Options

Gavin Rosdale makes PJ look very good.

2»

Comments

• Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    BH71937 wrote:

and to address all the "gay" bashing that goes on here... regardless of people NOT meaning to poke fun at gay people by using the word to replace "lame" or "stupid".... it's gotta stop someday, right?

i know we all prolly grew up in the non-PC 80's and 90's where it was fine to use the word gay to mean negative... but c'mon people. i am constantly correcting a lot of my friends who do the same thing. i happen to have a few gay friends and i can sympathize with their plight... even if people don't mean harm, their ignorance of why it's just not right has got to stop. it's really just small-mindedness that allows it to go on...

let's put it to bed already....

I agree. I just think that sometimes people need to be told once and they realize that when they say it, it hurt someone’s feelings. There was a time when using the word “gay” to mean something lame or stupid was rolling out of everyone’s tongue and many people got used to it.

So I think its just a matter of giving people a chance to correct it.
    There is a new commercial, actually a couple, one of them has Hilary Duff on it and they address this problem among young people, I’m constantly telling my brother in law to quit using that word to talk down on things, I think I’m finally getting through to him.

And going back to Gavin, you gotta admit that the dancing was HORRIBLE!!! :lol:

yeah, it's kind of like the "n-word".... i think it used to get thrown around a lot, but over time people realized how hurtful it really was/is, and now it is pretty taboo (for instance, i said "n-word" instead of saying the actual word)

only the true racist dares to use the word now... maybe one day the same will be said for people using "gay" in a negative way... only the true homo-phobe will use it in such a way.
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    She was the fire
    I was the wood

That's as far as I got.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    nukeboot wrote:
    She was the fire
    I was the wood

That's as far as I got.

HA!!! As soon as I heard that line, I was like "what the fuck did he just say?" ALMOST turned it off then but had to watch....it's kinda like a car crash, you just gotta watch it.....and then cry.....uncontrollably.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    anyone notice the video has been taken down

its that bad :o
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i wasnt surprised by it... ive heard his solo shit on the radio station they play where i work... its mixed in with the american idol twats, fergie, pink, coldplay, and nickleback... thats ALL they play... i did a tally once

anyway, the mans been completely castrated... not that bush was ever really that cool either
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    LukinFan wrote:
    he was really funny as usual... cant wait to see the new woody allen movie with him

dunno why they would sit him down next to LC :? or why she was there in the first place... they didnt really talk about anything... that second guest spot is always kindof a waste
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I haven't read through all the post in this thread so it's possible someone already said what I'm going to say.

I saw Gavin Rossdale last month at the House of Blues and thought his show was very good. It was a nice mix of his whole career and a cover of fleetwood mac's "landslide." I honestly think his solo stuff comes off far better live than it does on the album. It has to be Conan's studio. I've figured that alot of studiios (not all) are plauged by sound and tech issues. It happens even at actual concerts from time to time.

Gavin Rossdale is good show to see. If you are a fan of Bush or Institute then go see the show, he does a little bit of everything. I'm suprised that he didn't play any "Razorblade suitcase" Bush material though when I saw him.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    red mos wrote:
    I haven't read through all the post in this thread so it's possible someone already said what I'm going to say.

I saw Gavin Rossdale last month at the House of Blues and thought his show was very good. It was a nice mix of his whole career and a cover of fleetwood mac's "landslide." I honestly think his solo stuff comes off far better live than it does on the album. It has to be Conan's studio. I've figured that alot of studiios (not all) are plauged by sound and tech issues. It happens even at actual concerts from time to time.

Gavin Rossdale is good show to see. If you are a fan of Bush or Institute then go see the show, he does a little bit of everything. I'm suprised that he didn't play any "Razorblade suitcase" Bush material though when I saw him.

yep I agree, saw him about a month ago and it was sweet to hear some old Bush songs. He sounded good and the new songs came off pretty good live (not that I'm a fan of them, hadn't heard any of them except for what made it to radio). nothing off "RS" was a disappointment thought. But over all I felt it was totally worth the 25 bucks to hear some great Bush songs.
  • Options
    The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255
    PURE GARBAGE!
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • Options
    AlltheWay23AlltheWay23 Posts: 158
    Gavin Rossdale gets the last laugh at anyone that makes fun of him. He's married to Gwen Stefani.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    based on the bashing in this tread, I'm going to have to go find this video and watch for myself....

EDIT: I made it to 42 seconds in had to turn it off. sorry gavin, try again. And lose the Iverson arm sleeve while you're at it.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    Gavin Rossdale gets the last laugh at anyone that makes fun of him. He's married to Gwen Stefani.

Does he have to listen to her solo music? :P
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,526
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i wasnt surprised by it... ive heard his solo shit on the radio station they play where i work... its mixed in with the american idol twats, fergie, pink, coldplay, and nickleback... thats ALL they play... i did a tally once

anyway, the mans been completely castrated... not that bush was ever really that cool either

This is the best post concerning this topic.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    edited June 2009
    Alright red mos and BrainOfJHA! Lol!

I don’t quite understand dancing like that to rock music myself but after seeing him in may I’ve gotten used to it.

He puts on a great live show. really.
    Those moves are signature Gavin and although I recognize the cringe factor going on, seeing him wiggle around like that makes me giggle. Not laugh at him but I get the feeling that’s the true Gavin and I’m happy for him. he's trying something new and that takes guts.

and no, i'm not a diehard bush fan. but maybe I’m just bias because I met him on an elevator that night I saw him live. ;)
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

Does he have to listen to her solo music? :P

Not to completely bash here either, but I was dragged to one of her solo shows about 2 years ago and it was absolutely terrible. I vomited. And it wasn't from the booze.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    just watched this episode of Conan...embarrassingly bad.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472

After accidentally clicking that second link you posted...I don't like you very much right now...
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Thank you Blondie blue and BrainOfJ.

I appreciate you both supporting my position on this thread. Gavin Rossdale does really put on a good show. Yes the silly dancing is there, but as Blondie blue said, it's Gavin's attempt to do something different along with his solo career. My point initially for getting into this thread, is that tv studio sound/ performances can be really bland compared to the actual show.
    When I saw Gavin Rossdale, yeah, he was dancing and grooving in chick wooning ways during certain songs, but the show overall was well worth seeing. His sound / tech stuff was top notch when I saw him.

Now, as we are all die hard pj fans- I have to say that the sound on Conan sucked. It was terrible. We all know a live pj show soundwise and what not is far superior.
    That's why I wanted to bring up Gavin's solo show. It's really good, and the solo stuff is far better live.
    As a die hard pj fan, I thought the sound blew on Conan. We all know the song will be far better on the album/ actual tour.

My point is: Don't miss GR if you are a fan of his music, even though the solo stuff is far better live. It's a great show, and don't let the conan studio disrupt you from going. I mean PJ's sound blew on their debut. Does that mean the single is ginna suck? no! It's gonna rock- both studio and live. TV studios have sound issues (some). Always thought they sounded great on Letterman.
    Give GR a chance if you are a fan of his earlier stuff. I saw him with Bush twice, and miseed Institute because they were playing a festival with shitty bands- and I had Eric Clapton tix for the same day well before Thef est had been announced.

TV studios can sometimes really screw the sound and it affects the performance. GR's sound at an actual show is great. The dancing is fir the chicks anyway but yes, overall it is well worth seeing this show.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    CG49089CG49089 Posts: 109
    yeah... I feel bad to have written a blatantly negative post... after seeing it live... the performance just leapt out to me as exceptionally bad... and I consider myself somebody who gives the benefit of the doubt... or the benefit of artistic creativity... but I guess part of me just wanted to let others see... which isn't that admirable I admit... but it was hard to resist.
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    I love me some bush. The band was okay too...
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    red mos wrote:

My point is: Don't miss GR if you are a fan of his music, even though the solo stuff is far better live. It's a great show, and don't let the conan studio disrupt you from going. I mean PJ's sound blew on their debut. Does that mean the single is ginna suck? no!

exactlly.
    before i watched Got Some i came on here and saw all the negative comments. It made me not want to watch it. but when I did, I was like ‘what’s all the fuss about?’ i'm glad a few people are not bashing Gavin here.

And red mos, I hate you for seeing Clapton. :mrgreen:
    Money was the issue for me. it upset me it was so high price. Clapton and Winwood don’t need that money. Ticketbasterd strikes again.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    What utter rubbish. I'd rather watch Nickelback or something.
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    i'll take gavin anyday over this shit thats on now...the dead weather. WOW this is bad
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    red mos wrote:

My point is: Don't miss GR if you are a fan of his music, even though the solo stuff is far better live. It's a great show, and don't let the conan studio disrupt you from going. I mean PJ's sound blew on their debut. Does that mean the single is ginna suck? no!

exactlly.
    before i watched Got Some i came on here and saw all the negative comments. It made me not want to watch it. but when I did, I was like ‘what’s all the fuss about?’ i'm glad a few people are not bashing Gavin here.

And red mos, I hate you for seeing Clapton. :mrgreen:
    Money was the issue for me. it upset me it was so high price. Clapton and Winwood don’t need that money. Ticketbasterd strikes again.

I'm afraid you'll hate me even more.. I went to see Clapton/Winwood last night in St. Paul... for free... row 10. It was quite good, better than I expected.... I knew Clapton would be good, but I had doubts about Winwood. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thank you, General Mills for the free tix!!!