Options

The *OFFICIAL* Release Pearl Jam Unplugged on DVD/CD Thread

Comments

• Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    dubwise wrote:
    I just transfered a copy of my vhs of the unplugged session that I can share and seed on a torrent site like the traders den. It does not have the time box and is pretty good quality for coming from an old boot vhs tape.
    Where did this boot come from? Were you there?

Of course you should post it immediately!!
  • Options
    billyruff wrote:
    Is it ready yet ,is it ready yet,Is it ready yet ,is it ready yet,Is it ready yet ,is it ready yet,

Something to look forward to.maybe
    If I say yes that's a lie, but if I say no it's a lie. So.......uh.....soon?
  • Options
    dubwisedubwise Posts: 5
    So I did transfer the version that was on a bootleg vhs I had. But I can't seed it on a torrent site like traders den or DIME because on the bootleg it also had the Temple of the Dog "hunger strike" video so it is considered to have official material in it. I could retransfer it without that video, but it got me thinking that I remember recording it myself once. I pulled out a few old vhs tapes and I found I different version that was my master recording. It is much better quality than the one on the boot vhs. I will transfer it tomorrow, but this version has commercials I have to edit out and that will take a couple days.

I will come back to this tread to leave a link to where I seed the DVD when it is done. If you can't wait the version I already made is in my share on the echoeshub, but that is a serious live music collectors hub where you need to start a folder of at of lossless live nonofficial shows and follow the rules.

You can check the traders den to see the Pearl Jam at the singles pre. party dvd that i made right now too.
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    dubwise wrote:
    So I did transfer the version that was on a bootleg vhs I had. But I can't seed it on a torrent site like traders den or DIME because on the bootleg it also had the Temple of the Dog "hunger strike" video so it is considered to have official material in it. I could retransfer it without that video, but it got me thinking that I remember recording it myself once. I pulled out a few old vhs tapes and I found I different version that was my master recording. It is much better quality than the one on the boot vhs. I will transfer it tomorrow, but this version has commercials I have to edit out and that will take a couple days.

I will come back to this tread to leave a link to where I seed the DVD when it is done. If you can't wait the version I already made is in my share on the echoeshub, but that is a serious live music collectors hub where you need to start a folder of at of lossless live nonofficial shows and follow the rules.

You can check the traders den to see the Pearl Jam at the singles pre. party dvd that i made right now too.

Wow. You really put alot of work into this. Respect!
    From what you write this sounds pretty promissing. Maybe I'll take up the downloading again. Something I had pretty much given up on, after my third computercrash, due to infected files.
    However this does not satisfy our need for an official release. So MTV, if you're reading this, RELEASE IT NOW!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dubwise wrote:

Sounds promising. I look forward to your next post.
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    danny72688 wrote:
    Sounds promising. I look forward to your next post.
    So do I!!!! :eek:

I've got the youtubes of Unplugged on my ipod and a DVD. It's ok on the small ipod screen, but crap on the TV screen.....it's the best I can do though and still watch it at least once a day :o

A proper copy would be GREAT!!!! :D and without the annoying clock thing - excellent!!
    Just hope this isn't gonna be too technical for me....I'm definitely not very good with these things :o
  • Options
    So this morning I put in my version that I recorded, I was bummed that it was missing about 1 minute of the first song Alive. My master copy is by far better quality than the one I have from the boot VHS. It has a crisper and more richer color. But since it is would not be a complete show to share, I have reservations as to which version I should share on the traders den.

Give me some idea what you hardcore PJ fans here think would be best. I will check back here later today. Peace.
  • Options
    dubwise wrote:
    So this morning I put in my version that I recorded, I was bummed that it was missing about 1 minute of the first song Alive. My master copy is by far better quality than the one I have from the boot VHS. It has a crisper and more richer color. But since it is would not be a complete show to share, I have reservations as to which version I should share on the traders den.

Give me some idea what you hardcore PJ fans here think would be best. I will check back here later today. Peace.

Arrrgghhh...!!We never win, do we?
    Best version with a minutte missing of the song that made alot of us fans or a slightly poorer version, but the full show........Can't decide:(
    We could send this matter to Japan and let the 8 greatest heads of this world decide......No wait. That wont work. They'll just come up with some halfassed solution, that doesn't work and doesn't affect them.

How about sharing both of them and let people decide which one they like the most?
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    dubwise wrote:

I vote for quality. Unless there's some way to connect the beginning of the boot Alive to the master copy, then that's my vote. Would the difference be annoyingly noticeable?
  • Options
    OK, so what I think I will do is seed the boot version on a torrent site (not sure which) and then when I finish converting my master and editing out the commercials, I will share that one too.

I will pop back in here when I figure out the best place to torrent the boot version.
  • Options
    dubwise wrote:
    OK, so what I think I will do is seed the boot version on a torrent site (not sure which) and then when I finish converting my master and editing out the commercials, I will share that one too.

I will pop back in here when I figure out the best place to torrent the boot version.
    Sounds good. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    Release Unplugged now!!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    So I did seed the unplugged show on a site called the traders den.

Here is the link to the tread and a copy of the text file:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=930318#post930318

Pearl Jam

MTV Unplugged, New York, NY 03/16/92 + Promo Piece

I have seen unplugged as the 16th and 14th on etree, but I think the 16th is
    correct.

I know most have seen this a million times on TV, and this version
    that is not the best quality, but it is my only complete version AND it contains parts of a cool Band Promo piece. I do have a master version which has a better richer picture, but is missing SL&T.

Recording source: VHS TAPE BOOTLEG from Mayheem Records in Westwood

Transfer: VHS > SA DVD/VHS combo (Samsung DVD-VR375) > DVD Master > NeroVision> DVD5

Taper: unknown

- Audio Codec: AC3
    - Audio Bitrate: 0xbd[0x80]:48000Hz 256 kb/s tot , stereo (2/0)
    - Video System: NTSC 29.97
    - Video Bitrate: 4497 kbps

Promo Piece with short interview clip and clip of original "hunger Strike" video

Unplugged

State of Love & Trust
    Alive
    Black
    Jeremy
    Porch
    Even Flow

Another Classic From The Dubwise Garage Collection

Fingerprints:

footprints:

a386c994e4340f9be63c8c47f208726e *VIDEO_TS.BUP
    a386c994e4340f9be63c8c47f208726e *VIDEO_TS.IFO
    a6be98dbefa5899a8635d6fe1cdcd4e7 *VIDEO_TS.VOB
    48e241bb4d4c9e758c91c43660562ce0 *VTS_01_0.BUP
    48e241bb4d4c9e758c91c43660562ce0 *VTS_01_0.IFO
    f89f6e918f0c5eefbcb65f5d63eeaade *VTS_01_1.VOB
    1560f4aedc01abc2ceda2e7ff4fcc059 *VTS_01_2.VOB

No errors occured.

Checksum file saved to disk.
  • Options
    we need a digital version from original masters...please release it!
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    That video was cool 16 years ago.. I'd rather have them put their energy into releasing some Eddie solo boots or a new album.
  • Options
    dubwise wrote:

Pearl Jam

correct.

that is not the best quality, but it is my only complete version AND it contains parts of a cool Band Promo piece. I do have a master version which has a better richer picture, but is missing SL&T.

Transfer: VHS > SA DVD/VHS combo (Samsung DVD-VR375) > DVD Master > NeroVision> DVD5

Promo Piece with short interview clip and clip of original "hunger Strike" video

Unplugged

State of Love & Trust
    Alive
    Black
    Jeremy
    Porch
    Even Flow

Fingerprints:

footprints:

No errors occured.

Gotta check this out when I get home!
  • Options
    That video was cool 16 years ago.. I'd rather have them put their energy into releasing some Eddie solo boots or a new album.
    Nostalgia?
  • Options
    dubwise wrote:

Pearl Jam

correct.

Unplugged

State of Love & Trust
    Alive
    Black
    Jeremy
    Porch
    Even Flow

Fingerprints:

footprints:

No errors occured.

I can't tell you how awesome this is. The extra stuff in the beginning was quite tasteful. You are an awesome person!
  • Options

That's the beauty of it. They don't have to put any energy into it. It's already done and just sits there on a shelf gathering dust.
    So while they're in the studio, they can just say: "Hey listen. While we're inhere, could you find that old Unplugged we did for MTV. Just make it sound great and release it, while the fans are waiting."

Oh and bump btw.....
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    yeah...we are waiting for a looooong time...release it!
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    would PJ own the rights for this, or would it be MTV or Sony/Epic

Cant come soon enough tho
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    smile05 wrote:
    would PJ own the rights for this, or would it be MTV or Sony/Epic

Cant come soon enough tho

A bit of all the above. MTV and Epic would retain rights to some of the royalties for sure.
  • Options
    A bit of all the above. MTV and Epic would retain rights to some of the royalties for sure.

As Eddie says in IIC

Just sit the most important guys in a room and thrash it out.

This goes for Unplugged

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

• Options
    smile05 wrote:
    As Eddie says in IIC

Just sit the most important guys in a room and thrash it out.

This goes for Unplugged

Yep, it's a har ass negotiation is all. If I recall though, Ed wa snot happy with the show or it's sound at all and hence why it never surfaced.I doubt the band will ever release this thing. Maybe they will oen day do another Unplugged with VH1 though.
  • Options
    Yep, it's a har ass negotiation is all. If I recall though, Ed wa snot happy with the show or it's sound at all and hence why it never surfaced.I doubt the band will ever release this thing. Maybe they will oen day do another Unplugged with VH1 though.

Fuck me, a new unplugged ~~~~~~~~~pick your wishlist songs now

marker in the sand
    not for you
    corduroy
    present tense
    i am mine
    all those yesterdays
    leash
    indifference

THAT WOULD SO NEED RELEASING

• Options
    smile05 wrote:
    Fuck me, a new unplugged ~~~~~~~~~pick your wishlist songs now

marker in the sand
    not for you
    corduroy
    present tense
    i am mine
    all those yesterdays
    leash
    indifference

THAT WOULD SO NEED RELEASING
    For my wishlist Unplugged?

Black
    Even Flow
    WMA

Sometimes
    Cant Keep
    Blood/Spin the Black Circle

All Those Yesterdays

Of course Blood/Spin the Black Circle would have to be rearranged or reworked but I'd love to hear it acoustic back to back!
  • Options
    Bump mothafucka!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Bump mothafucka!

Bump x2
    how's it going to get released if it doesn't get regular bumps

• Options
    Bump.
  • Options
    RobynRAZRobynRAZ Posts: 56
    bumpity bump bump
    I'm too young to be old and too old to be young; I just don't fit anywhere.

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
    9/28/09 - SLC, UT 6/17/08 - Virginia Beach, VA
    7/7/06 - San Diego, CA 9/1/05 - George, WA
    6/7/03 - Phoenix, AZ 10/21/00 - Phoenix, AZ
    7/8/98 - Phoenix, AZ 10/7/96 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL