Options

FRONT ROW seats!!!

Comments

• Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,612
    I have been in the club since 1999, when I was 14. If I had known I would be a huge fan later in life, I would have joined the 10 Club when I was 6, but I did not know that would be the case. Anyways, I would piss my pants if I got to that ticket window and they handed me seats in the first or second row. I was wondering though, what about people with really good numbers, is it possible that someone who would be placed in the fourth row, would randomly be assigned the 10th row? This shouldn't affect me, but I did wonder about that.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    I guess 1996 to 1999, or maybe it was early 2000, were really the lean years. i joined 3 or 4 years after you, and my number is 206XXX. What show did you see in 1994? Limelight?

sounds more like 2000. i joined in april of 2001 and i'm 232xxx
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    It's the 10 Club's fault, for not going to your kindegarten class to sign you up.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    oh yeah... ive seen 12th once.. and then since then anywhere from 15-- 4th row..

4th row was just as exciting as first row to me but, it will be cool if it works out once in my life time
  • Options
    sounds more like 2000. i joined in april of 2001 and i'm 232xxx

could be. I got my first computer in Sept 99 when I started grad school. I remember finding the fan club website shortly after and immediately joining. By the way, oatsdad earlier said:

The club was only $5 back then and everybody with an interest in PJ knew that FC membership brought ticket privileges.

Maybe I'm wrong, since I didn't join until 2000, but wasn't the 2000 tour the first where you could get tickets via 10Club? And you could only pick one show, to boot. Did they do fan club ticketing before that?
  • Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    I guess 1996 to 1999, or maybe it was early 2000, were really the lean years. i joined 3 or 4 years after you, and my number is 206XXX. What show did you see in 1994? Limelight?

No, the Paramount Theater show in NYC...right after Kurt Cobain died. It really affected the band and at the time, they weren't sure when--or if--they would play another live show

04/17/94 - Paramount Theater: NYC, NY [100m]
    attendance: 5,500
    support act: Mudhoney
    set: Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Animal, Dissident, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(Tonight's the Night), Why Go, Jeremy, Alone, Garden, Footsteps, State of Love and Trust, Satan's Bed, Blood, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Sonic Reducer
    notes: The '94 tour ended abruptly with this at the Paramount Theater, located inside NY's Madison Square Garden. Area Ten Club members had preference for tickets. Remaining tickets were distributed to New York radio stations and were given away starting the Friday before (the show was on a Sunday) until late Saturday night. Winners then went to a separate location to pick up the tix before the show. Ed leads the crowd in a "fuck" chant before 'Alone.' A female fan, screaming "I love you, Eddie" is dealt with. "Aww, that's sweet. I love you too," Ed responds sarcastically. "You don't love me. You love who you think I am and the image you have created in your mind. You can't love me cause I'm already in love. Did you know my ten year anniversary with my girlfriend, Beth, is next month? That is the longest relationship of anyone in the band, unless you count Stone and Jeff." 'Dissident's' lyrics are changed to a spoken, "Escape is never the safest plan." Mark Arm joins PJ for 'Sonic Reducer.' A very spiritual, intense, cathartic show with an entire night of pummeling beats and guitar solos, Ed howling and pulsating hair. It is unclear what direction PJ will take from this point. Ed references this and suggests going off and living in a cave with Beth.
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    i tell ya,my first show i was waaayyyyyyyyy back.2nd show near the sound board.3rd i was 12 rows from the stage and it was such a totally different experience(fucking spiritual) i can't explain how special that night was for me!

but first row! holy shit! i could die after the show and be content for eternity!! :):D:)
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Oatsdad wrote:
    If you've been a fan all that time, why'd it take you so long to join the 10C? I became a fan in 1994 and JOINED in 1994...
    wow that has absolutely no point on who was a fan longer
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    I became a fan in 1992 but didn't join til 1996 (I actually got to go to the 1994 NYC show, for which tix were NOT sold to the public AT ALL--so count your blessings!--by winning them from WDHA, a NJ radio station). Sometimes you just fuck up, ya know?

Anyway, I'm okay with my 10C # 161XXX. It gets me 10th row in Colorado and 22nd row in NY/NJ. It hasn't failed me yet.
    wow it must have been late 96
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,635
    I think that they will do the distribution like this,
    Every 10C member in the running for rows 1-2.
    Then seat by seniority until row 9.
    Random distribution from remaining 10C members for rows 9-10.
    Then seat 11- lower tiers for the rest of 10C.

I doubt if you usually pull 3rd row w/ your # you would be in the drawing to be randomly selected for row 9 or 10, that wouldn't seem fair.

I'm just hoping that for one of the 5 shows I bought tix for that RANDOM acts of kindness come my way.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    front row is not that special......really, mike hands you a pick and talks to you. ed gives you the cork to his bottle and the show goes on....
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Everyone who wants to waste their entire day lined up outside the venue :)

Its totally worth it when you get to see the spit out of Ed's mouth :p Plus its not a waste, ye get to meet some great characters in those lines!!

I wasn't in a rush to join the 10c. My main reason was to get a second chance at tickets and I knew there wasn't going to be a Euro tour for years so I joined in 2005. Seating didn't come in to it at all, till about a week ago :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Only happened to me once in Camden. Back when 10c only allowed fans to buy 1 pair to one show on the tour.
    I joined the fanclub in 1992 and back then the newsletter only consisted of a photocopyed single page newsletter with the band members committing on the Victoria Williams Crazy Mary release and news from the Lollapalloza tour. I let my membership lapse in 94 because of all the moving around I did. I get myself in the head thinking how low my number would be. Probably 4 digits or less. I'm at 121*** now. I can't complain, it was my responsibility to stay on it. It is amazing to see how far 10club has come. I think when it changed over to the VHC is when it grew out its baby clothes.

Alan
  • Options
    OatsdadOatsdad Posts: 72
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    wow that has absolutely no point on who was a fan longer

My point wasn't who's been a fan the longest - it's that I have no sympathy for these people who claim to have been superfans forever but never joined the club.

Those who say they've been big PJ fans since the early days but didn't know about the ticket privileges... well, I'm not sure how that's possible. I knew about them in 1994, and that's pre-Internet for me. It was common knowledge that joining the FC got you ticket privileges - that's literally the only reason I joined.

So again, I have never - and WILL never - argue I'm one of the band's biggest fans, because I'm not. But if someone who's a moderate fan like me knew enough to join the club for ticket privileges, how'd these superfans stay out of the loop? :confused:
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Oatsdad wrote:
    Oh, in no way do I claim to be a "great fan" - that wasn't the intention of my post. God, there are scads of people here who are way into PJ. My point was simply that I see no reason why these superfans didn't join way back in the day.

I take issue with folks who say they've loved PJ forever but whine that they have crummy 10C numbers even though they go back so far. Sorry, but you really couldn't afford $5 a year when you were 15? I apologize if money was really that tight, but then again, if you couldn't shell out $5/year, then you had problems to worry about other than concert tickets...

I used to have 124XXX'ish for a number, but it was too costly for me to attend some of the shows (at the time) being held many kilometers away from Atlantic Canada. So I ended up letting my membership lapse. Sometimes it isn't just about the 5 dollars, or the 20 dollars. It's about the ease of being able to attend a show. It wasn't until years later that I felt like I could safely afford to travel to see them.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Oatsdad wrote:
    If you've been a fan all that time, why'd it take you so long to join the 10C? I became a fan in 1994 and JOINED in 1994...
    Well good for you.

I've been bitten by the PJ bug ever since I heard Eddie's voice with Temple of the Dog (Ten came out a few months after that). I only joined the 10C a couple of years ago. Why? At age 30+ when I became a fan, I had other priorities. Joining fan clubs were for teenagers it seemed. I managed without problems getting tix to gigs (though twice I had to miss them). I only joined when there were rumours of the Astoria gig in London and it was the best $20 spent as I was one of the lucky ones to get free tickets! As most shows in Europe are GA, I'm not bothered by my number.

Joining a fan club doesn't make you a better fan. Just may give you some advantages.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Rows 1 and 2 will be determined by a next-round-robin indian leg wrestling contest in the parking lot before the show each night.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    JaneNY wrote:
    From the sticky post regarding the Pearl Jam tour right at the top of this page:
    rubysdad wrote:
    Tickets will be allocated by seniority within the Ten Club, meaning the
    longer you have been an active member, the closer your seats will be to the
    stage. However, for this tour, we are implementing a slight change - rows
    1-2 and rows 9-10 will now be RANDOM distribution. This means regardless of your member number you will have a chance of occupying seats within those random rows. We thank all of our diligent, loyal fans for accepting this
    change gracefully. Please share the love.

seriously, is this truly THAT difficult to understand? really? i think it is very clear and concise.

rows 1-2 - RANDOM
    3-8 by seniority
    rows 9-10 RANDOM
    all other 10c seating beyond...by seniority

it was clarified on the board that anyone who would normally sit below row 9 with their seniority would NOT randomly be placed in row 9-10, so won't get 'worse' seats...so no worries. don't ask me for a link to what thread, i do not recall. this has been posted about so much so i have no idea. i'd say do a search on posts by rubysdad and/or kat and you'd find it quick enough if you truly want it verified, again.

beyond that.....random means just that....RANDOM. ANYone, even one who WOULD normally be in the front row COULD randomly be selected to be in the front row, or second row. totally fair. just as the person who normally would be in the last row of 10c seats has an EQUAL chance of randomly being selected to sit in the first row.

it's a beautiful thing. :D
    again, kudos 10c.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    seriously, is this truly THAT difficult to understand? really?

Can you explain that to me again D2D? Just talk a bit slower... :p
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    No, the Paramount Theater show in NYC...right after Kurt Cobain died. It really affected the band and at the time, they weren't sure when--or if--they would play another live show

04/17/94 - Paramount Theater: NYC, NY [100m]
    attendance: 5,500
    support act: Mudhoney
    set: Rearviewmirror, Whipping, Go, Animal, Dissident, Even Flow, Glorified G, Daughter/(Tonight's the Night), Why Go, Jeremy, Alone, Garden, Footsteps, State of Love and Trust, Satan's Bed, Blood, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Sonic Reducer
    notes: The '94 tour ended abruptly with this at the Paramount Theater, located inside NY's Madison Square Garden. Area Ten Club members had preference for tickets. Remaining tickets were distributed to New York radio stations and were given away starting the Friday before (the show was on a Sunday) until late Saturday night. Winners then went to a separate location to pick up the tix before the show. Ed leads the crowd in a "fuck" chant before 'Alone.' A female fan, screaming "I love you, Eddie" is dealt with. "Aww, that's sweet. I love you too," Ed responds sarcastically. "You don't love me. You love who you think I am and the image you have created in your mind. You can't love me cause I'm already in love. Did you know my ten year anniversary with my girlfriend, Beth, is next month? That is the longest relationship of anyone in the band, unless you count Stone and Jeff." 'Dissident's' lyrics are changed to a spoken, "Escape is never the safest plan." Mark Arm joins PJ for 'Sonic Reducer.' A very spiritual, intense, cathartic show with an entire night of pummeling beats and guitar solos, Ed howling and pulsating hair. It is unclear what direction PJ will take from this point. Ed references this and suggests going off and living in a cave with Beth.

that was my first show too...i was 12 back then and had no idea about ten club and fan club tickets...i was lucky to get the tickets through the radio.
    had i known about the ten club ticket priviledges i would have joined a lot sooner than 2003! my #25x,xxx but i'm grateful for any ticket to a pearl jam show no matter where i sit b/c i'm there to have a good time and hear my favorite band play, and it's always a good time at a pearl jam show!
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    I love how people with good numbers are chastising the rest of us!!! Seriously, unless you were of age ad opportunity to see them on tour back in the early days, I don't think that fan club meant anything to you. I honestly doubt that the general consensus of us who DIDN'T take advantage of seeing shows with 10C tickets ever thought that joining the fan club or keeping a membership number would be worth it. Sure it's only 20 bucks, but renewing something which provides little excitement outside of the Christmas single and a once a year newsletter was hardly worth it if you didn't go to shows! Not to mention, LIFE HAPPENS! You simply forget to do something that happens ONCE A YEAR! Once I saw PJ in 2000 and learned about the 10C tickets, I got a membership, and have been diligent since.

I think the "then you're not a good fan" arguement is bull shit too.
    I was 12 when I first heard them in 93, and I lived in Bumble Fuck Nowhere in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I never saw a "real" concert until I was 19 in '99, the Tibetan Freedom Concert. I was 2.5 hours from Green Bay, WI, 5 from Milwaukee, and 7 from Chicago or Detroit. Concerts happened at the fucking State Fair! The one that got the most buzz ever was the "Simply Irresistable" doOd, Robert Palmer! Otherwise it was shit country music! I started seeing shows when I was in college.

Now that I've vented,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU 10C!!!! The lottery is HOPE for the rest of us. It's about time we get a shot at being up front. For me, being right up front and sharing wine with Ed and hoping to BS with Mike is far from reality. The fortunate with low numbers make it sound like it's an expectation and entitlement for them, but for the rest of us, we wouldn't be able to experience that. It would mean the world to me to see that just ONE TIME. The only time I've ever seen ANY of the band up close was at Chicago II in 06 when Ed snuck out to the sound booth and played Last Kiss from there. I got to see him play that from like 10 ft away. Otherwise it's been halfway back on the floor, or watching little PJ dots rock out on stage from far away. :(
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,807
    everyones needs to chill...

the odds of them pulling your name for 1st row at the Garden are about....

900-1...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Well good for you.

I've been bitten by the PJ bug ever since I heard Eddie's voice with Temple of the Dog (Ten came out a few months after that). I only joined the 10C a couple of years ago. Why? At age 30+ when I became a fan, I had other priorities. Joining fan clubs were for teenagers it seemed. I managed without problems getting tix to gigs (though twice I had to miss them). I only joined when there were rumours of the Astoria gig in London and it was the best $20 spent as I was one of the lucky ones to get free tickets! As most shows in Europe are GA, I'm not bothered by my number.

Joining a fan club doesn't make you a better fan. Just may give you some advantages.

For the 97th time, I never claimed to be a "better fan" than anyone else. In fact, I freely admit that TONS of folks like PJ much, much more than I do. I'm a fan but I'm not even sure they're in my personal top 10 acts.

However, at least I understood that joining the club would be cheap and advantageous. If you had other "priorities" - and condescending assumptions about how fan clubs were for "teenagers" - then that's your choice.

Clearly you're not upset that you've been a fan forever but have a shitty 10C number, so my posts weren't aimed at you. They're for the folks who've liked PJ for years and years and whine that they're getting screwed because "lesser fans" have better 10C numbers...
  • Options
    October22 wrote:
    not true. i was a fan since Ten. i was 12 years old. i don't even know how i was supposed to find out about fan club benefits or anything like that. i never even thought about it. i think we forget about what the world was like before the internet

All I know is that pretty soon after I got into PJ in 1994, I knew that joining the club would get me ticket benefits. How did I learn this? No idea - it was a long time ago. Definitely wasn't the Internet, and I definitely wasn't the only one who heard about it. I thought it was common knowledge among PJ fans even then...
  • Options
    Would you like a chocolate or a vanilla cookie?

LOL. Well done. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Oatsdad wrote:

Who knows? I bought Ten in Dec of 91 and saw the "Send $5 to join the Ten Club" on the album sleeve and didn't join for 5 1/2 years. I've been a die-hard fan since day 1. I still get great seats so it doesn't bother me too much. I just had no idea what joining would have gotten me. I was 15 and had no clue what a fanclub was all about or how cool PJ was to its fans. It's all good.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    wow it must have been late 96

161xxx must have been 97 actually because mine is 154xxx and I think I joined early in 97.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    would be a dream answered.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

900-1...

who CARES?

odds of 900 to 1 is STILL more than none, which was most 10clubbers chances before this gift. so yes, it's a beautiful thing....adds an extra element of excitment for many, and hell yes....shot in the dark or not......there will be a good 80+ 10club members who WILL, at EVERY show this tour....get seats in row 1, 2, 9, or 10...who probably would not be that close...ever, and what a GREAT and wonderful thing it is! so DON'T CHILL...ENJOY!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128

900-1...

Not true. MSG holds 18000 or so, so 10% of those tickets would be 1800, so yeah, 900 pairs is right. But there are 20 or so pairs in each row. So the odds of you getting to sit in the first 2 rows are 40/900 or roughly 1 in 22, which is not bad at all. If you then figure that of rows 3-8 the Ten Club gets roughly 60 of the 120 pairs in those 6 rows, then by the time they're in rows 9 and 10 they've already doled out 100 pairs of tickets. So then your odds of being seated in rows 9 or 10 would be 40/800 or 1 in 20. Not bad at all, really. Everyone has about an 8% chance of being in one of those great four rows.