And why PEARL JAM SUCK....

icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
edited June 2009 in The Porch
The gospel according to Evan Dando of the Lemonheads from this month's issue of NME in the UK...

And I quoth...

"And Pearl Jam suck. The Lemonheads were never a grunge band. luckily, because Mark Lanegan from Screaming Trees complains about that. It was lucky that we didn't get lumped into that whole thing, because I dont like a lot of them. I love Mudhoney, Nirvana and Screaming Trees but Pearl Jam? I'd prefer to listen to Journey than Pearl Jam. I think they're terrible."

Each to their own. In my opinion, mr one-hit-wonder sounds a bit like an idiot.....
:D Rock on!!!! :D
Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    LMFAO

I can always depend on a hack for laugher at work. His band sucks beyond belief. Seems like the dude just wants press for his band and all.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    This doesn't change the fact that "It's a Shame About Ray" is still one of my favorite albums from that time period ... or that I've always thought that Evan Dando is a top notch douche.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I saw them live once. The show was 40 minutes long and that was including the encore...
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    I do like the lemonheads, but Dando can be a douche.

I love It's a Shame About Ray too
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Classless.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Ooooh Ooooh Ooooh Piss Bottle Man!
    NERDS!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Sounds like a bit of envy that PJ has been so successful and the Lemonheads aren't.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    he's entitled to his opinion.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • heyy, i do like the lemonheads and ive seen them live.
    was a fuckin crazy show, was very disjointed, for most of it we just watched a stoned evan dando play the first 30 seconds of songs being shouted out from the crowd.

was a good experience but not exactly for the right reasons.

BUT what he said there is fuckin stupid.
    he could have not shown himself up so much if he had chosen his words more carefully.

Pearl jam fucking blow the lemonheads out of the water.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    the lemonheads were shit, one decent record.....

I hate it when wank singers have to come up with such bullshit comments like this to try and get that little bit of attention.

Did anyone check out Dandos solo album? It was poor, real poor.

Their best song record was like 15 years ago.....oh wait wasnt Pearl Jams 18 years ago :oops:
  • I've met him and had the unfortunate experience of hanging out with him. He's every bit of a douchebag as you would think, and he makes an ass out of himself everywhere he goes. His comments are worth nothing.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Who are The Lemonheads?

No really guys who are they?
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    What fucking ashtray did Evan Dando crawl out of?

They should hand out pillows at his concerts -they are so goddamn boring-

NME must of sat him down for an interview after he delivered a pizza to them.

Evan Dando should realize that it's no longer 1993. His Glory Days have long since past him by and he should really not be talking shit about a band that unlike him....still has a fucking career.

Anyways, I hear he's still really good friends with that smackhead Courtney...They deserve each other.

Honestly, who cares what a talentless skid row junkie has to say.

Ha Ha...I've actually just written more words about Evan Dando on this fourm that's probably been written about him in the last 15 years...

Good Lord...who's next...Stephen Jenkens??
  • icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    philthehip wrote:
    Who are The Lemonheads?

No really guys who are they?

They did a rocky cover of Mrs Robinson (Simon and Garfunkel) which was quite decent and had a good album out in 1993, It's A Shame About Ray, which apparently was very good but that's as much as I know. I think their tunes were not as popular over on our tiny island compared to what they were in the US.
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    who the hell is Evan Dando and the Lemonheads?
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    icemanap wrote:
    The gospel according to Evan Dando of the Lemonheads from this month's issue of NME in the UK...

And I quoth...

"And Pearl Jam suck. The Lemonheads were never a grunge band. luckily, because Mark Lanegan from Screaming Trees complains about that. It was lucky that we didn't get lumped into that whole thing, because I dont like a lot of them. I love Mudhoney, Nirvana and Screaming Trees but Pearl Jam? I'd prefer to listen to Journey than Pearl Jam. I think they're terrible."

Each to their own. In my opinion, mr one-hit-wonder sounds a bit like an idiot.....

He is just jealous because his band SUCKS!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    jlew24asu wrote:

They did the remake of the Beatles song "Mrs. Robinson". Their one hit was not even an original song.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    :shock: :shock: this thread made two pgs i'm ashamed of myself for keeping it going :oops: :oops: .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    jlew24asu wrote:

They did the remake of the Beatles song "Mrs. Robinson". Their one hit was not even an original song.

beatles?
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    I'm glad they were never associated with Pearl Jam too.

If It's A Shame About Ray is their greatest contribution to music, it's no wonder few
    people have heard about them. Awful, just awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMLPw6KvSJs
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
    jlew24asu wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvMFm5nKeUc Mrs. Robinson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_a0ld9gfIU Piss Bottle Man

Songs you should know, I think.
    NERDS!
    pdalowsky wrote:
    jlew24asu wrote:

beatles?

Alas it was Simon and Garfunkle Vedder Girl! Although it was a song which I'm sure the Liverpudlians would have been proud of!
    nukeboot wrote:
    I'm glad they were never associated with Pearl Jam too.

If It's A Shame About Ray is their greatest contribution to music, it's no wonder few
    people have heard about them. Awful, just awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMLPw6KvSJs

I hope the German concert goers from that particular performance got their money Bach......
    :lol:
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154

Nice Watt reference and an appearance from me.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    wasnt their biggest hit a cover of mrs robinson???
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

not a great argument given that PJ's biggest hit was a cover of a 1962 Wayne Cochran song. :lol:;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.

Nice Watt reference and an appearance from me.

PBM

I knew you'd like it. :D
    NERDS!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    NME have always hated PJ anyway..this article almost read like he's quoting Lannegan saying that crap :shock:
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    Back when Vedder was with Bad Radio, he was working stage crew at club in SD. Dando came to town, vedder drew a nice piece of poster art for him, anticipating Dandos reaction. When vedder gave it to him, Dando looked at it, mumbled something negative, and threw it on the floor and walked away.........
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    dunkman wrote:

not a great argument given that PJ's biggest hit was a cover of a 1962 Wayne Cochran song. :lol:;)

touche sir ;):lol: