Options

San Diego Preparty & Fundraiser!!!!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Behind stage seats are available on Ticketbastard if you need an extra. Behind stage is weird but you really are right on top of the band. In 2006 Eddie climbed the ladder and sang Last Kiss tot he fans in the back.

BTW...I hope this is my year to win the lottery. I really hated my seat last time they played this venue. I was on the floor in the back and it sucked. I'm not short, but if I was I would be staring at the back of people's heads the whole time.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Behind stage seats are available on Ticketbastard if you need an extra. Behind stage is weird but you really are right on top of the band. In 2006 Eddie climbed the ladder and sang Last Kiss tot he fans in the back.

BTW...I hope this is my year to win the lottery. I really hated my seat last time they played this venue. I was on the floor in the back and it sucked. I'm not short, but if I was I would be staring at the back of people's heads the whole time.

I was in the front row of the back section (with a 218xx number), and it was probably the best seat you could get for being in the back section. I'd rather have ended up close on the wings then in the back, but the energy was great. I'm curious to see where I end up tomorrow, compared to 2006. Lot of people seem to be coming in from out of town for this show.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    merkinball wrote:
    stickfig13 wrote:

I was in the front row of the back section (with a 218xx number), and it was probably the best seat you could get for being in the back section. I'd rather have ended up close on the wings then in the back, but the energy was great. I'm curious to see where I end up tomorrow, compared to 2006. Lot of people seem to be coming in from out of town for this show.

The best 10c I've had was in Santa Barbara. Row 10....That venue was tiny so lets hope we can get some good seats in a larger venue.

my # is 236xxx
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    I'm at the place where the pre-party is gonna be at right now; it's pretty damn AWESOME!
    So Come out and hang out!!!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I'm at the place where the pre-party is gonna be at right now; it's pretty damn AWESOME!

LOL! How's the crowd at McGregors? I actually considered going down there to check out the parking and trolley situation. I haven't been down there in years.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options

LOL! How's the crowd at McGregors? I actually considered going down there to check out the parking and trolley situation. I haven't been down there in years.

Since you're from SD I'll put it like this....

It's not PB....It's not downtown....It's not by state...

:)

EDIT: you're talking about the amount of people. Not the type of people :)
  • Options
    Does anyone know what is the earliest you can pick up
    ur 10c tickets for tomorrow? What time does 10c Window open?
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hey Eric, i can no longer do the 2000 Bootlegs, however i can bring all the Christmas Singles i have, about 12 of them.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    God I hate crossing Tijuana/San Diego!!!
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    I'm very excited to be able to make this pre-party!
    See you all there later!
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    DoTheEvolution: according to the email from 10c, the ticket window will open at 3:00pm.

My question is, how does this trolley system work? I was thinking of driving to the arena, picking up my tickets at 3:00pm, leaving the car there and taking the trolley to the pre-party, then taking the trolley back to the arena and driving home at the end of the show. Would that work? When does the trolley run and how do I take it? is there a cost involved? Is it a cash only transaction? Anyone with more info, let me know. I'll pop my head in here occasionally throughout the day to see if anyone has responded.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Day of show bump!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Cacique wrote:
    DoTheEvolution: according to the email from 10c, the ticket window will open at 3:00pm.

My question is, how does this trolley system work? I was thinking of driving to the arena, picking up my tickets at 3:00pm, leaving the car there and taking the trolley to the pre-party, then taking the trolley back to the arena and driving home at the end of the show. Would that work? When does the trolley run and how do I take it? is there a cost involved? Is it a cash only transaction? Anyone with more info, let me know. I'll pop my head in here occasionally throughout the day to see if anyone has responded.

You can park at San Diego State (site of the venue) in the big parking structure across the street. You will have to pay for a parking pass (not sure of the price these days but make sure you buy a full day pass). You can stop by the 10c window and take the green line trolley (toward old town). Get off at the "Mission San Diego" stop. Walk North past the 24 hour fitness (toward 7-11) and Mcgreggors is across the street.

You do have to pay a couple $ to ride the trolley (bring cash)

VERY IMPORTANT: Park near an exit in the parking structure. It will take you forever to get out after the show if you don't park near an exit.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    see you guys down there!!!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    moloconomolocono Posts: 116
    Yeeeeah, I'll see all of you later today...!
  • Options
    Hey Eric, give me a call, i'm going to add some more stuff to donate.

818-427-9326

I'm donating sealed Ten, Vs and Vitalogy vinyl, the 2003 tour booklet/program, all of my christmas singles, and 4 VHS bootlegs.

I'm leaving Burbank here in about 30 mins, should be down there and at the pre-party around 3.30.

-Chris.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Cacique wrote:

Pick up a trolley day pass for $5. One-way passes are $2.50.

http://www.sdmts.com/fares.asp#daypass

Some of the machines take cards, but not all. I'd plan on using cash for the transaction.

When leaving SDSU, take the Green line towards Old Town. Going to Santee is the wrong way. Get off at Mission San Diego (two stops) which is where you can walk to McGregors from. If you get to Quallcom Stadium, you've gone too far. Here's the a link that shows the Mission trolley station stop and McGregors.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=mcgregors ... 117.110803
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I am actually there already it is very easy to get to.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    Anyone stayin at the Holiday Inn in Parkway driven or near? I need a ride at least to the trolley station ill be willing to pay for gas money. My wife and me would ver ver thankful see you later
  • Options
    EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    Great work by the volunteers!!! I am sad I was only there for a little bit at the very beginning and only met a few. :cry: I wanted to buy some stickers and t-shirts.

I had HUGE issues with 3 friends on delayed flights and getting tickets to two different hotels, so I would not have to wait outside and miss some of the show...had a dead phone, blah, blah, blah...It was a clusterfuck and I was driving around from after picking up tickets until about 7pm.

Anyway...just wanted to say GREAT job!