Options

***ECHOES: Pearl Jam's new interviews (updated)

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    einatshaul wrote:
    PM sent :D

well, Mike's in the lead! :lol:
    always Mike is in the lead!!!!!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    einatshaul wrote:
    Kat wrote:

PM me or Sea any updates if you wish...and thank you, everyone. Together we can keep it up-to-date (like the set list threads) and everyone can hear what's on their minds. Oh, and the Backspacer release date is September 20. :D

x

You're sure? But its a Sunday!

;)
    Sunday is a great day!!!!no working!! ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,918
    sgossard3 wrote:
    lets hear from jeff!!

My bet is that Jeff's silence is because you know everybody is going to focus on the assault in Atlanta, and that's probably the last thing he would want to talk about. He probably wants to bury it, and all these interviewers are going to try to pry on that event as opposed to the music.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    One of the DJ's said they played "The Fixer" on Conan. Stone didn't correct him. Didn't they play "Got Some?"
    thats how i heard it at first too... but i think she was actually just listing off everything so far... conan performance ("get some") [pause] released fixer [pause] album release in september
    sgossard3 wrote:
    lets hear from jeff!!

My bet is that Jeff's silence is because you know everybody is going to focus on the assault in Atlanta, and that's probably the last thing he would want to talk about. He probably wants to bury it, and all these interviewers are going to try to pry on that event as opposed to the music.
    good point... if they could do something with preconditions itd be good to hear from him though

and matt too while were at it... though im sure that would be full of SG reunion rumors
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Kat, this is great and very helpful. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    One of the DJ's said they played "The Fixer" on Conan. Stone didn't correct him. Didn't they play "Got Some?"

yeah they played Got Some. I think he was just being polite by not correcting her. Sort of like how David Letterman didn't correct Paul McCartney the other night for thinking that the Beatles were together for 9 years before playing the Ed Sullivan show or for thinking they played Yesterday on that show. For some reason I always thought Ringo would go senile before Paul.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 470
    Kat wrote:
    Details from multiple interviews:

The Fixer
    Matt wrote the music
    Eddie wrote the lyrics
    Stone and Mike wrote the bridge.

What other details did I leave out, anyone? anyone? :)

Should Eddie get credit for the arrangement? From the Feb. 19th Rolling Stone article:

Another tune, penned by drummer Matt Cameron, is a bigger surprise: It's sleek power pop, with a Stones-y intro riff leading into a tight, chiming verse and a catchy vocal melody that wouldn't be out of place on a Kings of Leon record. "that could have been a seven-minute, weird, sideways kind of artsy song with a cool groove," Vedder says. "I tinkered with it after everyone left, and we shrunk it down and turned it into something else... I'm thinking about set lists: 'Will this be a song we'll play every night?'"

He is the fixer, after all!
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    Kat wrote:

The Fixer
    Matt wrote the music
    Eddie wrote the lyrics

Should Eddie get credit for the arrangement? From the Feb. 19th Rolling Stone article:

Another tune, penned by drummer Matt Cameron, is a bigger surprise: It's sleek power pop, with a Stones-y intro riff leading into a tight, chiming verse and a catchy vocal melody that wouldn't be out of place on a Kings of Leon record. "that could have been a seven-minute, weird, sideways kind of artsy song with a cool groove," Vedder says. "I tinkered with it after everyone left, and we shrunk it down and turned it into something else... I'm thinking about set lists: 'Will this be a song we'll play every night?'"

He is the fixer, after all!

when the song is loooong, i wanna put a bit of shortnin' on it
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    justam wrote:
    Kat! You're being so organized!! :D

Thanks.

:mrgreen:
    i seriously *heart* organization!
    also, this makes it far easier to see what exactly you've checked out and what yet to get to.....definitely organized and easy!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    Um..

This is a great thread, one for all of the ages.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    THANK YOU KAT !!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    this Zane Lowe guy is a DEUCHEBAG. !!!!!!
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    Kat wrote:

The Fixer
    Matt wrote the music
    Eddie wrote the lyrics

Thanks for the info :)
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    Parksy wrote:

Agreed, but he really is a genuine fan. I'd rather listen to him than someone who knows nothing about the band he's talking about.
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    koda74koda74 Posts: 86
    Thank you Kat! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    smobeesmobee Valparaiso Indiana Posts: 178
    Did I hear Stone say a video was made for The Fixer? Wonder when we'll see that.
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Mighty great thread. Thanks! :D
  • Options
    The page for the first Seattle interview is missing.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i'm excited!
    thanks kat. :mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Great idea, thanks for starting this thread.
    Brian
  • Options
    Try this link for the Mike interview on the mountain:
    http://www2.1037themountain.com/listen/mike-mccready-0

The link that was up kept taking me to a page that said I was not allowed to view the page.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    blue_rain wrote:
    Parksy wrote:

Agreed, but he really is a genuine fan. I'd rather listen to him than someone who knows nothing about the band he's talking about.

I've met Zane quite a few times over the years, mostly at gigs, and whatever people think about him he is a genuine music fan, and a HUGE PJ fan. His enthusiasm can get the better of him when he interviews people (he starts talking even faster!) but that's just because he's excited about the interview. He interviewed Mike for MTV in front of some of the fans outside before the Cardiff show in 2000 and he was like a nervous litle kid! You could tell he was thinking "Fuck! It's Mike McCready!!"
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Try this link for the Mike interview on the mountain:
    http://www2.1037themountain.com/listen/mike-mccready-0

The link that was up kept taking me to a page that said I was not allowed to view the page.

The dj on that one kinda sucked. Asked Mike if Ed didn't do these interviews because they were afraid he'd rip someone's head off. He also admitted to asking hack questions. Kudos to Mike for dealing with the dude.
    Brian
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    This a great thread Thanks KAt!!!! It's amazing how the internet is really putting everyone together around the world!
  • Options
    lukinvedderlukinvedder Posts: 203
    :D:D:D:D
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• Options
    PJmontanaPJmontana Posts: 9
    It's not an interview, but they play "The Fixer" as the intro music. :)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2009/07/ ... f=93559255
    yo....a future elderly woman behind the counter in a small town
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Yes, the French Horns and violins on a Pearl Jam song. Never thought I'd see the day...........
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Anyone that has questioned the Target deal , commercial, the motivation behind the Fixer.......please listen to the Stone WMMR interview. He talks about these issues directly.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    that WMMR interview was great.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
This discussion has been closed.