Options

10/31 Spectrum added

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,796
    So the Flyers game is played in the same place as the PJ show ? ..how much parking do they have available ..

Yeah, same complex. And there may be a World Series game.......= Absolute Shit Show
  • Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 295
    So the Flyers game is played in the same place as the PJ show ? ..how much parking do they have available ..

Yeah, same complex. And there may be a World Series game.......= Absolute Shit Show

I love the confidence of the Phillies' fan. I wish people in my city had that kind of faith in our teams...
    09/04/93 * 07/19/98 * 11/05/00 * 05/30/03 * 09/02/05 * 09/04/05 * 09/05/05 * 09/07/05 * 07/21/06 * 07/22/06 * 04/02/08 (eV) * 04/03/08 (eV) * 09/21/09 * 09/22/09 * 09/25/09 * 07/15/11 (eV) * 09/25/11 * 12/04/13 * 08/10/18 * 05/04/24 * 05/06/24
  • Options
    pjheadpjhead Posts: 107

Flyers game is at 1 on 10/31. Flyers play at the Wachovia Center which is right next door to the Wachovia Spectrum. There is plenty of parking, they have multiple events all the time.
  • Options
    world series is tenatively scheduled to start 10/28 this year. American League won All Star game so they won't be in philly during these shows. and i do feel like i'm jinxing the phils by even mentioning.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I'm giddy thinking about this possibility...
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I'm seriously thinking about staying the whole weekend:

10/30 & 31 - PJ
    11/1 - Eagles vs. Giants (die hard Giants fan but know enough not to wear my colors in Philly lol)
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    From my experience I would say the pre-sale will be instantly after the 3rd show is announced, like they did with Chicago. And if they are waiting to see how fast the General Public sale goes, it should happen Friday afternoon. Just my 2 cents...

And I would bet the house on the 31st show happening.

My guess too and I bet it happens either tomorrow afternoon/evening or Monday.

Just like Chicago 2 - announcement and sale at the same time.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'm seriously thinking about staying the whole weekend:

10/30 & 31 - PJ
    11/1 - Eagles vs. Giants (die hard Giants fan but know enough not to wear my colors in Philly lol)

you should. the giants and eagles are the two best teams in the NFC going into the year. they will be battling for the division all year and you'd see a great game.
  • Options
    Tremor-ChrisTremor-Chris Posts: 233
    What we need here is a Red Sox vs. Phillies World Series, with a game Thursday night! :mrgreen:

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • Options
    screw the red sox
  • Options
    Tremor-ChrisTremor-Chris Posts: 233
    or a Celtics vs. 76'rs game.

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 443

Well according to this site, and assuming that the phillies make it to the world series it won't be an issue for this show. The series is suppose to be done by October 30 and even if it went to a game 7 with the AL winning the all star game they will be playing in New York ;)

Not sure if I can link to this place or if it is against the rules, the only place where I could find a post season schedule.

http://www.ticketcity.com/world-series-tickets.html

**Edit **

Well, now I am thoroughly confused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_World_Series

Apparently is scheduled to start on October 28, which if it follows the same schedule as the site above it would in fact put a game on the 31 as well as the 30. Although the Wikipedia page says that game 4 would be on Sunday November 1??? Well, whatever happens a PJ show on Halloween might be something to fly in for.
  • Options
    pjheadpjhead Posts: 107
    potnik wrote:

Well according to this site, and assuming that the phillies make it to the world series it won't be an issue for this show. The series is suppose to be done by October 30 and even if it went to a game 7 with the AL winning the all star game they will be playing in New York ;)

Not sure if I can link to this place or if it is against the rules, the only place where I could find a post season schedule.

http://www.ticketcity.com/world-series-tickets.html

**Edit **

Well, now I am thoroughly confused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_World_Series

Apparently is scheduled to start on October 28, which if it follows the same schedule as the site above it would in fact put a game on the 31 as well as the 30. Although the Wikipedia page says that game 4 would be on Sunday November 1??? Well, whatever happens a PJ show on Halloween might be something to fly in for.

The dates listed on the first site are the same as the 2008 dates. I think that any 2009 dates are tenative at this point.
  • Options
    this is from the philly inquirer today...worth noting

Pearl Jam to close Spectrum
    By Dan DeLuca

Inquirer Music Critic

As a concert venue, the Spectrum will not live to see Halloween. The Pearl Jam shows Oct. 28 and 30 announced last week will be the Spectrum's last.

Comcast-Spectacor said yesterday that the dates by Eddie Vedder and crew (on sale tomorrow on ComcastTIX.com and LiveNation.com) will be the final shows at the venue, which is being replaced by an entertainment complex.

Since the plan to destroy the Spectrum was announced last year, a number of big names have returned to play it rather than the spiffier, more cavernous Wachovia Center. They include Alan Jackson, Neil Young, the Dead, and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, who did two shows in April and will return to play the South Philadelphia building Oct. 13-14. (Tickets go on sale July 27.) Green Day plays a sold-out show there Tuesday.

Other big names are expected to be announced. Phish is one rumor; Bon Jovi wouldn't be a big surprise. When Pearl Jam last played the Spectrum in 2003, Vedder said: "It's really great to play a place with so much history and so much integration of culture. To be able to play the Spectrum is very memorable for us."

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/magazine ... ctrum.html
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 443
    pjhead wrote:
    The dates listed on the first site are the same as the 2008 dates. I think that any 2009 dates are tenative at this point.

The more I am looking into it, that is all I can gather. Trying to find out dates for the World Series is like trying to find out if Pearl Jam is playing somewhere. Just rampant speculation