Things you do that don't make sense.....

CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I always watch Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel but I don't watch any sports regularly. Usually I'm being introduced to the people they're talking to or about for the first time while I watch.... but yet I continue to watch. :?
"I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    That's pretty funny, this weekend it was on and I flipped to it and my girlfriend said, "really? We're going to watch this?" ... and I told her it's not really a sports show, it's a human interest show about people in the sporting world.

When I went to change it after the story I was watching ended, she said, "wait, what's the next story?"

ha ha.

Again, it's not really a "sports" show.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    jimed14 wrote:
    That's pretty funny, this weekend it was on and I flipped to it and my girlfriend said, "really? We're going to watch this?" ... and I told her it's not really a sports show, it's a human interest show about people in the sporting world.

When I went to change it after the story I was watching ended, she said, "wait, what's the next story?"

ha ha.

that's a good way to sum it up...
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Whenever I make microwave popcorn I always completely unfold the package and squeeze it a bunch to mix the butter around over all the kernels. I don't think it really does anything.
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
    in the shower I wash my entire body, then before I get out I wash my hands again.... I don't see how they got dirty when they were the ones holding the sudsy poofy loofa but it's a habit.
  • TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 535
    something I do that makes no sense... I check the PJ page a couple times a day waiting for NW shows to be announced... they will be playing here... right?
    Your light made us stars
    NS282646 wrote:
    something I do that makes no sense... I check the PJ page a couple times a day waiting for NW shows to be announced... they will be playing here... right?
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Before brushing my teeth, I always wet the toothbrush, apply toothpaste, then wet the toothbrush again before I start brushing. Never been sure why i wet it a second time. Maybe I do not like dry toothpaste.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Before brushing my teeth, I always wet the toothbrush, apply toothpaste, then wet the toothbrush again before I start brushing. Never been sure why i wet it a second time. Maybe I do not like dry toothpaste.
    I do the same thing..... don't ask me why.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    aNiMaL wrote:

me too :lol::lol:
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    norm wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

count me in on this one too.... ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    jimed14 wrote:

ha ha.

:lol::lol:
    Something my girlfriend would do.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    norm wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Add me to the list also. :lol::lol:
    NERDS!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,426

add me to that list............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724

The worst is when you do the second watering and it knocks your toothpaste off the brush. :twisted:
    NERDS!

The worst is when you do the second watering and it knocks your toothpaste off the brush. :twisted:
    :lol:
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i apply toothpaste then wet...

but i always put my left sock on first :roll:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300

me too :D i think i'm scared that i forgot to wet my toothbrush in the first place...yes my short term memory is that fleeting!

there are a lot of things that i do that don't make sense...i wouldn't even know where to start??! but i blame it all on ocd.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407

and me...hey SPEEDY!! ACL!!! 8-):D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027

I expect humanity to be humane. Never seems to happen, but I keep holding out.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • I eat Skittles in order.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    I always put my left contact in before my right contact. No idea why, just a habit....
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    I always greet a magpie,just a little nod in the birds direction is enough :?
  • I eat Skittles in order.

What order?
    I can't teach common sense.
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    I eat Skittles in order.
    wierdo :D
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I always put my left contact in before my right contact. No idea why, just a habit....
    That is actually a really good habit. My eye doctor taught me that eons ago. Always, always, always put the same one in first. For me it's he right contact. But, that way you will never out the wrong one in the wrong eye...or at least your chances of doing so are greatly reduced.
    I eat Skittles in order.
    what order?
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182

Add me too and I get cranky when I lose that toothpaste. Especially my toothpaste: Peppermint Tom's Of Maine it ain't cheap.

Keep brushing people just came from the dentist today for a filling and the novacaine has worn off. :evil:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• there's way too many for me to list :P

getting so excited and anxious for a bands tickets to go on sale and afford them. ITS A FUCKING BAND!!!! :P :lol::lol::lol:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    the wolf wrote:

I expect humanity to be humane. Never seems to happen, but I keep holding out.

Well said.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    aNiMaL wrote:

Me too.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13