Options

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• Options
    New interview with the band, including some details about other new songs https://www.nme.com/big-reads/red-hot-chili-peppers-cover-interview-2022-unlimited-love-3152682
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,805
    Holy shit. I was hoping for a monster track list. 
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Black summer video 
    https://youtu.be/OS8taasZl8k
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    I enjoy the new song, but as others have mentioned, it's tough for me to get past Anthony's vocal delivery.

On the vinyl, the colored ($39) is in a single sleeve, but the "deluxe" ($39) is black vinyl in a gatefold sleeve. Seems like an odd choice to me. Sidebar, sucks that all double LPs now are roughly $40. (and so is a single EV). 
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    17 track record! So looking forward to sprinting the Laker colored wax! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Picked up this pretty thing! Digging the new song
    Grabbed this as well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    There’s about five different colors so far for vinyl
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Lakers colours. dope. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lakers colours. dope. 
    Lots of music on this one. I don't see 17 track records all that often these days! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    yeah, i was pretty surprised to see that when I preordered this morning too Chris. stoked. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Lakers colours. dope. 
    Lots of music on this one. I don't see 17 track records all that often these days! 
    Damn right! Pumped!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Good song. I haven't really listened to anything since Stadium Arcadium when I saw them last on tour ('06 I think). Looking forward to hearing this new album and glad John is back. 
  • Options
    These dudes just belong together. Glad they found one another. I love how much they love making music. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Best concert I’ve ever seen was the RHCP in the 90s with John.   This songs decent   I’m sure the album will be good. Man there’s lots of colors of this.  
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,916
    Lakers colours. dope. 
    I missed out on this one. I ordered the red vinyl from Target.

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,950
    Good song. I haven't really listened to anything since Stadium Arcadium when I saw them last on tour ('06 I think). Looking forward to hearing this new album and glad John is back. 
    Same! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Lakers colours. dope. 
    I missed out on this one. I ordered the red vinyl from Target.

I wasn't going to order it, and good thing, cuz when I went to the website it was gone. *phew*, saved some bucks there
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    John’s guitar part is good, the rest is meh. I agree with others who have said that Anthony’s vocals are weird sounding. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    I think the vocals are great. I'm amazed to see the criticism here and on FB.  Seems like classic RHCP to me.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I think the vocals are great. I'm amazed to see the criticism here and on FB.  Seems like classic RHCP to me.
    Agreed! I like the bend in the lyrics that folks are calling weird too! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Folks shit all over By The Way when it came out. Even a local Warner rep I worked with complained that it was boring and not the real Chili Peppers. Now it’s highly regarded as one of their best LPs ever. Can’t please everyone! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    My idea of classic RHCP is Freaky Styley,  Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Mother’s Milk. I probably sound like one of the people on here who say PJ hasn’t put out anything interesting since VS. 🤣🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    My idea of classic RHCP is Freaky Styley,  Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Mother’s Milk. I probably sound like one of the people on here who say PJ hasn’t put out anything interesting since VS. 🤣🤷‍♂️
    Hahah! That’s a great comparison 
  • Options
    Folks shit all over By The Way when it came out. Even a local Warner rep I worked with complained that it was boring and not the real Chili Peppers. Now it’s highly regarded as one of their best LPs ever. Can’t please everyone! 
    Slowly became my favorite 
  • Options
    Oh, totally! It is a great comparison. I came into the band on Under The Bridge as a 13 year old and those soaring vocal melodies were imprinted into my musical preferences ever since! Also, Mothers Milk is BADASS! I don’t dislike pre-BSSM records either. After reading Scar Tissue, I revisited the records I overlooked and have more appreciation for their early work now. Love George Clinton’s influence! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Oh, totally! It is a great comparison. I came into the band on Under The Bridge as a 13 year old and those soaring vocal melodies were imprinted into my musical preferences ever since! Also, Mothers Milk is BADASS! I don’t dislike pre-BSSM records either. After reading Scar Tissue, I revisited the records I overlooked and have more appreciation for their early work now. Love George Clinton’s influence! 
    I got into them in 1985 in high school (yeah I am old) when KSJS (San Jose State University) was playing Freaky Styley. It blew me away! I enjoy the music after Mother’s Milk, and even the newer stuff, it just hasn’t hit me the way the first few albums did. They are still putting out quality songs after all these years, which is quite an accomplishment. Also who would have thought they would still be going after all these years and still kicking butt? When Hillel died and Jack left, I thought the band was done. Amazing!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Folks still shit all over it as far as I can tell. Maybe I’m just hyper sensitive to it since I’ve loved it since it was released.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    I think The Getaway is one of their best albums. 

I still have Mothers Milk on cassette.  I think it is the only cassette I held onto for some reason.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Freaky Styley cassette went with me everywhere between the ages of 10 and at least 12. Pretty sure I finally got my kickflip down while grooving to that one. 

It was the third cassette I had ever bought for myself. The first two were Purple Rain and Crazy from the Heat.

Ah, the days before the PMRC.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I think The Getaway is one of their best albums. 

I still have Mothers Milk on cassette.  I think it is the only cassette I held onto for some reason.
    I’m with you (haha). I think it’s very underrated