Options

And why PEARL JAM SUCK....

2»

Comments

• Options
    ravilloriasravillorias Paris Posts: 458
    Pegasus wrote:
    NME have always hated PJ anyway..this article almost read like he's quoting Lannegan saying that crap :shock:

Why will NME hate PJ ? !!! Actually, I do not care... but why ??? :S
    -- rafa
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Pegasus wrote:
    NME have always hated PJ anyway..this article almost read like he's quoting Lannegan saying that crap :shock:

they're apparently pretty much the people that started the Nirvana-PJ 'feud' story.
    don't ask me why, it's just a fact..most of the UK press don't like them (even Stone made a quip on it in the Q Q&A a couple of years back...Q being one of the haters) but NME worst of all.
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Q hate anyone who are not U2 or Radiohead.
    NME hate anyone who has band members over the age of 20.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    This guys is irrelevant and has been for some time. Oh and so is the NME.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    dunkman wrote:
    he's entitled to his opinion.
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Classless.

Bingo. On both counts.

In the grand scheme of things if NME has to pull stunts like this to get attention/readership then it reveals more about how they operate than it does about Evan Dando's lack of tact or how he chooses to air his opinions.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    philthehip wrote:
    Who are The Lemonheads?

No really guys who are they?

lemonheads_25.jpg
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    dunkman wrote:

amazingly, dunkman and i agree from time to time.;)

i truly don't understand why people get *upset*....or the call others names, etc, over something that is SUBJECTIVE TASTE. that is what musical preference is all about...so who gives a flying fuck what this guy or anyone else says? like and enjoy what you will...and leave others to their own personal preferences. i don't think anyone in pj is losing any sleep over it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    i don't think anyone in pj is losing any sleep over it.

...and because Edward never gives his opinion on others, right? :D:D:D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296
    why do people have to say a band 'sucks' - can't they just say they aren't into it or it's not their cup of tea. clearly PJ doesn't suck but that doesn't mean they are for everyone. evertime someone doesn't like a band they have to say they suck when in reality most don't suck, you really just don't prefer their music.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:

they're apparently pretty much the people that started the Nirvana-PJ 'feud' story.
    don't ask me why, it's just a fact..most of the UK press don't like them (even Stone made a quip on it in the Q Q&A a couple of years back...Q being one of the haters) but NME worst of all.

I didn't know that !!! Actually, I prefer the RS magazine, but is hasn't be easy for them here in France, they have relaunched it over and over again..
    -- rafa
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:

amazingly, dunkman and i agree from time to time.;)

i truly don't understand why people get *upset*....or the call others names, etc, over something that is SUBJECTIVE TASTE. that is what musical preference is all about...so who gives a flying fuck what this guy or anyone else says? like and enjoy what you will...and leave others to their own personal preferences. i don't think anyone in pj is losing any sleep over it.

exactly... i think Tool are a shit band... Evan Dando think s PJ are shit... who fucking cares.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    why do people have to say a band 'sucks' - can't they just say they aren't into it or it's not their cup of tea. clearly PJ doesn't suck but that doesn't mean they are for everyone. evertime someone doesn't like a band they have to say they suck when in reality most don't suck, you really just don't prefer their music.

yeah... it sucks to say ''suck'' !!! :D:lol:
    -- rafa
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    yeah... it sucks to say ''suck'' !!! :D:lol:

I kinda think it blows. :lol:
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i don't think anyone in pj is losing any sleep over it.

...and because Edward never gives his opinion on others, right? :D:D:D

PBM

of course he does...and so does this guy. isn't that the whole point?
    they are entitled to, as we all are. i just think it's silly to get upset over someone else's opinion, especially on something as subjective as taste in music. no? of course, that's simply imo. ;)

edward...how formal of you.......:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    isn't that the whole point?

Yes, just reinforcing. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    GREAT... :twisted:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”