TIMES ARE HARD RIGHT NOW ANYONE WANNA BUY SOME SIGNED STUFF

Comments

• Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    well go on... lets see the rest of the collection!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited June 2009
    sgossard3 wrote:

Oops.... just reread that..... not his post. He was quoting someone. :oops:
    Post edited by Wilds on
    Wilds wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:

Here is one more cool piece he has. 2nd post down.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=94937&start=60

But the other pics are Waaaaaaaaaaay sweeter IMO.
    ohh thats right... i remember seeing his pics with ed back then... id rather be in an ed headlock than get all those autographs :mrgreen: ... how many people can say theyve been on stage during a PJ show?? hope to atleast meet them some day... if i happen to have a marker and something worth signing then thatll just sweeten the deal

sgossard3 wrote:
    ohh thats right... i remember seeing his pics with ed back then... id rather be in an ed headlock than get all those autographs :mrgreen: ... how many people can say theyve been on stage during a PJ show?? hope to atleast meet them some day... if i happen to have a marker and something worth signing then thatll just sweeten the deal

My bad on that last post..... He was quoting someone..... Still a great post to check out. :oops:
    Wilds wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:

My bad on that last post..... He was quoting someone..... Still a great post to check out. :oops:
    ha... neither name matched up so i just took your word... just proof that theres alot of great PJ collectibles out there though

• pjammer92pjammer92 Posts: 67
    stuff is still available
    get it while you can
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    So wait a second, you are friends with Ed yet you are selling shit that the band gave you cause you are broke? Just doesn't quite make sense to me. How do broke mofos become friends with a rock star? I wonder if said rock star would be so inviting on stage after he sees this stunt. :lol:
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    good luck with the sales my friend,

sucks you have to sell them but no harm done if you have loads of them i guess,

I dont see any issue in you selling it either, someone who buys this will be over the moon, and you have some money. Wheres the harm in that?

My question is on the guitar that Mike has signed PJ 06, how come Matt hasnt signed this also? Or has it been signed over a few years. other than that the sigs look pretty good to me on first inspection

I think it would be better for you if you posted your prices. that way it may stop you getting a shit load of 'hopefull' PM's.

If you have any ordinary stuff to sell, like drumsticks, picks and passes, or an Ed Ved tambourine please let me know
    SolarWorld wrote:
    So wait a second, you are friends with Ed yet you are selling shit that the band gave you cause you are broke? Just doesn't quite make sense to me. How do broke mofos become friends with a rock star? I wonder if said rock star would be so inviting on stage after he sees this stunt. :lol:

Well for one I never said I was freinds with Ed or the rest of the band for that matter, second a rockstar worth millions upon millions of dollars shouldnt be worried about how others choose to make some money weather its selling an autograph or pumping gas especially in this screwed up economy every buck counts Eddie was broke at some point in his life and Im sure you have talked crap about poeple who pumped gas in someway or another so incase you didnt know Eddie pumped gas when he lived in San Diego before Pearl Jam so in a sense your talking shit about Im guessing your favorite lead singer......
    SolarWorld wrote:

This is a really ignorant and lame comment.

Because he's a millionaire he only associates with Millionaires? Like he doesnt have friends who dont have a fortune, he can't relate to the average citizen? i think you are way off the mark with that, I perceive Eddie to be quite grounded and certainly a man who can relate to the 'little man' in life.

You say this guy is a mofo? why is that?

and why do you conclude this chap is Eddies friend?

I must say I'm a bit baffled by the entirety of your comment.

Perhaps you pm'd him and couldnt do a deal ;)
  • mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    PM Sent!
    edited June 2009
    pdalowsky wrote:
    good luck with the sales my friend,

sucks you have to sell them but no harm done if you have loads of them i guess,

I dont see any issue in you selling it either, someone who buys this will be over the moon, and you have some money. Wheres the harm in that?

My question is on the guitar that Mike has signed PJ 06, how come Matt hasnt signed this also? Or has it been signed over a few years. other than that the sigs look pretty good to me on first inspection

I think it would be better for you if you posted your prices. that way it may stop you getting a shit load of 'hopefull' PM's.

If you have any ordinary stuff to sell, like drumsticks, picks and passes, or an Ed Ved tambourine please let me know

Dave Krusen signed this guitar. (So it is a complete item, adding Matt Cameron would make it a bit 'off', unless you tried to get ALL of the past band members.... then that would rock)
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • ranger800ranger800 Posts: 112
    PM Sent!
    Thats what i was getting at Nate,

I'm not questionning the legitamacy of the guitar, just seemed odd to get Krusen to sign a guitar in 06 when he is no longer in the band.

I'm not so sure though that it makes it a more complete item...sure Krusen is more original than Matt but Matt has long been a member of the band now and has recorded with them many times, and remains to me as integral to PJ as Krusen was himself.

Dave A is another story I guess
    These are pretty rare items people you dont see these things often it at all
  • satanmansatanman Posts: 295
    I like your stuff. you should really post prices and make it easier on everyone
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,906
    satanman wrote:
    I like your stuff. you should really post prices and make it easier on everyone

agreed,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
    Did you have this stuff on ebay before because I have a lot of your pictures saved to my computer?? BUYER BEWARE. I have all but one of those photos saved. USE CAUTION PEOPLE!!
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
    Did you have this stuff on ebay before because I have a lot of your pictures saved to my computer?? BUYER BEWARE. I have all but one of those photos saved. USE CAUTION PEOPLE!!

assuming you're correct and the seller tried to sell this stuff on eBay in the past, why should that be a cause for concern?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer wrote:

assuming you're correct and the seller tried to sell this stuff on eBay in the past, why should that be a cause for concern?
    sounds reasonable to proceed with caution... only has 18 posts here and if what mike gossard says is true then these could be forgeries or they could've already been sold and youre paying for nothing... not saying either are true and i dont mean to offend the OP... but scams are everywhere these days

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I think the buyer should always be VERY aware when buying autographs from someone- I don't care if the 10C does say that they are real- people make a living forging other people's sigs
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • ranger800ranger800 Posts: 112
    Definitely would like to hear more about why there are multiple pictures of these items out there.
    sgossard3 wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

sounds reasonable to proceed with caution... only has 18 posts here and if what mike gossard says is true then these could be forgeries or they could've already been sold and youre paying for nothing... not saying either are true and i dont mean to offend the OP... but scams are everywhere these days

indeed, but the points you've raised are essentially all about doing your homework before purchasing said items should one choose to do so, as opposed to simply black-listing a seller and items because they were previously offered up for sale on eBay. the signatures aren't forgeries, that much as clear. everything else is about due diligence and, if purchasing said items, to pay using Paypal w/ a credit card. for the record, i've never dealt with the seller and don't know him/her, and i'm not going to be purchasing any of the items offered up. and if i can also add, a user's post count doesn't reflect on his/her reputation outside of the Porch,...

;)

• Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
    I'm just wondering. Im not saying that this isnt legit I just happen to have all but one of these photos saved on my computer. These were from ebay. The guy has a low number of posts. Im just saying use caution ebay and paypal have buyer protections in place so people can get their money back.

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is. Lets see some new pictures taken today with the seller holding the guitar posted.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
    100 Pacer wrote:
    and if i can also add, a user's post count doesn't reflect on his/her reputation outside of the Porch,...
    oh i know... zero correlation... just a personal preference to deal with people ive seen around here alot before... tend to know and trust them a bit more... youre right though, with paypal youre pretty well guarded against any fraud... and theres tons of great, trustworthy people new to this board

sorry for adding to the fray... i told myself i would stop jumping to conclusions around here... ran into some scamming yesterday though so im just on high alert at the moment :?

First off none of these items have been offered on ebay ever before so you got pics them when i posted pictures of them from another board when someone made a post about showing your collection thats where you got these pictures from I am not a scam artist peolple if anyone was actuly wanted one of these items i would accept paypal. Here are the prices
    Avocado LP $550
    Lost Dogs LP $600
    RVM LP $700
    Guitars $2300 Each
    I've read all the above, and 100 Pacer makes some good points.

This guy checks out, I did a lot of homework when i bought from him previously and its funny a few people replied saying that they had actually gotten autographs with him outside shows.

Buy with confidence for once.
    I posted prices...
    edited July 2009
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Thats what i was getting at Nate,

I'm not questionning the legitamacy of the guitar, just seemed odd to get Krusen to sign a guitar in 06 when he is no longer in the band.

I'm not so sure though that it makes it a more complete item...sure Krusen is more original than Matt but Matt has long been a member of the band now and has recorded with them many times, and remains to me as integral to PJ as Krusen was himself.

Dave A is another story I guess

Just meant it was a complete item, having 5 members including 1 drummer. Would have been better if it had Cameron IMO, for the time period, or if Mike hadn't added PJ 06 (although that is awesome in it's own right).

I think I was saying not to 'also' get cameron unless you then tried for all the past drummers.

As to these pictures. I've seen them before, and yes it was on one of these boards (EDIT: Turns out I had seen these for sale on eBay). I take every autograph picture that gets posted for personal use, and to help me authenticate in the future. I also have these ones from before.

Those prices seem to be about 20% better than what you would find on the open 'buy it now' market.... although most of those items don't sell on ebay for $700 plus.... so perhaps these prices are more in line with what things might go for on a normal bidding type auction?
    Post edited by Wilds on