Options

Gavin Rosdale makes PJ look very good.

CG49089CG49089 Posts: 109
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Not to blatantly bash anyone... but did anyone see Gavin Rosdale on Conan tonight... that was pretty bad... and I generally liked Bush....

I was about to turn the TV off and then Conan mentioned Gavin Rosdale would be on next, so I stuck around to see how his solo material sounded... man... if people thought Eddie sounded bad on Conan, then I think different standards apply... the song... his outfit... the dancing... the singing... all just not good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    PJ makes PJ look VERY good. :)
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    CG49089CG49089 Posts: 109
    over_bends wrote:
    PJ makes PJ look VERY good. :)

also true
  • Options
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • Options
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Holy crap! 2 minutes of that was enough, probably to much.

I've always been a Bush fan, saw them every time they went on tour BUT that was HORRIBLE!!! what the hell was he doing? his dancing was the worst thing ever, no ryhtm at all and he looked a Jonas Brother!
    His voice is not what it used to be, he is struggling :(
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Elixir wrote:

I feel gay from just watching that. :?

why do you you guys like throwing the word gay around when talking down on something? :? (nothing against you in particular, but I was almost expecting that someone would say that was "so gay" or something like that) :(
  • Options
    Because Gay means happy.......... :lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    man that sucked
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    dear god, also a bush fan, but shit that was awful
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420

I've always been a Bush fan, saw them every time they went on tour BUT that was HORRIBLE!!! what the hell was he doing? his dancing was the worst thing ever, no ryhtm at all and he looked a Jonas Brother!

i made it maby 45 seconds..

is it harder to sing and dance at same time..like playing guitar and singing?..but why is even dancing?
    is this that holler back girl's fault?
    so confused
  • Options
    zezitozezito Posts: 164

1 minute was enough for me!
    So sad... I like a lot bush old stuff as well! Jonas No Doubt Rosdale dancing queen!
    "...take care of a couple of requests...one is from last night...I don't know if you are here again tonight...this first one...I'm not gonna tell you!"
    EV Adelaide 22-11-2006 ... yep I was there ... THANKS!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I thought the drummer in the background was even worse. He looked like some meat head guido trying to show off on the drums by bashing them as hard as possible.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    I thought the drummer in the background was even worse. He looked like some meat head guido trying to show off on the drums by bashing them as hard as possible.

but he's in a rock band, isn't that what he's supposed to do? ;) (I'm kidding obviously)
  • Options
    mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    i felt sad for him during this performance, im hopin the sound techs havent gotten the studio down yet, or gavin rossdale is over with, i enjoyed bush and was kinda suprised how much substance was missing from the lyrics and his energy, i think he knows hes done
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    i felt sad for him during this performance, im hopin the sound techs havent gotten the studio down yet, or gavin rossdale is over with, i enjoyed bush and was kinda suprised how much substance was missing from the lyrics and his energy, i think he knows hes done

You're exactly on point. It WAS sad to watch and he doesn't look very happy about what he's doing either.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Elixir wrote:

I feel gay from just watching that. :?

why do you you guys like throwing the word gay around when talking down on something? :? (nothing against you in particular, but I was almost expecting that someone would say that was "so gay" or something like that) :(

Thanks for acknowledging this. I've noticed a lot of that on here too.
  • Options
    Child Of The 90sChild Of The 90s Posts: 526
    edited June 2009
    I had to turn off the tv when I saw this too. Makes me sad because I really liked Sixteen Stone. I never really listened to any of his other work, but it blows my mind how someone can go from something so good to something so terrible.
  • Options
    weenie wrote:

You're exactly on point. It WAS sad to watch and he doesn't look very happy about what he's doing either.

Now that you guys mention it, I too felt sad watching it, maybe its because I’ve always loved Bush and that was just painful to watch!
    Gavin needs to reevaluate his dancing, maybe he just shouldn’t dance at all, he never danced like that to Bush songs… maybe its Gwen Stefani’s influence! LOL :twisted:
  • Options

Thanks for acknowledging this. I've noticed a lot of that on here too.

I try not to be nasty about it though.

I realize that many people don’t realize that it can hurt other people’s feelings, and it just kinda comes out.
    But whenever I see it or hear, even with my own family and friends and try not to ignore it and usually respectfully tell them what I think about that word being used like that.

I know now that Elixir didn’t’ mean any disrespect.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    hmm. vocals sounded dry but overall he wasn't "that" bad. Straining at the end a bit but some solid reverb would cover that right up. This coming from a non fan for the most part.

The dancing was horrendous. This guy and Cornell were meant to have guitars in their hands imo. I feel like they just look naked and out of place without them.

i won't buy this album
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    He shoulda just played Insect Kin and been done with it........
  • Options

The dancing was horrendous. This guy and Cornell were meant to have guitars in their hands imo.

LOL! :lol:
    He shoulda just played Insect Kin and been done with it........

That has to be THE cutest avatar ever!!!
  • Options
    thanks..... ;)
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    CG49089 wrote:
    Not to blatantly bash anyone... but did anyone see Gavin Rosdale on Conan tonight... that was pretty bad... and I generally liked Bush....

I was about to turn the TV off and then Conan mentioned Gavin Rosdale would be on next, so I stuck around to see how his solo material sounded... man... if people thought Eddie sounded bad on Conan, then I think different standards apply... the song... his outfit... the dancing... the singing... all just not good.

Wait wait...there was DANCING? I have to go watch that...
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    wasn't QUITE as bad as i was expecting.... but still pretty bad. plus, who the flock puts a huge picture of their own face on their album cover??? that seems pretty bad...

and to address all the "gay" bashing that goes on here... regardless of people NOT meaning to poke fun at gay people by using the word to replace "lame" or "stupid".... it's gotta stop someday, right?

i know we all prolly grew up in the non-PC 80's and 90's where it was fine to use the word gay to mean negative... but c'mon people. i am constantly correcting a lot of my friends who do the same thing. i happen to have a few gay friends and i can sympathize with their plight... even if people don't mean harm, their ignorance of why it's just not right has got to stop. it's really just small-mindedness that allows it to go on...

let's put it to bed already....
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Wow that was pretty horrible.

He obviously learned/stole all those dance moves from his wife.

However, at least you could understand about 90% of his lyrics, as opposed to Pearl Jam, where you could NOT understand about 90% of the lyrics. That wasn't their fault, the sound just sucked that first night, but 90% of the people watching that night won't know that.

Yes, I'm using 90% a lot. Let me just say that 90% (+10%) of Gavin's dance moves were god-awful.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    BH71937 wrote:

and to address all the "gay" bashing that goes on here... regardless of people NOT meaning to poke fun at gay people by using the word to replace "lame" or "stupid".... it's gotta stop someday, right?

i know we all prolly grew up in the non-PC 80's and 90's where it was fine to use the word gay to mean negative... but c'mon people. i am constantly correcting a lot of my friends who do the same thing. i happen to have a few gay friends and i can sympathize with their plight... even if people don't mean harm, their ignorance of why it's just not right has got to stop. it's really just small-mindedness that allows it to go on...

let's put it to bed already....

I agree. I just think that sometimes people need to be told once and they realize that when they say it, it hurt someone’s feelings. There was a time when using the word “gay” to mean something lame or stupid was rolling out of everyone’s tongue and many people got used to it.

So I think its just a matter of giving people a chance to correct it.
    There is a new commercial, actually a couple, one of them has Hilary Duff on it and they address this problem among young people, I’m constantly telling my brother in law to quit using that word to talk down on things, I think I’m finally getting through to him.

And going back to Gavin, you gotta admit that the dancing was HORRIBLE!!! :lol:
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Yeah, they really did look like Gwen's moves.

When I first heard Sixteen Stone, it absolutely blew me away and I became a huge fan. The band tapered off, which happens. THIS though is really a long fall. I hate to see it. He was a pretty talented songwriter/singer.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    good god, that was terrible. i've never seriously watched someone perform on tv before & thought to myself "I can dance better than that!!" until now. yikes.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Wtf... that looked like Ricky Martin trying out rock for the first time.

I was never a huge Bush fan past the 1st album... they progressively got worse with each one and now it seems this gentleman has hit rock bottom, musically.