Options

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• Options
    I agree stadiums are too big for them but maybe they are doing that on purpose to leave more room for people? Maybe it’s the only way they feel comfortable touring. 
  • Options
    I really think someone has over estimated the demand to see them.  They are one of my favorite bands, but I am not paying the prices they are asking for to see them in a stadium.  I think I will take my chances with the secondary market for a show that is still almost a year away.
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    I got a Groupon for the Hella Mega Tour at Nats Park in DC for 3 tickets. I'll bet something similar will show up for these shows as well at some point. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    In the presale. GA $220 each and 400 level at $50 each for ATL. 

For a small upgrade to $85 you can get 300 level lmao. 

I will wait and see how badly I want to go and get the cheapest tix I can I guess
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2021
    Apparently, Fenway doesn’t want to sell tickets today. 

Edit: MLB’s system is fine for the Nats stadium show. Hmmph! Tempted to just buy tickets to that one. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,838
    Just got my tickets. The show is really far from now - but at least there is a date for them. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    dankind said:

Edit: MLB’s system is fine for the Nats stadium show. Hmmph! Tempted to just buy tickets to that one. 
    Yeah no explanation of why but Fenway appears to not be going on sale today.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

I will wait and see how badly I want to go and get the cheapest tix I can I guess
    They were more expensive at Metlife Stadium. GA Pit is $400, and floor seats are $300. The cheapest seats were the 3 sections at the top directly across from the stage for $61. Most of the nosebleeds were $81. I got the 100 level for $171. The closer 100 levels were $225. I figured $171 was a decent price and I am fairly low down in my section. But from what I can see, there are plenty of tickets left. It is certainly not a feeding frenzy like trying to get Pearl Jam tickets.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

They were more expensive at Metlife Stadium. GA Pit is $400, and floor seats are $300. The cheapest seats were the 3 sections at the top directly across from the stage for $61. Most of the nosebleeds were $81. I got the 100 level for $171. The closer 100 levels were $225. I figured $171 was a decent price and I am fairly low down in my section. But from what I can see, there are plenty of tickets left. It is certainly not a feeding frenzy like trying to get Pearl Jam tickets.

That is wild!!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I'm bummed there isn't a MN date. 
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:

Yeah no explanation of why but Fenway appears to not be going on sale today.
    Yet there are already resale tickets on TM?

I tried calling the Fenway Park ticket line, but the box office is closed today. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    The map of dates is strange. They go Vegas to GA; Michigan to NY to Chicago to Toronto to Miami. Then they run up the east coast for 4 dates before going back to Orlando (and Camping World Stadium is seriously the worst place I've ever been to a concert). 
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    The map of dates is strange. They go Vegas to GA; Michigan to NY to Chicago to Toronto to Miami. Then they run up the east coast for 4 dates before going back to Orlando (and Camping World Stadium is seriously the worst place I've ever been to a concert). 
    I wonder if they had to work around other bands scrambling to reschedule venues. 
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    got atlanta tickets. i feel dirty...
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,951
    I tried to get Nashville and Chicago tix saturday and got locked out.  I guess TM thought I was a scalper or a bot for having two windows open or something.

Not much left in the presale yesterday when I logged in to a different computer so fuck it.  I'll wait until closer to show time as I think there will be plenty of tickets to be had at a more reasonable price.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Response from Fenway folks: 

Hello,

The Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at Fenway is not on sale yet. This show is not part of their national on sale. More details will be available at https://www.mlb.com/redsox/tickets/concerts/red-hot-chili-peppers once details are finalized for sales to that show.

Thank you,
    Boston Red Sox Ticket Services

OK, then.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    also, i am not a fan of baseball stadium shows, sound is typically not great in stands. so many good venues in atlanta that can handle a show like this, not sure why baseball stadiums tend to be a go to.  well, $$$$$$$
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    I tried to get Nashville and Chicago tix saturday and got locked out.  I guess TM thought I was a scalper or a bot for having two windows open or something.

Not much left in the presale yesterday when I logged in to a different computer so fuck it.  I'll wait until closer to show time as I think there will be plenty of tickets to be had at a more reasonable price.
    I would expect that people will be giving away tickets by the time these shows come around (venues are way too big for RHCP), but I'm usually wrong, so...grain of salt.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    also, i am not a fan of baseball stadium shows, sound is typically not great in stands. so many good venues in atlanta that can handle a show like this, not sure why baseball stadiums tend to be a go to.  well, $$$$$$$
    agreed....I'll go if it is a favorite band but baseball stadiums fucking suck for so many reasons

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    agreed....I'll go if it is a favorite band but baseball stadiums fucking suck for so many reasons
    I have held out so far on stadium shows. Might continue that, but RHCP is a rare one where I will consider it like PJ.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Camping World Stadium in Orlando is not a baseball stadium, but an old college football type stadium. It is in a terrible location, and I think only recently started hosting large events. I saw GNR there a few years ago and it was the worst. The band was good, but the entire event staff was incapable of realizing that there would be 20,000 people there. Parking sucks, you are discouraged from walking through the nearby areas, since they are not friendly areas, and since they rarely have events there, it is a huge mess when one does occur. Others have told me similar stories. 
  • Options
    Venue doesn't matter on this one to me. If John Frusciante is playing guitar in the Bog of Eternal Stench, I'm lining up for a ticket!

Meanwhile, I'd just like to be able to use the presale code I got for my local show. Nothing going on at Fenway for a few days, so get this shit sorted, box office gnomes!

:weary:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Dankind, walking to his seats to see Frusciante:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yeah, I just got an email from the ticket office that ALCS tickets go on sale on Oct. 15 at 10, which is supposed the same time that RHCP tickets go on sale to the general public.

Argh!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    dankind said:
    Yeah, I just got an email from the ticket office that ALCS tickets go on sale on Oct. 15 at 10, which is supposed the same time that RHCP tickets go on sale to the general public.

Argh!
    Yeah but I don't think Fenway RHCP tix will go on sale on 10/15. They will be at a later date I imagine.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Hope they tour on a new record for you all! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:

Argh!
    Yeah but I don't think Fenway RHCP tix will go on sale on 10/15. They will be at a later date I imagine.
    They have to. I don't think the system can handle it otherwise.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Of course, I'm still going to refresh this page every waking minute.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,815
    RHCP and PJ playing a week apart in Italy. trying to convince my wife and our friends (the guy has family in Italy and visits often) to do it. 
    that would be awesome
    idea got shat on. 

sell me your signed PJ poster to cheer me up. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RHCP and PJ playing a week apart in Italy. trying to convince my wife and our friends (the guy has family in Italy and visits often) to do it. 
    that would be awesome
    idea got shat on. 

sell me your signed PJ poster to cheer me up. 
    how about one bitcoin?