Options

The *OFFICIAL* Release Pearl Jam Unplugged on DVD/CD Thread

Comments

• Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Well, the official dvd would sure be better than my VHS copy.

Ah, yes. I remember my VHS copy.

That would have been during my pre-YDWWMPJC days...

(...dabs a tear and directs dagger-thoughts at ex)
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Ah, yes. I remember my VHS copy.

That would have been during my pre-YDWWMPJC days...

(...dabs a tear and directs dagger-thoughts at ex)

Is it time to unleash the flying monkeys?
    :D;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Is it time to unleash the flying monkeys?
    :D;)

Their training is coming along well. They now recognize the "M", but they're a little iffy on TV. At this point, all they'd go after would be the nearest McDonalds.
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Their training is coming along well. They now recognize the "M", but they're a little iffy on TV. At this point, all they'd go after would be the nearest McDonalds.

Mmmmmm McDonald's :D McDonald's would go good with some Unplugged right about now.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Mmmmmm McDonald's :D McDonald's would go good with some Unplugged right about now.

Yes, but once the flying monkeys got there, it would be next to impossible to get them to leave, so you see my problem.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Yes, but once the flying monkeys got there, it would be next to impossible to get them to leave, so you see my problem.

MTV is definitely the place for them then. Or Lifetime ;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    MTV is definitely the place for them then. Or Lifetime ;)

Lifetime....ewwww....

(No offense to big Lifetime fans, but...)

Nope, too many letters. Their fuzzy little brains shortcircuit at more than 3 letters. Not a pretty picture.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Lifetime....ewwww....

(No offense to big Lifetime fans, but...)

Nope, too many letters. Their fuzzy little brains shortcircuit at more than 3 letters. Not a pretty picture.

VH1 is another good place to send them (though I shamefully watched it for a few hours last night). Then again, there was Storytellers... The VH1 version of Unplugged. Release Unplugged!!!!
  • Options
    Unplugged? :)
  • Options
    Code13Code13 Posts: 17
    If any UNPLUGGED performance is going to be release any time soon, it better be NIRVANA's show. Seriously, why the hell is that taking so long? There's rumors every year of a potential release..but still theres no DVD!

I think PEARL JAM's Unplugged performance should stay in the vaults forevor. It just seems soooo dated now. And the show is wayyy overrated by most of you. It's just a typical rock concert done with acoustic guitar instead of electric. And I can't stand the crowd in attendance. Annoys the fkcu outta me!

PJ should release a DVD from the Vitalogy era. Or wait, i have a better idea, the managers of Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam should get together and discuss the possibilities of a DVD release of the little west coast tour they all did back in '91 together. That would be sure to kick me ass.

Thanks.
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Code13 wrote:
    If any UNPLUGGED performance is going to be release any time soon, it better be NIRVANA's show. Seriously, why the hell is that taking so long? There's rumors every year of a potential release..but still theres no DVD!

I think PEARL JAM's Unplugged performance should stay in the vaults forevor. It just seems soooo dated now. And the show is wayyy overrated by most of you. It's just a typical rock concert done with acoustic guitar instead of electric. And I can't stand the crowd in attendance. Annoys the fkcu outta me!

PJ should release a DVD from the Vitalogy era. Or wait, i have a better idea, the managers of Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam should together and discuss the possibilities of a DVD release of the little west coast tour they all did back in '91 together. That would be sure to kick me ass.

Thanks.

You're on crack. Nirvana's unplugged was overhyped.

However, they could release them together and as much as I'm no Nirvana fan, I'd buy it.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    You say "dated," I say "classic," but thanks for playing. ;)

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    I have an official Nirvana Unplugged release on VHS. It's an import though. If Pearl Jam has an official import I'll buy that. Thanks for the bump anyway :)
  • Options
    Please keep those votes coming, folks. Tell your friends!

Don't forget, PJ Unplugged is good for you! It 's fat-free, organic, and chock full of classic PJ goodness. Also known to promote feelings of contentment and wellbeing. Peace, harmony, and good karma abound.

So what are you waiting for? Vote now!

Tx

:D

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    RobertRobert Posts: 22
    Just signed it!
  • Options
    pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

This is perhaps the greatest gig they've ever done!
    Just a breath taking performance!
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • Options
    Robert wrote:
    Just signed it!
    pazman wrote:
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

This is perhaps the greatest gig they've ever done!
    Just a breath taking performance!

THANKS! :D I needed some votes to lift my weekend :)
  • Options
    4:20 and Unplugged. Nice :cool:
  • Options
    Keep on rockin' in the free world.
    :)
  • Options
    Thanks, people! danny72688, thanks for the updates on the petition numbers, you gave the other day, too. Encouraging to see that people are signing!

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Thanks, people! danny72688, thanks for the updates on the petition numbers, you gave the other day, too. Encouraging to see that people are signing!

Yeah, better that than the thread :D People are silently hoping ;) Bitches!
    Where is everyone this weekend?!
  • Options
    i know this probably has been mentioned, just download it and make your own dvd and cd
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    i know this probably has been mentioned, just download it and make your own dvd and cd

I'm lazy ;) I want all the inbetween talking and the encore and stuff. I'm a greedy punk. And no fucking bars!
  • Options
    Unplugged is better than caffeine.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Tis done....:)
  • Options

Much appreciation. :D

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121

Is it even available without the counters? I haven't been able to find it....
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options

Ah thanks :D
  • Options
    And...a BUMP for the cause!

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    is this being given to MTV? cause they have the rights to the show.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times