Options

San Diego Preparty & Fundraiser!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Go with the trolley....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Organizers/Volunteers: Evil Closet Monkey, CA_Teacher, Jessica (GITC)

email - <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@wishlistfoundation.org">info@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e -->

Dates:
    Friday, October 9th

Time:
    2:00 PM +

Where:
    McGregor's Grill & Ale House (21 yrs and older)
    10475 San Diego Mission Rd
    San Diego, CA 92108-2101
    (619) 282-9797

This is easy to get to and from the show (see below)

Trolley:
    http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Trolley.asp#schedule
    http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Cox_OAT.asp
    McGregors is the Mission San Diego stop, quick trip to SDSU from there

Beneficiary: Guitars in the Classroom

Fundraiser Gift w/Donation Items (subject to change):

Pick t-shirts
    Wristbands
    Stadium cups
    Stickers
    Keychains
    Mousepads
    Ticket albums

Fundraiser Raffle/Auction Items:
    Stuff from ECM - TBD
    Stuff from Dimitris - TBD
    PJ 2003 Skate Deck donated by Lizard!!!!!!
    2007 Holiday 45 single donated by Lizard
    2008 EV solo Chicago poster donated by Norm
    Various 2000 official bootlegs donated by LeatherMosquitoMan
    Calgary 2009 poster donated by Evergreen888
    various official 2000, 2003 and 2008 bootlegs donated by Evergreen888
    2008 Holiday 45 single donated by Evergreen888
    Ten Super Deluxe box set donated by Evergreen888
    2000 and 2003 original bootlegs, and 2008, 2007 holiday singles donated by pouch15

Donate items now! Tax deductible :D

Auction Items: TBA

Autographed items, TBA

Raffle Ticket Donation Prices:
    3 tickets for $5
    8 tickets for $10

No need to RSVP - just show up. Open to everyone.

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed!
    If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please send a PM! No unofficial bootleg items, please.

looking forward to seeing everyone there
  • Options
    Just spoke with McGregors:

As a courtousy, if there are a bunch of us (which I expect), please move your car somewhere else than in front of the place (aka McGregors) when you leave. McGregors is located in a strip mallish kind of place, so parking near the preparty shouldn't be an issue. The trolley also has parking, though it is an easy walk (about 1/4 mile).

Other than that we are all set!! :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532

As a courtousy, if there are a bunch of us (which I expect), please move your car somewhere else than in front of the place (aka McGregors) when you leave. McGregors is located in a strip mallish kind of place, so parking near the preparty shouldn't be an issue. The trolley also has parking, though it is an easy walk (about 1/4 mile).

Ok this isn't entirely correct...Parking in the area on a Friday can get hairy. The only trolley stop you can park at is the Qualcomm stadium parking lot which is a 10 minute walk to Mcgreggors. The closer trolley stop doesn't have parking (It's a 24hour fitness lot).

There is a lot of parking on the streets around the bar, but it fills up in the afternoons because there is so many apartments with limited parking (tenants park in the streets). Bar parking will fill up too if you get there after 4:30-5pm.

Your best bet is to park at the Qualcomm Stadium trolley station and make the walk Over/Under (two routes) the 15 freeway. This way after the show you can hop off the trolley and into your car without a walk.

PM me if you have questions
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    what are we going to do after the concert??
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    stickfig13 wrote:

Ok this isn't entirely correct...Parking in the area on a Friday can get hairy. The only trolley stop you can park at is the Qualcomm stadium parking lot which is a 10 minute walk to Mcgreggors. The closer trolley stop doesn't have parking (It's a 24hour fitness lot).

There is a lot of parking on the streets around the bar, but it fills up in the afternoons because there is so many apartments with limited parking (tenants park in the streets). Bar parking will fill up too if you get there after 4:30-5pm.

Your best bet is to park at the Qualcomm Stadium trolley station and make the walk Over/Under (two routes) the 15 freeway. This way after the show you can hop off the trolley and into your car without a walk.

Just wear a name tag (Or big Pink wig) so I can follow you to and from the venue and not get lost!! Thanks ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    See everyone there. Getting very excited. :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

I just went off of a quick conversation and not from SD....

appreciate the info!!!!....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Donated by PJ camp and will up for auction:

A 2009 SAN DIEGO POSTER SIGNED BY THE ENTIRE BAND

Artist TBA
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

Artist TBA

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options

Artist TBA

Awesome!!! :o:D :shock:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Single ticket
    Hey all - I'm still looking for a single ticket to the SD show... If you have any info on one, PM me :). Much appreciated!
  • Options
    4 days?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    btw - anyone have a cash box we can borrow from 2 PM to 6:30 PM?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    items added for raffle!

also, still looking for that cash box ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    not sure if I am going to be there (pre-party) probably not. But I would be glad to open up the bidding on that poster signed by the band at $350. :D
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    not sure if I am going to be there (pre-party) probably not. But I would be glad to open up the bidding on that poster signed by the band at $350. :D

Take it easy.

Gotta be there to bid.

NO SOUP FOR YOU.
  • Options
    that's too bad. just trying to help... 8-)
  • Options
    i can arrange for a cash box to be at the Omni in downtown SD by 1pm if one can't be found by then. Best i can do to help.
  • Options
    that's too bad. just trying to help... 8-)

I'm just giving you shit. Its all you.
  • Options
    up!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    stickfig13 wrote:
    MF258354 wrote:
    what is the cab situation like in san diego?
    do you think it would be easy to grab a cab after the show or am i better off trolley-ing it back to macgregors and landing a cab there?
    4 days away!

There are cabs, but that area tends to be kind of a mess. I would plan on taking the trolley to and from the venue.

Done and done. I think all the locals were planning that. 8-)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Bumpspacer!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    I'll be there :D
  • Options
    Anyone have an extra tix? I have another friend who wants to go. I'll be at the preparty.

PM me if you have an extra you want to part with. I'll buy you some beers in addition to the price of the tix
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    Stickfig13... I'm in the same boat as you. Looking for an extra if anyone has more.

Please help.

Greg

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:GSDuncan@gmail.com">GSDuncan@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->
  • Options
    How far is mcGrfegors and Viejas arena froom Chulavista? do you think I can manage myself without a Car? or do I rent one?
  • Options
    pouch15 wrote:
    How far is mcGrfegors and Viejas arena froom Chulavista? do you think I can manage myself without a Car? or do I rent one?

It's about a 20 minutes drive without traffic. You can take the trolley from down south to the college area (SDSU/Viejas) too. It might be a pain in the ass getting back after the concert though.

Personally I would get a car
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    pouch15 wrote:

It's about a 20 minutes drive without traffic. You can take the trolley from down south to the college area (SDSU/Viejas) too. It might be a pain in the ass getting back after the concert though.

Personally I would get a car

thanks, ill rent one for friday.
  • Options
    bump