 wrote:
    no matter what they do SOME OF YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BE HAPPY.....................you know your going to buy the poster....stop your "female dogging"
    where was there any bitching? i said i dont like BK's work... ive said that before... that will be the case regardless of how 10C sells these posters... i thanked them for the ingenuity - its something we've been asking for for awhile... just curious :twisted:
    Then this pre-sale is not for you! Sure, you thanked them, and then probably insulted them by immediately asking for something that was stated in the OP that they were not going to do.

And then, as though you are some kind of art/poster critic, you keep repeating over and over (basically slamming 10c employee, Brad Klausen) how much you don't like his work.

You're given an inch and you want a mile. You don't like Brad's work, fine, don't participate in this poster pre-sale. But, have a little fucking courtesy to not continue to put down Brad on this thread/site. Just walk the hell away.

Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, then shut the fuck up?
  • Options
    Friday13Friday13 Posts: 120
    nice one aNiMaL ;)
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:

why do we always get the short straw? no boots in 07, now no poster presale :cry:

i'm assuming that they haven't ruled out doing this for Europe as well. i wouldn't rule it out.

Maybe we're going to get ours free due to the Ten Redux disaster! :lol:

Seriously - great great idea (thanks 10c!) and would love the Euro shows to be included in this!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Thank you so much 10 club for this opportunity. I picked up the Calgary and SF posters even though I'm not going to the shows. I'll be picking up both Philly posters when those go on pre-sale as well. :)

Now, how about a little tweet about the 10/31 Philly show? ;)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Then this pre-sale is not for you! Sure, you thanked them, and then probably insulted them by immediately asking for something that was stated in the OP that they were not going to do.

And then, as though you are some kind of art/poster critic, you keep repeating over and over (basically slamming 10c employee, Brad Klausen) how much you don't like his work.

You're given an inch and you want a mile. You don't like Brad's work, fine, don't participate in this poster pre-sale. But, have a little fucking courtesy to not continue to put down Brad on this thread/site. Just walk the hell away.

Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, then shut the fuck up?
    blah blah blah... i bought the poster... ill take the chance

my life and career are art so in that regard i am as qualified as anyone to criticize... and i expect the same standards when people judge my art... you gotta have a tough skin to put yourself out there... hopefully BK does... if he doesnt, then hes in the wrong line of work or has had an easy ride so far in the business... he seems like a really nice, genuine guy from what i've read from him so its not that i mean to completely belittle the guy... obviously the band - probably ed more than anyone - enjoys his work alot so i dont expect anything to change anytime soon... in that respect - youre right - its pointless to argue the merit of the work... i just gotta learn to respect the bands creative wishes

and i will now walk the hell away

**oh i should add that i didnt see the "no artist information" thing in the original post... i can see how thats annoying... obviously this issue is my fault... strong language... opinionated... ill tone it down and read the fine print better
    Post edited by Kilgore_Trout on

• Options
    rockermomrockermom Posts: 6
    Thanks, 10C!! I won't have to worry about my poster during the show!

For all you collectors, check out the group on Facebook "I Love Ames Bros. Pearl Jam Posters". Very cool!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Not having to carry a poster around all day at Outside Lands is a SWEET bonus ... nice to have that print locked up.

Now, for the Seattle sale, so I don't have to carry the poster on my flight home.

well done 10c, well done!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    awesome!!!! love this, 10C has gotta be the best fan club out there.... they actually LISTEN to their members. MUCH PROPS and cant wait til CHICAGO!!!!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,905
    Great system. Definitely makes things easy on pre-show experience. SF purchased, Can't wait to buy LA and SD. Thanks 10C!
  • Options
    u2pjfanu2pjfan Posts: 33
    10 Club is the best they always seem to amaze me with there ideas.Chicago Bound 2 shows
    Cary Watson
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Great idea Tenclub!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    thank goodness i dont have to get there early now... i wonder if they will even sell them at shows for those not fortunate enough to get 10C seats?! :shock:
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    this. is. awesome.

THANK YOU 10C!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.